Paul Manafort's new indictment

Dec 2015
Arizona
I'm not sure about the timing but at least one reporter speculated that the reason Trump wants so desperately to win in 2020 is that a lot of the things he can be charged with by the state of NY will have reached their statute of limitations date. And it is just assumed that they wouldn't indict him while president.

Now that's incentive.
Hmmmm......well...if you've got really good attorneys (and Trump probably does--although Rudy is questionable) I suppose that COULD be Trump's strategy, but even if Trump decides to run, which postpones his day in court, I'm betting on the state of New York being smarter.
Trump will not win in 2020 and that decision will be final November 3, 2020. If the state prosecutors wait, they can file on November 4th OR they can file charges leading UP to the election because New York's Statue of LImitations for fraud is SIX YEARS.
New York Civil Statute of Limitations Laws - FindLaw

Also from Attorney IO:
If he is not re-elected, Mr. Trump’s term will end on January 20, 2021. This leaves only one short year of malfeasance subject to indictment post-term. A comprehensive timeline of related events by Politico starts back in 2013. If Mr. Mueller wishes to indict based on conduct that transpired earlier in the campaign, he may need to do so rapidly.

Let's see who is smarter. :cool:

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Hmmmm......well...if you've got really good attorneys (and Trump probably does--although Rudy is questionable) I suppose that COULD be Trump's strategy, but even if Trump decides to run, which postpones his day in court, I'm betting on the state of New York being smarter.
Trump will not win in 2020 and that decision will be final November 3, 2020. If the state prosecutors wait, they can file on November 4th OR they can file charges leading UP to the election because New York's Statue of LImitations for fraud is SIX YEARS.
New York Civil Statute of Limitations Laws - FindLaw

Also from Attorney IO:
If he is not re-elected, Mr. Trump’s term will end on January 20, 2021. This leaves only one short year of malfeasance subject to indictment post-term. A comprehensive timeline of related events by Politico starts back in 2013. If Mr. Mueller wishes to indict based on conduct that transpired earlier in the campaign, he may need to do so rapidly.

Let's see who is smarter. :cool:
But my understanding is that some, if not many of the crimes being looked at predate his presidency.

Dec 2015
Arizona
But my understanding is that some, if not many of the crimes being looked at predate his presidency.

That may be true, but from what I have read white-collar crimes have their own SOLs. There are instances where the SOLs are extended. Not sure if that works in Trump's cases but I think we'll find out. I suspect that prosecutors KNOW for a fact that Trump and his attorneys will play a dirty game and pull out all the stops.
I hope they are prepared. At least we know they've had plenty of time to plot and plan.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I really find it hard to believe how far the american left has fallen. Look at some of this stuff. You guys have really gone off the deep end.