Polis Issues Colorado Stay-at-Home Order: ‘Now Is Not The Time To Die’

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Actually, my county has had this is place for almost two weeks. Our self-reported cases have dropped dramatically.

Polis Issues Colorado Stay-at-Home Order:
‘Now Is Not The Time To Die’
Gov. Jared Polis issued a statewide “stay at home” order Wednesday, requiring the state’s 5.7 million residents to avoid unnecessary travel or mingling with others outside their households.​
Polis, who had resisted taking the dramatic step even as cities, counties and local health departments in metro Denver issued similar orders before him, said he was persuaded that a statewide approach was necessary as the coronavirus continued to spread throughout the population.​
“Now is the time to stay at home,” Polis said.​
Similar to the county-level and regional orders that had been issued by others, Polis’s order will allow grocery stores, liquor stores, gas stations and other businesses considered essential to remain open. Customers may visit those as long as they maintain social distancing, staying 6 feet away from people not from their households.​
The order takes effect Thursday and lasts through April 11.​

Jul 2019
Georgia
seems to me the more progressive States are ahead of the curve on this (as usual)

the more backwards a state
the worse the MAGA flu will be

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
seems to me the more progressive States are ahead of the curve on this (as usual)

the more backwards a state
the worse the MAGA flu will be
My county has a ton of cases, the highest cases per capita, and the daily confirmed case count keeps going up. Our extreme measures have been in place less than two weeks. The case count continues rising due to the week-plus time it's taking to get test results back.

The self-reported cases, the people who call in and go through their symptoms with a trained person, have decreased by about 700 percent in a week's time. I think this shows the measures taken are producing results. :)

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Dumb thing they did is they made pot and alcohol stores non-essential, and then the day before they were to close, as expected, there were lines to get alcohol, putting people at risk. That didn't last long.

Shoot, pot and alcohol n eed to be essential with people stuck inside

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Report from a "normal" friend of mine who lives in Denver.

"We have military jets and choppers and big shit flying in the sky today...all morning...back and forth, all the more noticeable because we've had so very few commercial flights recently."

That's all I got from her.