Pete Buttigieg: who is Alfred E. Neuman? Really! You never heard the name before? 3 min. breakdown during a live Jimmy Dore Show

Dec 2016
Canada

Who is Alfred E. Neuman? Really, Pete! You don't know? No kids at school ever picked up a Mad Magazine or noticed one that had been lying around the house?

Yes, a better reply would have been: "What Me Worry."

Mad Magazine may not be so big now in the internet age like it was in the 60's and 70's, when it was about the only subversive antiwar publication that could get a regular spot on store shelves with the 'respectable' magazines and with the trashy tabloids at the supermarket checkouts, but there's no way he never heard of Mad or their mascot! The editors at Mad may have taken offense at his denial of their mascot (who was a real person in actual fact)

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

Who is Alfred E. Neuman? Really, Pete! You don't know? No kids at school ever picked up a Mad Magazine or noticed one that had been lying around the house?

Yes, a better reply would have been: "What Me Worry."

Mad Magazine may not be so big now in the internet age like it was in the 60's and 70's, when it was about the only subversive antiwar publication that could get a regular spot on store shelves with the 'respectable' magazines and with the trashy tabloids at the supermarket checkouts, but there's no way he never heard of Mad or their mascot! The editors at Mad may have taken offense at his denial of their mascot (who was a real person in actual fact)

Simply not funny.

Dec 2016
Canada
Nothing Trump says is funny, actually. The only funny part is in contemplating the low-IQ of the person who uttered it.
Trump has become Troll In Chief largely because...as Jimmy has said in other episodes, his stiff Republican and Democrat adversaries have no sense of humor, and since they are also narcissistic and insecure, they react in the worse way possible...just like Buttedge...a nervous smile and denial, and appealing to the obvious: Trump acts in an undignified manner for someone in high office. But, the times we live in tell me that this last, commonly uttered appeal falls on almost universal deaf ears outside of the rarified air of the Washington scene of politicians, lobbyists and all of their paid and unpaid flunkies!

As a result, I think Dore's prediction that the name will stick like glue like so many other nicknames have, and be drag on this latest offering by the Washington establishment for the rest of his political career. I don't know if he'll sink beneath the waves like "Low Energy Jeb," but the carefully packaged hype around the latest centrist Democrat offering will likely fall flat! In tough times, most people want more than symbolism and virtue signalling from their leaders!

May 2018
USA
Trump has become Troll In Chief largely because...as Jimmy has said in other episodes, his stiff Republican and Democrat adversaries have no sense of humor, and since they are also narcissistic and insecure, they react in the worse way possible...just like Buttedge...a nervous smile and denial, and appealing to the obvious: Trump acts in an undignified manner for someone in high office. But, the times we live in tell me that this last, commonly uttered appeal falls on almost universal deaf ears outside of the rarified air of the Washington scene of politicians, lobbyists and all of their paid and unpaid flunkies!

As a result, I think Dore's prediction that the name will stick like glue like so many other nicknames have, and be drag on this latest offering by the Washington establishment for the rest of his political career. I don't know if he'll sink beneath the waves like "Low Energy Jeb," but the carefully packaged hype around the latest centrist Democrat offering will likely fall flat! In tough times, most people want more than symbolism and virtue signalling from their leaders!
Agreed. I think the "victims" of Trump's gradeschool level taunting should rip him a new a-hole. I think Dem politicians should ROUTINELY point out how stupid Trump is, how amazingly low-IQ his comments are. They should do it so often it becomes obvious, a known fact by all and sundry. The Dems, as usual, are missing an opportunity to score points.

Nov 2013
NM
Buttigieg? He was busy. See Pete Buttigieg - Wikipedia

"Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg ( /ˈbuːtɪdʒədʒ/ BOOT-ih-jəj;[2][3] born January 19, 1982) is an American former naval intelligence officer who has been the mayor of South Bend, Indiana since 2012.

"Buttigieg graduated from Harvard College and, on a Rhodes Scholarship, from Pembroke College, Oxford. From 2007 to 2010, he worked at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm.[4] From 2009 to 2017, Buttigieg served as an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve, attaining the rank of lieutenant and deploying for the War in Afghanistan in 2014.[5][6]

"Buttigieg was first elected mayor of South Bend in 2011 and was reelected in 2015. During his tenure as mayor, Buttigieg's policies were widely credited with significantly spurring economic growth and business investment.

"Buttigieg claims to speak several languages. In addition to English, he taught himself to speak some Norwegian and has some knowledge of Spanish, Italian, Maltese, Arabic, Dari Persian, and French,[80][81][82] though it is unclear to what degree he knows these languages.[83] "

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

So, military service in intelligence, Rhodes scholar, various languages, deployed to Afghanistan. So he can probably find places on a map. All in all, an attractive candidate - so what if he might not do well on Wheel of fortune?