Parsing Biden

Dec 2018
New England
"Trump’s impulsive decision may well do more to strengthen Iran’s position in the region than any of Soleimani’s plots could have ever accomplished," - Joe Biden, in a recent speech.

Let's think about this. What could Soleimani accomplished had he lived? I think it's reasonable to assume he would continue to do what he has done for years, and that is to organize terrorist attacks and kill, among others, Americans. So is Joe Biden really saying the United states is better served by Soleimani continuing to kill Americans than by Soleimani being in his grave? Or is he saying more dead Americans at the hands of Soleimani is the price we must pay to keep Iran from strengthening its "position?" Perhaps Joe means we should have allowed Soleimani continue to kill because what will come after will leave a higher body count?

Sort of makes you wonder, how many dead Americans is too many for Joe?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
That totally depends on the direction and extent of Iran's responses to this killing. Those, like Trump who think this very gentle response of the missiles set to miss US personnel is the extent of it are living in their alternative facts universe.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Nat brother you got a tendency to start threads that end up being hundreds of posts based on your complete misinterpretation of something someone said. You're relentless and hard-headed and keep arguing the same "point" despite several posters nicely and thoroughly explaining to you why you're incorrect.

and you don't seem unintelligent, so I think you're purposefully laying bait to get people riled

I think you may get a kick out of it.

I say DTT posters don't take the bait and give you the satisfaction this time

I'm not the boss of the forum but I'd recommend not getting lured in, fellow intelligent posters.

Dec 2018
New England
That totally depends on the direction and extent of Iran's responses to this killing. Those, like Trump who think this very gentle response of the missiles set to miss US personnel is the extent of it are living in their alternative facts universe.
Why would they bother with a token response (and I agree with you they likely pulled their punch) only to hit hard later?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Why would they bother with a token response (and I agree with you they likely pulled their punch) only to hit hard later?
Asymmetric war. That's the way to victory these days.

Jul 2015
chicago
Because they want to poke the bear now and not get eaten. Later they will do more proxy war shit that they can fly under the radar on. They are all about controlling and influencing the greater region while they develop the bomb.

Dec 2018
Indiana
"Trump’s impulsive decision may well do more to strengthen Iran’s position in the region than any of Soleimani’s plots could have ever accomplished," - Joe Biden, in a recent speech.

Let's think about this. What could Soleimani accomplished had he lived? I think it's reasonable to assume he would continue to do what he has done for years, and that is to organize terrorist attacks and kill, among others, Americans. So is Joe Biden really saying the United states is better served by Soleimani continuing to kill Americans than by Soleimani being in his grave? Or is he saying more dead Americans at the hands of Soleimani is the price we must pay to keep Iran from strengthening its "position?" Perhaps Joe means we should have allowed Soleimani continue to kill because what will come after will leave a higher body count?

Sort of makes you wonder, how many dead Americans is too many for Joe?
After 20 years of U.S. military intervention and occupation, sort of makes you wonder how much longer it's going take for the U.S. to achieve its goals (whatever those may be at the moment) in the Middle East?

Need I remind you of Reagan's wise withdrawal from Lebanon in 1984?

Our tax dollars at work:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007
Dec 2018
New England
Asymmetric war. That's the way to victory these days.
I don’t think purposely missing targets is asymmetric warfare.

While it’s possible this was some kind of feint, it is also possible it was an attack they could puff up at home (Iranian news is supposedly claiming scores of US casualties) but not an action that would bring further retaliation from the US.

In short, it could be deterrence in action.

Dec 2018
New England
After 20 years of U.S. military intervention and occupation, sort of makes you wonder how much longer it's going take for the U.S. to achieve its goals (whatever those may be at the moment) in the Middle East?

Need I remind you of Reagan's wise withdrawal from Lebanon in 1984?

Our tax dollars at work:

I’m ok with a smaller military footprint in the ME.