Overpopulation in Asia

Apr 2019
Toronto
I do have some sympathy for your position. But again I ask, what is your suggestion or suggestions?
Take the billions were spending on energy retrofits, and put it towards family planning education in high school. Open thousands of free vasectomy clinics in developing countries. Impose a large tax on immigrants who want move to the largest cities. Try and divert population growth to smaller towns and cities, in strategic locations that would be good for the economy. Get the worlds smartest people to look into ethical solutions to deal with overpopulation. If we are going to use policy and invention, we should make sure our ideas have the lowest impact on human rights. Try and avoid using force, but respect all sides on the issue, and create a volunteer movement to affect change.

Apr 2019
Toronto
I disagree with one child ideas. People can have two children and the population will still gradually decrease. You need 2.1 to be above replacement levels. If we can try and get most people to have 2 children, we can gradually reduce the population. Even if a few people have 3 children, it doesn't matter as long as a few people only have one. It's will take centuries to get under a billion, but the planet will be in better shape in a million years.

We should be planting endangered trees in our backyards, and creating buffer zones to safeguard endangered species for the next thousand years.