Polarization

Dec 2015
Arizona
Thanks to you, too, Clara.

And here we see it again, @Biff; you folks just can't help yourselves. Even in an attempt to argue the left is not prone to personal attacks with those holding differing opinions, you folks just can't help yourselves attacking the character of those whom you oppose.
That's what you got from my post?? A personal attack? On whom??

Dec 2018
New England
Whining is another fairly predictable characteristic of conservatives.
Conservatives love the disparaging comment and, then, complain bitterly when progressives respond harshly.
Biff, please, I'm not complaining. I welcome it. Do you really not see these two are falling all over themselves to prove my point?

Dec 2018
New England
Little do you know. You nailed it.

You are collectivists and you DEMAND that everyone else follow along w/ your utopian collectivist world view. If they don't want to they are sexist racist homophobic nazis.
... and they just don't see it. Remarkable.

Dec 2015
Arizona
:lol:

On whomever you were calling, in so many words, racist or unfeeling toward the poor. Do you really not realize that's what you were doing?
Wait a minute. Are you implying and should I be inferring that the RightWing of our GOP supports welfare, healthcare, & affirmative action? Are you also suggesting that the GOP does not support trickle-down economics--Ronnie Raygun's baby??
Did the GOP or did they NOT support Trump's new tax plan? Women's rights? Equal employment? Are we talking about the same GOP?
The same GOP who out of 16 possible presidential candidates chose Donald J Trump who consistently displayed misogynist, racist, and Islamaphobic behavior? But you think the GOP is not racist or unfeeling??
I thought what I was DOING was stating facts---proven, verified, confirmed, established FACTS. Remember facts? They used to be part of everyday behaviors? Ring a bell?

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
You see, Clara, he's trying to pull one of the fat orange turd's favorite techniques: complain every time he makes a racist or homophobic or misogynistic or xenophobic comment that people call him a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot. Just as when he makes an outrageous claim or spews vicious hate-mongering or presents patently defenseless lies as facts and it gets reported by journalists, he complains that they are 'against' him and only write bad things about him.

They truly don't grasp the fact that words have definitions and meanings - and if the meanings fit, they just have to wear them.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
You see, Clara, he's trying to pull one of the fat orange turd's favorite techniques: complain every time he makes a racist or homophobic or misogynistic or xenophobic comment that people call him a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot. Just as when he makes an outrageous claim or spews vicious hate-mongering or presents patently defenseless lies as facts and it gets reported by journalists, he complains that they are 'against' him and only write bad things about him.

They truly don't grasp the fact that words have definitions and meanings - and if the meanings fit, they just have to wear them.

The irony of your post is amazing!!! Not at all surprising bur definitely amazing

They (you)truly don't grasp the fact that words have definitions and meanings

racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot

Nov 2005
California
They (you)truly don't grasp the fact that words have definitions and meanings
racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot
How would you define those terms then?

Better yet, how do you define the word "fascist" which you love to throw around and claim leftists are?
The hypocrisy you portray in your complaint is amusing...

Nov 2005
California
Facebook and other web-sites employ algorithms to show you the "news" it thinks you want to hear.
Ergo, if you're a conservative, it'll show you the conservative source. If you're a liberal, it'll show you a liberal source.

I remember when I first heard Stephen Colbert's discussion on "truthiness". Today, it has pervaded so much of our society it isn't even funny...
Some people aren't able to think for themselves. They aren't capable of questioning their beliefs and instead listen for and repeat what is convenient. They don't want to search for the truth.

Let up on yourself. :)
People are so polarized because crazy ideas flow so freely. I've always felt that the extremes more or less drive the middle, but that's changed. Previously, we didn't hear much from the extremes, but now we do.
Remember the "dunce cap"?

Today, people complain that Alex Jones doesn't get a youtube / twitter platform when he should be wearing one of these...

And a ramp up on one side ramps up the other. And vice versa. The extremes have become the dialogue, and unfortunately too many in the middle are allowing the extremes to speak for them.
Yes!