Patriot

Sep 2019
Florida, USA
To start I have no political favorites. I feel I'm a good judge of character. I have one simple question. Would Republicans still be backing Trump as he is if he was a Democrat?
I think not. Backing someone because of party lines is as not American, it's childish at best. I would like to see reporters pose that question to all Republicans in office, and
demand a simple answer. This isn't about whats good for America, it's about whats good for them personally. Let's all grow up and heal this Country, or we just might lose it!

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Here's one thing I've said for awhile that I hope people on the left agree with. If and when a democrat is sitting in the white house again, I hope all media outlets treat said democrat as viciously as Trump. Don't get me wrong, Trump deserves the harsh criticisms he's received. But most media outlets treated Obama with kid gloves and I hope they don't do the same with the next democratic president.

Reactions: LTP
Sep 2019
Florida, USA
The media isn't meant to be quiet. When it is we won't have a democracy anymore. Dictators shut everything down. We don't need a ruler we need a system that functions. Do we need change? Most definitely! With the inception of transparency from individuals and media coverage, hopefully we won't go down
the road blindly. The presidency is becoming a figurehead at best. Like a King. We can't put all of our hopes in one person, and no appointed official should be granted for life, like a Supreme Court Justice. No power should be overwhelming and unquestioned!

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
To start I have no political favorites. I feel I'm a good judge of character. I have one simple question. Would Republicans still be backing Trump as he is if he was a Democrat?
I think not. Backing someone because of party lines is as not American, it's childish at best. I would like to see reporters pose that question to all Republicans in office, and
demand a simple answer. This isn't about whats good for America, it's about whats good for them personally. Let's all grow up and heal this Country, or we just might lose it!
Good points, and I'd say we're not only in danger of losing our country, we are in danger of losing our planet. From dying oceans to ubiquitous microplastics, from plummeting populations of birds, bees, and phytoplankton to the rise of drug-resistant pathogens, from shrinking aquifers to growing numbers of 500-year floods, humankind had better owe up to our role in all this ... yesterday would have been better than today, but today is better than tomorrow..

However, the US presently has abdicated its natural role as leader, forsaken efforts to hand off to our children a world healing from relentless exploitation driven by the love of money. Today, as in centuries past, the common good of all life daily is sacrificed upon the altar of the pursuit of materialistic wealth.

Presently, it's called MAGA.

Welcome to DTT. :)

May 2018
USA
Here's one thing I've said for awhile that I hope people on the left agree with. If and when a democrat is sitting in the white house again, I hope all media outlets treat said democrat as viciously as Trump. Don't get me wrong, Trump deserves the harsh criticisms he's received. But most media outlets treated Obama with kid gloves and I hope they don't do the same with the next democratic president.
The problem is this: the media ISN'T being unfair to Trump, they are simply reporting what he actually says and does. He's the POTUS, an important figure, and the media hangs on his every word (as they should). Trump doesn't like people calling out his imbecility, his incompetence, etc, so he calls it all "fake news" and claims everybody in the world is conspiring against him. He's a pathetic, stupid, deluded weakling who has surrounded himself by bootlickers like Pence because he cannot stand being contradicted, ESPECIALLY when he's wrong. Loyalty to country means NOTHING to Trump (look how he's betrayed it), loyalty to HIM is the only thing that matters.

Lest you forget, the "conservative media" was quite hateful to Obama his entire time in office. Fox News spread lies about him on an almost daily basis. That's not even counting the radio stations owned by ClearChannel that were saying Obama was a dictator, a foreign usurper, etc.

Last edited:
May 2018
USA
Good points, and I'd say we're not only in danger of losing our country, we are in danger of losing our planet. From dying oceans to ubiquitous microplastics, from plummeting populations of birds, bees, and phytoplankton to the rise of drug-resistant pathogens, from shrinking aquifers to growing numbers of 500-year floods, humankind had better owe up to our role in all this ... yesterday would have been better than today, but today is better than tomorrow..

However, the US presently has abdicated its natural role as leader, forsaken efforts to hand off to our children a world healing from relentless exploitation driven by the love of money. Today, as in centuries past, the common good of all life daily is sacrificed upon the altar of the pursuit of materialistic wealth.

May 2018
USA
`

Some of the scenarios are a little hyperbolic, nonetheless humankind's energies should be directed towards survival rather than accumulating stuff.
For the record I think we'll croak off thanks to the Easter Island scenario, writ large on the world stage. Dwindling resources, overpopulation, and we'll basically starve off. Each successive generation will be more deprived than those before it, In the end humanity will resort to extremes to survive, including widescale slaughter/cannibalism. But it'll be too late. All the "food" species will be long gone by then. Plants will have to pollinated by hand, otherwise plants won't grow. It's going to be literally Hell on Earth.

I'm glad I won't be around to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if humans weren't forced to dig up their dead for food within a hundred years or so. Maybe my bones will be ground up to make some sort of puree. Ick.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
For the record I think we'll croak off thanks to the Easter Island scenario, writ large on the world stage.

I'm glad I won't be around to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if humans weren't forced to dig up their dead for food within a hundred years or so.
GM, that's an unhinged and ridiculous as well as scientifically false prediction.

Mar 2017
Massachusetts

And the years before it was called "Hope", wrapped in red white and blue no different than any MAGA sticker.

It isn't whataboutism, it's reality. No man will ever save us. Only by destroying what has passed can we build tomorrow. The reason Trump is in office is because there are people who recognized that fact. But people see and hear what they like. And that impedes true change more than any politician ever could.