Pete Buttigieg was groomed under the roof of a father in love with communism

Dec 2016
Canada
Oh my lord,

This is a fantastic post

Karl Marx is still respected as an economist.
AND he should be! Because Karl Marx wrote Das Kapital more than 150 years ago, wherein he explained why capitalism goes through cycles of expansion and contraction and cannot maintain a steady equilibrium and just grow exponentially....as Alan Greenspan declare up until 2008, when he declared that the global recession requiring trillions of dollars of new money/debt be created to even provide a return to 2% annual growth "was a crisis that NOBODY could have foreseen!"
https://thenextrecession.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/cycles-in-capitalism.pdf

But Karl figured it out a century and a half ago, and why it is an economic system that will try to continue until it consumes everything available to generate more wealth!

Nov 2013
NM
During an INTERVIEW on NBC's "Meet the Press," Pete Buttigieg warned that "democratic capitalism" is "slipping away" from the U.S.

"America is a capitalist society. But it's got to be democratic capitalism. And that part's really important. And it's slipping away from us. In other words, when capitalism comes into tension with democracy, which is more important to you? I believe democracy is more important," he said.

The phrase “democratic capitalism” used by Pete Buttigier, is very telling and alarming, but a phrase one would expect to be used by someone whose father had a love affair with communism.

See Nothing to See Here! Pete Buttigieg’s Dad Was a Renowned Marxist

”The father of Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg was a Marxist professor who really, really liked the Communist Manifesto.

He dedicated much of his career to the work of Italian Communist Party founder Antonio Gramsci, an associate of Vladimir Lenin’s, The Washington Examiner reported.

Yep, Gramsci was present @ the creation of the Italian Communist Party in Jan. 1921. Unfortunately for the above underlined, Lenin was deathly ill by mid-1921 (he had surgery to remove bullets from an assassination attempt in April 1922 & his first stroke May 1922) , & Gramsci wasn't in the USSR until 1922. Did the two even meet? So in what sense was Gramsci an associate of Vladimir Lenin’s?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Good info you provide.

Also when buttgig said if there was a straight pill he could take he would i knew right then he is taking the piss.

That is on par with saying i do not like the way i am.

Something is off with the guy but he hides it in the closet.
I'm having difficulty telling the difference between him and Beto. Neither is very interesting to me so I really don't need to know anyway.

Mar 2019
Texas
I'm having difficulty telling the difference between him and Beto. Neither is very interesting to me so I really don't need to know anyway.
Beto is not a liar. He tells it how it is and this guy will bs you all day long.

That does not mean i agree with beto cause i do not on several issues but i can't stand liars.

When he said he would take a straight pill he was lying or he was lying when he claims he loves his dude.

Dec 2016
Canada
Yep, Gramsci was present @ the creation of the Italian Communist Party in Jan. 1921. Unfortunately for the above underlined, Lenin was deathly ill by mid-1921 (he had surgery to remove bullets from an assassination attempt in April 1922 & his first stroke May 1922) , & Gramsci wasn't in the USSR until 1922. Did the two even meet? So in what sense was Gramsci an associate of Vladimir Lenin’s?
Maybe it was on Glenn Beck's chalkboard.
It's amazing how the paranoid right connects "democratic capitalism" with communism! It doesn't matter if it's Nancy Pelosi's 'capitalism' or whatever spin this Buttigig is trying to put on capitalism ---- capitalism does not equal communism! You either have a capitalist economic system or a communist system/you can't be both!

Apr 2016
Florida
As usual, when idiocy like this thread shows up, one needs to check the source.

Independent Sentinel

Has this Media Source failed a fact check? LET US KNOW HERE.
Share:
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmailTumblrRedditLinkedInFlipboardGoogle BookmarksShare20
RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

=================

And as usual, these sources work so hard to twist the truth into hate they fail.

Buttigieg attracting praise from an unexpected audience — conservatives

The Washington Examiner last week published an article that labels Buttigieg’s father as “a Marxist professor” who, it implied, influenced the politics of his son.

Limbaugh picked up on the article, claiming Buttigieg grew up “learning Gramsci, Marx and Engels” instead of about the U.S. Founding Fathers, demurring from his relatively positive characterization of the mayor made just a few weeks prior.

“Keep an eye on the guy,” Limbaugh warned, “because he’s somebody that can make a lot of people think that he is what he isn’t.”

FYI: His father, an immigrant from Malta, an American citizen for 44 years, a professor for over forty years at Notre Dame, was an English professor who studied the life of an Italian Marxist and translated his works. That doesn't make him a Communist, nor does it make his son.

Pete Buttigieg’s Quiet Rebellion

for much of his life, Buttigieg has been giving those around him the impression of extreme promise. Both of his parents were professors at Notre Dame, and he grew up in South Bend, near the campus. His father, Joe, was a translator of the Italian Marxist theorist Antonio Gramsci and a scholar of James Joyce. His mother, Anne Montgomery, is a linguist.

May 2018
USA
Donald Trump was "groomed" by his KKK loving father, a corrupt businessman who was himself the son of a pimp. Donnie got all his business "know-how" from his pimp grandaddy through his clan loving Daddy.

Jul 2015
USA
It's amazing how the paranoid right connects "democratic capitalism" with communism!
What is amazing is the deflection from what is stated and pointed out in the OP which is factually based and has nothing to do with paranoia! .

It’s quite obvious when Pete talks about “democratic capitalism”, he certainly is not talking about a free market, free enterprise system and leaving the people free to pursue their own economic interests, and free of special preferences financed by confiscating the wages of labor which are then doled out by the hand of government to a privileged few.

In fact, Buttigieg is talking about a centrally controlled system in which democratically elected folks in government manage a centrally controlled economy, such as the failed Soviet Union’s planned economy ___ a system which left the people enslaved and destitute, while the elected planners lived large at the people’s expense.

JWK

The Federal Reserve System of 1913 and the Sixteenth Amendment, also of 1913, have provided the necessary tools to spread the evil tentacles of federal capitalism into almost every corner of our once free market, free enterprise system.

Nov 2013
NM

The Washington Examiner last week published an article that labels Buttigieg’s father as “a Marxist professor” who, it implied, influenced the politics of his son.

Limbaugh picked up on the article, claiming Buttigieg grew up “learning Gramsci, Marx and Engels” instead of about the U.S. Founding Fathers, demurring from his relatively positive characterization of the mayor made just a few weeks prior.

“Keep an eye on the guy,” Limbaugh warned, “because he’s somebody that can make a lot of people think that he is what he isn’t.”

FYI: His father, an immigrant from Malta, an American citizen for 44 years, a professor for over forty years at Notre Dame, was an English professor who studied the life of an Italian Marxist and translated his works. That doesn't make him a Communist, nor does it make his son.

Pete Buttigieg’s Quiet Rebellion

for much of his life, Buttigieg has been giving those around him the impression of extreme promise. Both of his parents were professors at Notre Dame, and he grew up in South Bend, near the campus. His father, Joe, was a translator of the Italian Marxist theorist Antonio Gramsci and a scholar of James Joyce. His mother, Anne Montgomery, is a linguist.
That's the University of Notre Dame, in northern Indiana, just in case anyone is confused. & Notre Dame is hardly a hotbed of Communism - Condi Rice studied there (area studies - Soviet & Russian), W Bush, Eisenhower, John McCone, Jimmy Carter, William F. Buckley, Condi Rice, VP Pence, etc. addressed the graduates.