Pelosi encourages illegals to buy guns.

Nov 2005
California
I've lost track of the count of the reasons why I despise Pelosi.
I'll just label this example as n+1 ... :rolleyes:

On Thursday, in a press briefing, as Pelosi was being asked about the Democrats’ response to the anti-Semitic remarks of Rep. Ilhan Omar, a reporter asked about H.R. 1, querying: “There was some concern about motions to recommit which your side has had. "I know how important H.R. 1 is to your side, and that if you didn’t address this right away, that that could be the motion to recommit and try to undercut what happened with the firearms bill last week and so on and so forth. "So, was that part of the decision to go ahead at this point and get this done?”

Pelosi answered, “No.”

Pelosi said:"No, no. The Republicans will never fail to have their xenophobic motions to recommit as they did last week. "It doesn’t matter whether we have a resolution or not. So this has nothing to do with that. "This has to do with (Long pause) I see everything as an opportunity. "This is an opportunity once again (shaking her fist) to declare strong as possible opposition to anti-Semitism, anti-Muslim statements, white supremist (sic) attitudes, the president may think there are good people on both sides, we don’t share that view. "So it has nothing to do with that. "However, I do grant you that the Republicans will try to put these kinds of statements in their motions to recommit, but that’s housekeeping. "That’s not a policy."​

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
The title of this thread and the article is inaccurate. Republicans want to add a portion of the bill that says any gun seller must report to ice whenever an illegal immigrant purchases attempts to make a gun purchase. She did not encourage illegals to buy guns as the title suggests. And she did not say a bill that prevents illegal immigrants from purchasing guns was xenophobic, as the title of the article says.

Apr 2014
redacted
The title of this thread and the article is inaccurate. Republicans want to add a portion of the bill that says any gun seller must report to ice whenever an illegal immigrant purchases attempts to make a gun purchase. She did not encourage illegals to buy guns as the title suggests. And she did not say a bill that prevents illegal immigrants from purchasing guns was xenophobic, as the title of the article says.
Awww, now you went and messed up his Trump-like rant (Trump-like means false statements, twisted truths and bald-faced lies). :)

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
There’s a big difference between banning illegal residents from owning guns and banning citizens from owning guns.
But that's how the Nazis deprived the Jews of guns, while relaxing gun controls for Christian Germans

Apr 2014
redacted
But that's how the Nazis deprived the Jews of guns, while relaxing gun controls for Christian Germans
The German Jews were citizens. Not an Apples to Oranges comparison. If some RWNJ posted that all Muslims should be deprived of guns, then you’d have a direct comparison but we’re talking about illegals here. Where we should really be doing is passing and enforcing laws making it illegal to hire, support, rent to or otherwise encourage illegals to come to and/or stay in the US illegally.