Plastic straws in Calif

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Personal experience. While attending a family function in Newport Beach, Calif dining in a seafood restaurant my wife asked for a straw for her iced tea. The waitress became agitated and talked to the manager. He came over with a tray covered by a napkin. He explained that the restaurant could no longer serve plastic straws as he uncovered the tray. Behold. three plastic straws! He explained that he couldn't serve them but the customer could use anything they could see. I picked one off the tray and handed it to my wife and he covered the remaining straws and withdrew. I then showed him the pix of the Mexican smuggling straws into Calif and he asked me to send it to his e-mail from my PDA. He made great tips showing it to his regular customers. made my day.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Personal experience. While attending a family function in Newport Beach, Calif dining in a seafood restaurant my wife asked for a straw for her iced tea. The waitress became agitated and talked to the manager. He came over with a tray covered by a napkin. He explained that the restaurant could no longer serve plastic straws as he uncovered the tray. Behold. three plastic straws! He explained that he couldn't serve them but the customer could use anything they could see. I picked one off the tray and handed it to my wife and he covered the remaining straws and withdrew. I then showed him the pix of the Mexican smuggling straws into Calif and he asked me to send it to his e-mail from my PDA. He made great tips showing it to his regular customers. made my day.
OMG

Really?

This is what gets the right's rocks off?

Jul 2019
Georgia
OMG

Really?

This is what gets the right's rocks off?
I noticed that the story ended with the manager "making great tips"

managers don't make tips

(waitress is a female who gets the manager, manager is the male who presents straws. then apparently male manager makes great tips later, lol, this usually happens when a story is completely made-up)

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I noticed that the story ended with the manager "making great tips"

managers don't make tips

(waitress is a female who gets the manager, manager is the male who presents straws. then apparently male manager makes great tips later, lol, this usually happens when a story is completely made-up)
Nope, it's what happens when you read things into it in order for it to support your desired ability to bash the author.
The manager went around MAKING tips. Not TAKING tips. By doing what he did he was manufacturing, aka making, tips for the waitress, aka server, that would probably have been less. See how easy it was to get sucked in because of your knee jerk reaction?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Nope, it's what happens when you read things into it in order for it to support your desired ability to bash the author.
The manager went around MAKING tips. Not TAKING tips. By doing what he did he was manufacturing, aka making, tips for the waitress, aka server, that would probably have been less. See how easy it was to get sucked in because of your knee jerk reaction?
Lol, suuuurreee.

Are you not the original author? Your op presents itself as though you are.