Pelosi and Schumer confirm they have no intention to stop the invasion at our border

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Just a saw a story on my local Fox channel. From the consumer electronics show. The government is CURRENTLY TESTING a Lidar based system on a drone platform that can identify almost ANYTHING moving on the ground. When it detects human activity it alerts the closest ICE agents and keeps tracking the intruder. The cost to deploy the system coast to coast is LESS THAN A BILLIONS DOLLARS !!!

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Just a saw a story on my local Fox channel. From the consumer electronics show. The government is CURRENTLY TESTING a Lidar based system on a drone platform that can identify almost ANYTHING moving on the ground. When it detects human activity it alerts the closest ICE agents and keeps tracking the intruder. The cost to deploy the system coast to coast is LESS THAN A BILLIONS DOLLARS !!!
Wonderful, how does it prevent illegals from crossing into the US? The purpose of border security is to stop illegal entry. Then there's always the experimental nature of such devices. Remember McNamara was going to stop traffic on the Ho Chi Minh trails too. Worked out real well didn't it?
There are a couple of gadgets on the border now and have been for over 25 yrs called aerostats. They are tethered blimp shaped balloons with radar and other sensor arrays. Their original intent was to detect low flying light aircraft that were coming over the border at night. An FAA inspector who worked at the Boeing facility in Yuma told me that the gadget detect them just fine. They were never able to catch them.
If you think it'll salve the liberals burning butts to install it to see if any illegals are getting thru the wall, go for it. Build the wall and then have the Lidar system to prove it doesn't work. After all it's just a rounding error in the budget ya know.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Wonderful, how does it prevent illegals from crossing into the US? The purpose of border security is to stop illegal entry. Then there's always the experimental nature of such devices. Remember McNamara was going to stop traffic on the Ho Chi Minh trails too. Worked out real well didn't it?
There are a couple of gadgets on the border now and have been for over 25 yrs called aerostats. They are tethered blimp shaped balloons with radar and other sensor arrays. Their original intent was to detect low flying light aircraft that were coming over the border at night. An FAA inspector who worked at the Boeing facility in Yuma told me that the gadget detect them just fine. They were never able to catch them.
If you think it'll salve the liberals burning butts to install it to see if any illegals are getting thru the wall, go for it. Build the wall and then have the Lidar system to prove it doesn't work. After all it's just a rounding error in the budget ya know.
you realize you just proved how stupid it is to spend billions of dollars on a wall, dont you?

:lol::lol::lol:

May 2018
USA
LOL...well you have to admit one thing: Trump certainly fooled the most gullible, dumbest morons in our population that we are "under attack".

I think the funniest figure I keep hearing is "11,000 criminals were arrested at the border last year!!!". Why...that's almost a whole whopping 2 per hour. How could a country with a tiny population like the USA (only 330 million folks) handle THAT MANY CRIMINALS coming into the country? Guess how many arrests there were in the USA last year?

Over 10 million. Oh my GOD...those arrest at the border pump up our crime rate by a whole whopping 0.1%. THE HUMANITY!! THE AGONY!!

Apr 2014
redacted
Here's the simple, no-wall-needed fix:

Make hiring illegal immigrants a major felony with punishing fines per employee, and ever more severe punishments for repeat offenders. In other words, drive the illegal-immigrant-hiring bastards out of business.

What's your explanation for the Republicans, who just held the Congress and the presidency, not doing this? How can not doing this be viewed as anything but encouraging the ongoing "invasion" of our southern and northern and eastern and western borders? When the hell will folks like you demand that your beloved Republican leaders do something, instead of repeating their lame excuse that it's all the Democrats' fault?
Works for me. Why haven't the Republicans proposed this? Why hasn't our President of the past 24 months even offered it as an idea? Why is the Federal government still sending money to sanctuary cities? The lame answer from the RWers is "It's the Democrats fault". Bullshit. If the Republicans controls the White House, the Senate, the House and the Supreme Court for two years and still can't get the job done, then it's time to replace them with someone who will.

Apr 2014
redacted
LOL...well you have to admit one thing: Trump certainly fooled the most gullible, dumbest morons in our population that we are "under attack".

I think the funniest figure I keep hearing is "11,000 criminals were arrested at the border last year!!!". Why...that's almost a whole whopping 2 per hour. How could a country with a tiny population like the USA (only 330 million folks) handle THAT MANY CRIMINALS coming into the country? Guess how many arrests there were in the USA last year?

Over 10 million. Oh my GOD...those arrest at the border pump up our crime rate by a whole whopping 0.1%. THE HUMANITY!! THE AGONY!!
My understanding is that the "11,000 criminals" were criminals because they crossed the border illegally, not because they were drug smugglers, gang members, etc.

May 2018
USA
My understanding is that the "11,000 criminals" were criminals because they crossed the border illegally, not because they were drug smugglers, gang members, etc.
That was my belief as well, but I wanted to show that even if they were "real" criminals that they aren't even a drop in the bucket of American crime.