Pelosi encourages illegals to buy guns.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I would actually take that a step further. I would want the company/software performing the background check to automatically generate am email to ICE when an illegal is flagged in the system. I don't believe that it is a good idea to let them buy guns in the first place. It creates an officer safety issue, should they be picked up.
I'd be in favor of this along with universal background checks so all sales and all transactions of any firearms. I'd also make it a felony for exchanging a firearm without going through a federal background check.

Both sides win

Apr 2014
Heart of America
I'd be in favor of this along with universal background checks so all sales and all transactions of any firearms. I'd also make it a felony for exchanging a firearm without going through a federal background check.

Both sides win
Translation: A father can't let his 16 year old son shoot the father's single-shot .22 without breaking Federal law and facing years in prison.

Dude, authoritarians just loooooove banning things and putting people in jail. Why don't we just pass a law saying "Hurt someone, go to jail"?

Apr 2014
Heart of America
The objective evidence is rather clear that the Right has the greatest appeal to White Nationalists, Neo-nazis, and those with extreme reactionary views. No real shock there. Xenophobia, nationalism, paranoia and anger management all characterize many in the pro-gun advocacy so it does not take much to connect the dots.
QED. Thank you for providing additional evidence.

Feb 2007
New York

Both sides win
I just took a minute to look up the Gun Control Act of 1968. It is ALREADY illegal for a person not in the country legally to possess a firearm so buying one would also be illegal.

Feb 2007
New York
Translation: A father can't let his 16 year old son shoot the father's single-shot .22 without breaking Federal law and facing years in prison.

Dude, authoritarians just loooooove banning things and putting people in jail. Why don't we just pass a law saying "Hurt someone, go to jail"?

The gun would not be changing ownership in a case like this. Pretty much all states allow young people to learn/practing shooting in a controlled environment like a shooting range with parents and/or instructors. Pretty much NO state allows anyone under 18 to legally own a handgun; a shotgun, yes, but not a handguns.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I just took a minute to look up the Gun Control Act of 1968. It is ALREADY illegal for a person not in the country legally to possess a firearm so buying one would also be illegal.
But it's perfectly legal for someone to buy a gun and give it to someone as a gift. If you'd be in favor of ICE being notified of an attempted purchase of a firearm, I'd be in favor of making it a felony for anyone to have a firearm without have a background check performed.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Translation: A father can't let his 16 year old son shoot the father's single-shot .22 without breaking Federal law and facing years in prison. ~snip~
With that post you're definitely in the running for DTT's Most Hyperbolic Post for March, presently. Good job!!

Dec 2018
Wisconsin

If you'd like to use a firearm, get a background check. Just like if you want to drive a car, get a license.

Not complicated

Jul 2014
massachusetts
There’s a big difference between banning illegal residents from owning guns and banning citizens from owning guns.
Is that in the Second Amendment?
I'm just looking at the words, and it seems like they want the regulated militia to be able to own weapons....

Apr 2014
Heart of America
With that post you're definitely in the running for DTT's Most Hyperbolic Post for March, presently. Good job!!
Strongly disagreed but thanks for the personal attack. IIRC, in California, if a father lets a son shoot his gun without a background check it is considered an "illegal transfer" and it's exactly what was proposed here:

Both sides win