Parking meter deal keeps getting worse for city as meter revenues rise

Mar 2019
Texas
chicago sun times

This seems to be a decent rundown of the issue chicago is facing with their decision to sell their parking meters to investors to people from foreign countries.

Taking government out of the parking meter business is a good move but replacing them with a corrupt greedy investment firm making the calls was a very bad choice.

There are good solutions to this problem that could have been implemented from the start. I do wonder if the idea was ever thought of to have a non profit run the business was talked about? The good news is that there is a way to fix this issue and lower parking fees. First off they need to not choose quick profit over future stability. People need to join together in the community and buy out the contract and implement a system that is fair to the citizens and is run in the best interest of chicago and not just interest for investors.

I believe that there is someone out there with some good ideas and there is a new mayor that would likely have an open ear....

What i see is a great opportunity to make meaningful change that does not require government to run it.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
W/ Chicago's history of corruption one has to assume that there were some serious kick backs involved in that sweetheart deal.