People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views, study finds

Nov 2005
California
pfft. Look it up, I'm not your secretary.
First off, I did look it up. I found not one iota of evidence to your claim except for some lame propagandic book.

Thus, I challenge you to prove your own claim. But you can't, cause you know it's a lie. And that's why you demand others waste their time researching something you can't provide evidence for.

Aug 2018
been around
^ Not gonna work. nanner-nanner lol

I found it within 30 seconds of looking it up, maybe sharpen your skills a bit old chum.

Nov 2005
California
^ Not gonna work. nanner-nanner lol
I found it within 30 seconds of looking it up, maybe sharpen your skills a bit old chum.
:rolleyes:
People on the right who act like proving their claims is somehow beneath them crack me up. You guys come off as the least credible because you are never providing evidence of your claims and instead just demand others either believe you or demand others do work to prove you right.

Like I said, I easily found a propaganda book but that means absolutely nothing. Anybody could write a book that calls Trump a crack-whore, but that doesn't make it true.
After filtering out those google hits, there was nothing remaining which solidified the actual claim being made here (i.e. inter-war years progressivism was known as ‘liberal fascism’)

And the even more amusing thing is this...
At this stage, you could easily provide your proof and prove me wrong.
But instead, you just want to pretend that your evidence is easily found and everybody should just believe you...

Like I said => it makes you seem less credible to toss out bad bluffs like that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Clara007
Aug 2018
been around
^ Nope. I just don't prove claims to you. We've been through this before, almost verbatim. I'm surprised you don't remember.

Sep 2017
Houston TX
The title says: People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views, study finds
Note. It does not say "it is correlated with the right wing"

It is logical to understand that right wing views are correlated with the right wing.
Or do you object to that assessment?
That statement (“People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views")can only be true if there is a positive correlation between having lower EI and holding RW views. So yes, the title claims that the study shows a correlation between having lower EI and holding RW views. The title is bogus.

Aug 2019
De Congo
Funny how the NWO brainwashed Leftists dispute the validity of 100 years worth of very cleverly designed and administered IQ testing ..but are gobbling up this "emotional intelligence" study like flies on shit.
Listen up Girls....you can't have it both ways.

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
Some of your posts are certainly amusing. You want to be like Europe? Honestly? How many of you have lived in Europe, because thanks to the European Union we’ve had liberal fascists running it for decades and it’s a hell hole! Not only have we had the highest third-world immigration in history, we’ve also got the highest emigration rates. The indigenous populations are flooding out of Europe. Is this what you want, because this isn’t some kind of Hollywood film with actors or a right wing conspiracy, this is a documentary. Go on, watch even if just for a few minutes and see the results of your brave new world, because we’ve had nearly a quarter of a century of it, not just eight years.

Yes, there are some things which we won’t give up, such as the UK National Health Service which stops the ravages of privatized laissez-faire capitalism on our health, but don’t wish for a the kind of liberal fascism we have in Europe because we’ve been under it for a lot longer than you. Are you aware that online criticism of multiculturalism is a criminal offence in Sweden? So is home schooling in Germany and in the UK it’s a criminal offence under the Public Law and Order Act to say anything in public that might offend anyone within their sight or hearing. Not many Americans know that, but this man soon found out and he’s by no means the first, or the last. Preaching the Bible in the streets is now a serious offence and warrants a 999 call (you’re 911). This is a regular occurrence in the UK.

You think we don’t have no-go areas here, or large sections of the population on a minimum wage, or people living on the streets? That there’s no poverty and we’re all jumping up and down in excitement in our ‘utopia?’ There’s a huge backlash in Europe against liberal fascism.

Let me say this. I know that many of you are young, well young relative to me and that comes across in what you say and the liberal sound bites you mistake for debate. I’m not being sarcastic, I genuinely feel sorry for you. I’ve seen it before elsewhere and I know what they’ve done to you and how they did it. Many of you here are going to have a very hard life because off a forum and in the real world you won’t survive reality for long and you’ll become bitter and angry people.

I’m thinking here of Lloyd who thinks everything in the world is a right-wing conspiracy, or poor Clara. Here’s some news for you Clara. If they ever let you near a classroom, after your first lesson you’ll be talking to yourself because you’ll have offended every person there and ignored them. Overall, you are generally immature young people, full of entitlement rights, with no life experience and it shows. :)

Reactions: coldjoint
Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
But back on topic :). IQ has a long history, but what it showed and which was accepted fact for many years is that it contained a racial aspect. Generally and there are individual exceptions, Asians were found to have the highest IQ levels, followed by Caucasians and lastly Africans, which means genetics came into play. On the other hand, liberals believe that behaviour is entirely the result of culture and as culture is learned, it can also be unlearned. Hence multiculturalism and the belief that by mixing races the negative aspects will disappear and populations will dissolve into a mass, or cultureless blob of humanity.

A few words on culture and you can also use the terms identity, belonging, or roots. There is no such thing as a ‘citizen of the world.’ We are all products of our upbringing and culture which is why cultures in other countries are different to ours. It’s called diversity and although we’re different we may get along, but we don’t mix well and why the liberal agenda had to force mass-immigration onto western populations and it wasn’t by choice. You can’t remove culture from an individual or from society, which includes all the learned and shared values and norms, it would be similar in trying to produce a blank slate by erasing individual and collective memories. It was already repeatedly tried in the 20th century and it didn’t work then either.

But I digress. Enter EM in place of IQ which is a liberal construct. As liberals use beliefs based on feelings and emotions, it is assumed that sympathy and empathy will become the new intelligence criteria. In other words, the more empathetic you become, the more intelligent that makes you. It’s the new liberal intelligence; it’s nonsense and doesn’t exist in the real world.

Do I hear the usual cries of ‘right-wing’ and ‘projection?’ This isn’t from Google, its basic social and political science knowledge. It’s so basic I can write this over a cup of tea and some of you even have trouble understanding it. Don’t kid yourselves, this isn’t even undergraduate university level, it’s something that is common knowledge to a 16/17 age group outside America. :)

Reactions: Violent Chimp
Feb 2014
Oregon
You are making an assumption that is both logically and mathematically false. Just because one variable (like low emotional intelligence) is correlated with a combination of other variables (like right-wing, authoritarianism, and social dominance orientation), it does not mean that it is also correlated with the individual variables. A good example would be the recent news on sexual orientation and genetics. Homosexuality is apparently correlated with some combination of genes, but not individually correlated with any particular gene.

So, if the only thing the data shows is that emotional intelligence is correlated with “a measure of right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation,” there is no basis to state that it is correlated with the right wing. The title is bogus.
I suspect there is a correlation but for sure it is like the genes for homosexuality. I have a friend who loves Trump and thinks he is a good father for our country, and she is college-educated and emotionally sensitive. She did a prayer booth and gave homeless people food and the word of God. I can not understand why she is a strong Trump supporter, but after her family said she was not wanted at the Thanksgiving dinner, she has stopped talking about politics and religion. Thank goodness because I was close to never seeing her again.

There is a youtube of Evangelical women who love Trump as my friend does. If I were a social researcher, that is a phenomenon I would love to study. I suspect it is linked to the acceptance of war and belief one is fighting for the will of a God who favors them and just happens to want for them what they want and tied up in our ideas of our sexuality?

It is masculine to be aggressive right and feminine to submit to the lord. I may be way off base, but I am curious about it.