Physicists find evidence universe is a giant brain

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
This article is from AescentionNow. The title page on this site states:

We are the Creator, the Created and the Creation:
All is the Creator; there is no Other
We are One Consciousness expressing as many:
The One in the many; the many in the One.

Sounds like a reliable source for information about the universe.

Oct 2019
USA
This article is from AescentionNow. The title page on this site states:

We are the Creator, the Created and the Creation:
All is the Creator; there is no Other
We are One Consciousness expressing as many:
The One in the many; the many in the One.

Sounds like a reliable source for information about the universe.
Not sure what their ideas about a creator are, but that's irrelevant to discussion, and a simple argument from authority fallacy.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM

I find this very fascinating.
I'm sorry, a religious website trying to claim science proves religion, I'm not even going to read. I already know its going to not be actual science but just making up stuff to try to make it fit into religious belief

And look, just reading the first few passages I can spot the BS . A lot of "may be" and leap to trying to imply the universe is a giant brain (of god perhaps?)

According to a study published in Nature's Scientific Reports, the universe may be growing in the same way as a giant brain - with the electrical firing between brain cells 'mirrored' by the shape of expanding galaxies.

The results of a computer simulation suggest that "natural growth dynamics" - the way that systems evolve - are the same for different kinds of networks - whether its the internet [*also see below], the human brain or the universe as a whole.
First off, the scientists conclusions were "grow like a human brain" and the title states "
Physicists find evidence universe is a giant brain"

So right there you can spot the made up aspect, just like I said would be in the article. An honest title would read "Physicists find evidence universe grows like a brain"

Oct 2019
USA
I'm sorry, a religious website trying to claim science proves religion, I'm not even going to read.
Your choice.

Parallels between "science and religion", not necessarily God or the Bible have been made by scientists themselves, such as physicist Fritjof Capra (in his case, the parallels are between scientific concepts such as "matter and energy", and Eastern religious concepts, such as "yin and yang").

(I consider "science and religion" a false dictomy anyway - even if "science" in pure abstraction is not religion, if one has a belief that science is worth doing at all for some inherent reason, or good of humanity, this is a faith-based belief in itself.)

I already know its going to not be actual science but just making up stuff to try to make it fit into religious belief
That's an argument from authority fallacy, and reverts back to what I was discussing - you're dismissing it simply on the notion that God or creation are not concepts which exist within the scope of Bacon's scientific method, not on any inherent grounds.

(The theory of Common Law of the US, for example, doesn't exist within the scope of the scientific method, but that has nothing to do with arguments about its validity).

And for what it's worth, making "science" fit religious belief is what people do. The basis for Secular Humanism are faith-based beliefs such as "protecting the earth", or opposition to "racism" and so forth - so obviously a Secular Humanist will use science to oppose racism (unlike the Nazis, who used science to promote racism).

(Secular Humanism is a religion and is recognized as such by the Supreme Court, whether or not it invokes a "God").

And look, just reading the first few passages I can spot the BS . A lot of "may be" and leap to trying to imply the universe is a giant brain (of god perhaps?)

First off, the scientists conclusions were "grow like a human brain" and the title states "
Physicists find evidence universe is a giant brain"

So right there you can spot the made up aspect, just like I said would be in the article. An honest title would read "Physicists find evidence universe grows like a brain"
They found parallels between the universe and a giant brain, you might call that jumping to a conclusion, but I wouldn't consider that to be "making anything up".

Oct 2019
USA
For what its worth, equating "creation" with "religious" also seems fallacious.

I'm not sure what definition of "religion" people are using, but an argument for "creation" in and of itself wouldn't qualify as a "religion" or "religious".

Dec 2015
Arizona
Hmmm.....do you suppose PART of that giant universe brain could be surgically transplanted into Trump's head?
Now, THAT might be worth discussing.

• Haha
Reactions: leekohler2 and RNG
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Your choice.

Parallels between "science and religion", not necessarily God or the Bible have been made by scientists themselves, such as physicist Fritjof Capra (in his case, the parallels are between scientific concepts such as "matter and energy", and Eastern religious concepts, such as "yin and yang").

(I consider "science and religion" a false dictomy anyway - even if "science" in pure abstraction is not religion, if one has a belief that science is worth doing at all for some inherent reason, or good of humanity, this is a faith-based belief in itself.)

That's an argument from authority fallacy, and reverts back to what I was discussing - you're dismissing it simply on the notion that God or creation are not concepts which exist within the scope of Bacon's scientific method, not on any inherent grounds.

(The theory of Common Law of the US, for example, doesn't exist within the scope of the scientific method, but that has nothing to do with arguments about its validity).

And for what it's worth, making "science" fit religious belief is what people do. The basis for Secular Humanism are faith-based beliefs such as "protecting the earth", or opposition to "racism" and so forth - so obviously a Secular Humanist will use science to oppose racism (unlike the Nazis, who used science to promote racism).

(Secular Humanism is a religion and is recognized as such by the Supreme Court, whether or not it invokes a "God").

They found parallels between the universe and a giant brain, you might call that jumping to a conclusion, but I wouldn't consider that to be "making anything up".
No, the article completely made up and twisted it, just like I said. A Parallels between growth is not the same as the universe is like a giant mind. and you can call out "fallacy" all you want, I showed how the link is bogus, just like anybody could see by just going to the website.