People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views, study finds

Apr 2019
America
None of that is in dispute. There is no confusion about that.

I challenged you with the following:
What "source" have you provided in this thread?​
What "fact"?​
You claim to be using things that you clearly do not.​

To help you out with English comprehension, "provided" => PAST TENSE.
As I stated, the truthful answer to my challenge would be to say that you have provided no sources and no facts.
Instead, you responded by providing a brand new "source" which gave AN OPINION.

Again, although you will again refuse to respond to what is actually said, you obfuscated what I said.
You did try to tie it into something previously said, but as I pointed out in that earlier exchange you were clearly taking statements out of context in an attempt to derail the discussion even further.
Then shouldn't you stop encouraging me? And PC in context is exactly what I said it was. Please do not reply.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
This thread calls to mind the John Stuart Mill comment:

Quote by John Stuart Mill: “Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but m...”

“Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives...
I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it….

Nov 2005
California
Then shouldn't you stop encouraging me?
Again, if you see my responses as "encouragement" for you to continue what you are doing, then you are delusional.
The reality is my responses are your excuse for you to do as you please.

And PC in context is exactly what I said it was. Please do not reply.
ROFLMAO!!!
"PC in context" ???
In context OF WHAT? Itself?

I am talking about how I and the other poster were discussing PC within a specific context.
You responded and the only thing you did was respond to one word, "PC". You threw the rest of the context out the window.

You said you responded to post #89.
Here is what I said about PC in post #89.
How is "the ability to identify and manage one's own emotions, as well as the emotions of others" a "politically correctness" thing?
Do you lack that capability within yourself and you ignorantly dismiss the capability of others to do what you can't do for yourself?

Everything you say is just a thinly veiled excuse that arrives at your obvious intent. You are simply looking for an excuse to dismiss the reality around you.
You can't address facts or reason or points of argument, so you habitually misrepresent and lay out bad excuses for your desired conclusion.
The only thing you responded to was the word "PC".
That's it. You ignored absolutely everything else I was talking about.

Please do not reply.
Yet another poster who wants to be able to respond to my posts but doesn't want me to respond to theirs... :rolleyes:

Nov 2005
California
Men should acknowledge the concept of being responsible for managing their own emotions (as all humans should).
I Do
It's Called "Reason" Over The "Irrational (Emotions)"
Then why in post #60 did you say: "There's No Such Thing As Emotional Intelligence"?

You now state that you can implement emotional intelligence, but earlier you said emotional intelligence does not exist?

Or did you just not know what the term meant as you were declaring it did not exist?

Apr 2019
America
ROFLMAO!!!
"PC in context" ???
In context OF WHAT? Itself?
In context with the phrase "emotional intelligence" And an evaluation of it by Leftists as it is written in stone. Controlling the language to gives you an advantage. All you are talking about is something there is little we can do anything about human nature being what is. Attaching it to the Right in your terms, your phraseology, is manipulation. Another thing to make the Right inferior to the Left which is the desired effect.

Jul 2019
Georgia
In context with the phrase "emotional intelligence" And an evaluation of it by Leftists as it is written in stone. Controlling the language to gives you an advantage. All you are talking about is something there is little we can do anything about human nature being what is. Attaching it to the Right in your terms, your phraseology, is manipulation. Another thing to make the Right inferior to the Left which is the desired effect.
"constant feeling of victimization" is probably also a sign of weak emotional intelligence

Jul 2019
Georgia
That is what the Left instills in every minority it runs across. Funny you would mention that. They, the Left, do very will with guilt too.
I have zero guilt about whiny white fragility. It's just sad.

I'm a straight white male by the way, and I look down on straight white males who constantly claim victimhood. You're making the rest of us look bad.

Apr 2019
America
I have zero guilt about whiny white fragility. It's just sad.

I'm a straight white male by the way, and I look down on straight white males who constantly claim victimhood. You're making the rest of us look bad.
Where does white come into this? Does the word "minority" trigger your guilt? You are projecting and what makes you think you ever looked good?