Patriotic Descent

Sep 2019
Here
Love this. A patriotic soldiers descent.

For the "shallow minded," please pay attention to what's being said, instead of who's reporting it.

I'm looking at you @Hugh Jasshole

Jul 2019
Georgia
RT is Russian-government-sponsored State propaganda

you're not really promoting the whole "Gabbard isn't a russian asset" thing by posting Russian State-sponsored propaganda that endorses her and bashes Clinton

in fact, you're furthering the point

and no I'm not going to watch the video. I don't give Russian State-sponsored propaganda clicks. At this point in time, knowing what we know about Russia's/Putin's attacks on us, why would any American?

Last edited:
Sep 2019
Here

you're not really promoting the whole "Gabbard isn't a russian asset" thing by posting Russian State-sponsored propaganda that endorses her and bashes Clinton

and no I'm not going to watch the video. I don't give Russian State-sponsored propaganda clicks. At this point in time, knowing what we know about Russia's/Putin's attacks on us, why would any American?
Ok, so don't watch a veteran (not Tulsi) explain why he changed his mind about the wars.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Ok, so don't watch a veteran (not Tulsi) explain why he changed his mind about the wars.
Consider: Putin absolutely would not allow a US news agency based in Russia to air a program about Russia's wars in Georgia and Ukraine.

I think sometimes the source indeed does matter.

Reactions: se7en

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
On the other hand, it's good to see people speaking out against the wars. I organized vigils against the Iraq invasion in 2002. One of them still holds a meeting at a local park every Friday at noon.

Reactions: se7en
Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon

Have you ever watched RT? Makes me wonder when people are so closed minded about things they have no understanding of. Or maybe you just think Jesse Ventura, Larry King, etc., are communists lying to you. But then, what do you do with Veterans who have fought in the wars dissenting against war? Vietnam Veterans for example, or:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Have you ever watched RT? Makes me wonder when people are so closed minded about things they have no understanding of. Or maybe you just think Jesse Ventura, Larry King, etc., are communists lying to you. But then, what do you do with Veterans who have fought in the wars dissenting against war? Vietnam Veterans for example, or:

I watched RT for a long time. I served on a local recreation district board that provides over the air TV signals to the nooks and crannies of this mountainous area in which I live. In 2007 or 2008, I pushed for RT to be one of the downlinked channels offered over the district's translator TV system.

So yes, I'm familiar with RT. At times, I think Jesse makes good sense. I worked for the Ron Paul campaign in 2008 and 2012. I consider it a real pity Paul was not elected president.

In 2010 I met a lovely Russian-born woman whose family had moved from Moscow to Kiev in 1959, when she was seven years old. We subsequently fell in love and married. I spent about six months in Kiev and about a month in St. Petersburg where some of her family now live.

I like Ukrainians and they like me. I was on the streets of Kiev for Euro 2012, the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship. I felt the excitement of the Ukrainians who looked eagerly to Ukraine's becoming a member of the EU and relished the idea of putting more distance between Ukraine and Russia. I never had experienced the sheer number of nationalities singing and partying together on Kiev's main avenue, Khreshchatyk Street, as I experienced during Euro 2012.

I brought my wife to the US in December 2012. The process of Ukraine's becoming an EU member was proceeding steadily, even under the presidency of Putin's ally Yanukovych. On the eve of the EU-Ukraine association agreement signing, and after a private meeting with Putin, Yanukovych balked. He then proposed an agreement between the EU and the Russia-dominated Commonwealth of Independent States, i.e., the Soviet Union Lite.

Much more remains to be told here, but cutting to the chase, the majority of Ukrainians rejected this proposal, a revolution occurred, Yanukovych fled the country, and to prevent EU membership Russia spread lies about the upcoming cleansing of Russian speakers and Jews by the nazis in Kiev. Russia armed "rebels" in the eastern oblasts of Donetsk and Lugansk, sent Russian provocateurs to the regions, instigated takeovers of local governments and public facilities, and finally sent troops and heavy weaponry into eastern Ukraine.

Ever since then, Russian state TV has been fighting a Cold War with the West in general and the US in particular. So yes, dammit, I choose not to watch Russian state TV commentaries on our country. Piss on them. They fucked my adopted country. Fuck them.

Old Trapper: Makes me wonder when people are so closed minded about things they have no understanding of.

I hope I cleared that up for you. I'm sick to death of all the two-bit wars our nation has fought, and I've protested them all. I don't need any g-----n Russian propaganda to fill in any gaps for me. Do you?

Last edited: