Pelosi and Schumer confirm they have no intention to stop the invasion at our border

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Wonderful, how does it prevent illegals from crossing into the US? The purpose of border security is to stop illegal entry. .....
A wall will stop individuals but not the cartels, terrorists and coyotes who have "boat technology" or "ladder technology". A better solution is to make it illegal to hire or harbor illegals punishable by jail time, say 3 months for the first offense with 3 month increments added on for subsequent offenses. Why haven't the Republicans offered to do this? Because they don't want to solve the problem; too much money being made off of "slave labor".

Dec 2015
Arizona
LOL...well you have to admit one thing: Trump certainly fooled the most gullible, dumbest morons in our population that we are "under attack".

I think the funniest figure I keep hearing is "11,000 criminals were arrested at the border last year!!!". Why...that's almost a whole whopping 2 per hour. How could a country with a tiny population like the USA (only 330 million folks) handle THAT MANY CRIMINALS coming into the country? Guess how many arrests there were in the USA last year?

Over 10 million. Oh my GOD...those arrest at the border pump up our crime rate by a whole whopping 0.1%. THE HUMANITY!! THE AGONY!!

As MOST of us know, Trump uses a particular vernacular. After his speech was fact-checked EVERY single media outlet staggered through the MIRE of distortions, out-and-out lies and exaggerations. As expected--there were plenty to check.

Fact check: Trump’s speech on border ‘crisis’

May 2018
USA
Here's the simple, no-wall-needed fix:

Make hiring illegal immigrants a major felony with punishing fines per employee, and ever more severe punishments for repeat offenders. In other words, drive the illegal-immigrant-hiring bastards out of business.

What's your explanation for the Republicans, who just held the Congress and the presidency, not doing this? How can not doing this be viewed as anything but encouraging the ongoing "invasion" of our southern and northern and eastern and western borders? When the hell will folks like you demand that your beloved Republican leaders do something, instead of repeating their lame excuse that it's all the Democrats' fault?
That's what I've been pushing for year: draconian penalties on businesses caught employing illegal aliens. The fact the GOP has never addressed the issue when they have both House/Senate/Trump shows what we all know: they don't really give a damn about illegal aliens.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
That's what I've been pushing for year: draconian penalties on businesses caught employing illegal aliens. The fact the GOP has never addressed the issue when they have both House/Senate/Trump shows what we all know: they don't really give a damn about illegal aliens.
Write a letter, start a campaign to make that a mandatory condition of allowing the wall. I bet the ol Trumpster will go for that. I actually did send a e-mail to my congress critters suggesting that two years along with a few others. In fact I bet that if the dynamic duo were to request a meeting with Trump, outline in presentation style their "demands" that will allow the wall and negotiate in good faith over it the crew will be back to work in less that a week after the meeting. OBTW I would like a transcript of that process to be public. When Trump asked Pelosi if she would approve the money he asks for if he opened the border today she simply said NO. Discussion over. What did she expect to happen? The govt remains closed. What did she want? The govt to remain closed. It appears that the libs plan was hatched when they won the House. They put off everything till they actually took control and then dug in with premeditated purpose to kill the idea of a wall forever no matter what it took. No matter the damage. They don't care, they have two years for their short attention span constituents to recover.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Wonderful, how does it prevent illegals from crossing into the US? The purpose of border security is to stop illegal entry. Then there's always the experimental nature of such devices. Remember McNamara was going to stop traffic on the Ho Chi Minh trails too. Worked out real well didn't it?
There are a couple of gadgets on the border now and have been for over 25 yrs called aerostats. They are tethered blimp shaped balloons with radar and other sensor arrays. Their original intent was to detect low flying light aircraft that were coming over the border at night. An FAA inspector who worked at the Boeing facility in Yuma told me that the gadget detect them just fine. They were never able to catch them.
If you think it'll salve the liberals burning butts to install it to see if any illegals are getting thru the wall, go for it. Build the wall and then have the Lidar system to prove it doesn't work. After all it's just a rounding error in the budget ya know.
Can you think of the difference between a low flying airplane and a person on foot?
Is it possible that having the position of a person on foot, makes that person easier to pick up than a low flying airplane?
How do you want to pay for the wall.
Apparently Mexico has declined to pick up the tab. Trump now insists that he never said Mexico would pay for the wall, I wonder where people got that idea.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
A wall will stop individuals but not the cartels, terrorists and coyotes who have "boat technology" or "ladder technology". A better solution is to make it illegal to hire or harbor illegals punishable by jail time, say 3 months for the first offense with 3 month increments added on for subsequent offenses. Why haven't the Republicans offered to do this? Because they don't want to solve the problem; too much money being made off of "slave labor".
I you understood the logistics of border protection like the people who actually protect it you wouldn't post such uninformed nonsolutions as ladder tech etc.
What the people who are doing the job want is a wall, AKA barrier. That combined with the "tech" systems ala McNamaras failed idea can work and the border agencies tell us that. It's best described as a system. We all know that systems don't work if a component is missing. Since you want to make comparisons with the military try this. In days gone by, way by, right up to today the defense of fixed objects has been barriers. They present a delaying and detecting system for the prevention of incursions the size and type of which is determined by the design of the barrier. No barrier presents no deterrent to those approaching. A plowed wide strip of land provides evidence that someone did cross the line. A revetment or wall provides an obstacle to those approaching which has a deterrent effect albeit minor to the determined. A barrier, the type and size determined by location and planned response combined with the "tech" that libs think can be most effective Is likely the best cost effective system to put in place. Even the "tin foil curtain" in place on the border in San Diego provided enough effect to allow the repulsion of the "invaders". It is a surplus sheet metal fence that can be easy to peel open at its seams. If there had been a real barrier there would have been far less need to repel the mob. If there were a sophisticated system in place there I don't think there would have been a need for repulsion at all. There is also need to design a wall/tech system that will require minimal attendance by border agents. The aforementioned in other posts of a lidar detection system might provide that ability. It is in general use as a mapping tool and its use as a incursion detection system is questionable. The ability to detect people approaching the barrier and the barriers design ability to stop or slow their entry into the country will allow the response of assets to prevent any breeching of it.
That is doable but the real question is do the Dems have it in their "grand plan" to stop illegal entry at all. At the moment that answer seems to be NO.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
... the real question is do the Dems have it in their "grand plan" to stop illegal entry at all. At the moment that answer seems to be NO.
What an absolutely ridiculous thing to write.

Pure political rhetorical horseshit.

You would have to be RETARDED if you thought the Speaker of the House and the Democratic National Party had no opposition to illegal entry into the country. Not just uneducated and ignorant and stupid, but completely and totally mentally handicapped.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Recon Marines spent lots of time using people and detecting the low flying aircraft as "practice" for stealth operations. None of the systems in place until recently can detect people crossing the border in most places. Even then they're really only effective in very low density pop areas.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
What an absolutely ridiculous thing to write.

Pure political rhetorical horseshit.

You would have to be RETARDED if you thought the Speaker of the House and the Democratic National Party had no opposition to illegal entry into the country. Not just uneducated and ignorant and stupid, but completely and totally mentally handicapped.
Merely stating the obvious. When someone opposes something absolutely the way the Pelosi and Shumers are that's the most likely reason for it. The reason why they oppose border security is less so. Stating the obvious is a fave tool of the libs here and anywhere else we see them. I'm surprised that you'd object so profanely. But then that's what libs do these days when confronted by the truth.

Last edited: