Party of Morals and Values

Jul 2019
Georgia
this thread is about how the Republican Party touts themselves as the Party of Morals and Values, but now are proving they are the opposite, continuously.

donald trump being the number one example, of course, but the thuggery is happening more and more within the party

for example, the most recent occurrence

An Arizona grand jury indicted Maricopa County Assessor Paul Petersen for multiple counts of fraud relating to his black market adoption business.

In a press conference on Wednesday, Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich said Petersen stands accused of illegally arranging travel for 29 pregnant women from the Marshall Islands from November 2015 to May 2019 with the intention of adopting out their babies for a fee.

Petersen is also accused of falsely representing the women as Arizona residents to bilk $800,000 of Arizona tax dollars to pay for their health care costs.

Petersen, a Republican, was appointed as Maricopa County Assessor in 2013. Voters elected to keep him in the seat in 2016.

****also this is not to say Dems don't participate in thuggery
just addressing one of the GOP's former campaign ads is now completely gone

Last edited:
Sep 2019
NYC
lol, so would you be offended if I said I wasn't shocked a democrat governerer in nj would go to rest stops for anonymous gay sex while married to his wife?

Taking the faults of an individual and applying it to the whole of the other tribe is partisan garbage, come on, you are better than this! ;)

So not surprised he is a democrat....

So not shocked he's a democrat.

See what I mean, one can go out on the internet, find a person who does some greasy shit, link it and say "look how bad that tribe is". it's not a good thread here.

Jul 2019
Georgia
lol, so would you be offended if I said I wasn't shocked a democrat governerer in nj would go to rest stops for anonymous gay sex while married to his wife?

Taking the faults of an individual and applying it to the whole of the other tribe is partisan garbage, come on, you are better than this! ;)

So not surprised he is a democrat....

So not shocked he's a democrat.

typical democrat...

See what I mean, one can go out on the internet, find a person who does some greasy shit, link it and say "look how bad that tribe is". it's not a good thread here.
I'm not shocked either.

Jul 2019
Georgia
The point being, it's a cheap shot and dishonest. go out and find the worst example of the other tribe and try to hang it like a noose around the whole tribes neck. That's wrong.
other tribe? what are we, the Plains Indians of the 1800's?

anywho, it wasn't even the worst example of the former Party of Morals and Values, it just popped up in my news feed. It just happened, the article is dated the 9th.

I see them pretty often so thought I'd start a thread. Feel free to post scandals from whatever "tribe" you want to. I never said Dems were squeaky clean, lol.

your tribalism thing is weird by the way. I've never been into identity politics like you, so it's hard for me to understand where you're coming from, sorry.

Reactions: leekohler2
Sep 2019
NYC
other tribe? what are we, the Plains Indians of the 1800's?

anywho, it wasn't even the worst example of the former Party of Morals and Values, it just popped up in my news feed. It just happened, the article is dated the 9th.

I see them pretty often so thought I'd start a thread. Feel free to post scandals from whatever "tribe" you want to. I never said Dems were squeaky clean, lol.

your tribalism thing is weird by the way. I've never been into identity politics like you, so it's hard for me to understand where you're coming from, sorry.

but that's just it, you are, here watch this....

If I were to direct one of my employees take a classified document that I received from a secure fax machine, remove the classification markings and email it via nonsecure chanels. Would I be guilty of a felony?

Reactions: Seneca
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I used to criticize @Clicker II for posting an article about an individual and titling the thread as if it applied to an entire party. It was dumb when he did it (haven't seen it in a long time) and it's dumb when you do it.

You can't point at one fuck-nut person and suggest that someone it applies to the whole "party of morals and values". I could easily find an Anthony Weiner or Al Franken article and make a argument about how Democrats are supposed to be the party of tolerance and acceptance. But that'd be a dumb argument just as this is.

Jul 2019
Georgia
but that's just it, you are, here watch this....

If I were to direct one of my employees take a classified document that I received from a secure fax machine, remove the classification markings and email it via nonsecure chanels. Would I be guilty of a felony?

I dunno

if you want to post links to dem thuggery be my guest though

I'm against all types of thuggery in politics, regardless of sports team.....er I mean "tribe"

cheers

Reactions: leekohler2
Sep 2019
NYC
I dunno

if you want to post links to dem thuggery be my guest though

I'm against all types of thuggery in politics, regardless of sports team.....er I mean "tribe"

cheers

Right, and I may do that, but I am not going to suggest they are a typical type of that particular party (tribe).... I use tribe to denote "Tribalism" which is what both the dems and repubs have turned into. Common sense, integrity, honor, has all gone out the window for "ride or die politics"...

Reactions: Gdjjr
Jul 2019
Georgia
I used to criticize @Clicker II for posting an article about an individual and titling the thread as if it applied to an entire party. It was dumb when he did it (haven't seen it in a long time) and it's dumb when you do it.

You can't point at one fuck-nut person and suggest that someone it applies to the whole "party of morals and values". I could easily find an Anthony Weiner or Al Franken article and make a argument about how Democrats are supposed to be the party of tolerance and acceptance. But that'd be a dumb argument just as this is.
the Republican Party has touted themselves as the Party of Morals and Values.

I grew up in Georgia in the 90's and my dad was a Republican Politician who was also friends with Newt Gingrich and the clan that helped further realign the Republican Party in the South, and that was their catchphrase.

So I'm allowed to watch it fall apart. And enjoy watching it fall apart.

I'm not a democrat, and am aware they have some sketchballs too, and we're totally allowed to talk about that too.