"Poll: Majority of voters believe NFL kneeling isn't unpatriotic"

Nov 2012
nirvana
As anyone even asked why the nation anthem needs to be played at a commercial sporting franchise game involving only teams from within the same nation in the first place ?
They didn’t use to do this. It was brought about as a political stunt for Republicans to try and paint Democrats as unpatriotic.

Which is ironic, considering it is Republicans, and especially holier than thou conservatives, who claim to hate the very government who’s ass they want you to kiss at these sporting events.

May 2018
USA
They didn’t use to do this. It was brought about as a political stunt for Republicans to try and paint Democrats as unpatriotic.

Which is ironic, considering it is Republicans, and especially holier than thou conservatives, who claim to hate the very government who’s ass they want you to kiss at these sporting events.
Republican hypocrisy is like a Russian nesting doll: open it up and you'll find more hypocrisy inside!

Aug 2018
been around
Boy you folks really hate America. Using a false narrative, to boot, but that doesn't matter to you. Anything that harms the nation and the freedoms it stands for is what you're after.
Go ahead and deny it so I can laugh.

Aug 2019
De Congo
One World Globalists..they would love to shut the Anthem down and make any other displays of national pride and tradition severely frowned upon and if necessary...made illegal.
At least The Anthem provides members of The Union a chance to show some love, unity and allegiance towards one another.
There will always be the angry, bitter, disgruntled and unappreciative members of any society who would rather sulk and pout than sing along with the satisfied and well adjusted members.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I think I agree with what BubbaJones said in post #2; if anything, it's probably the most patriotic thing a person can do.

I do also agree with those who say that the team/league owners can do what they want as well, whether it's fine the players, fire them, or let them kneel. That's between the players and the owners/league, which is privately owned, and none of that has anything to do with being patriotic. Fans & spectators can decide what they want to do as well, watch or attend games, or don't.

To me, patriotism isn't something anyone ought to be forced to do & that's what some want with the players, for them to be forced to be patriotic.

I'm not anti-police or anti-military (I have close family who are retired from both), but I am opposed to them doing things they're not supposed to do, or being used to do things they're not supposed to be doing. If the paid career police & military are doing what they're supposed to do, and only what they're supposed to do, then I'm fine with that; in that case it's more economically efficient to delegate some of those tasks & responsibilities to paid career professionals, just like with anything else.

That doesn't mean we have to allow that, especially when they're doing things they shouldn't be doing. We should be able to simply shit can police & military, and go back to posses and militias, if We The People decide to do so. If we get invaded, I'll pick up a weapon and defend the country & I don't need a uniform, patch, rank, medal, or a paycheck to do that (not that I have anything against those things, either); it's in our interest to protect our country one way or another.

It's our tax dollars we have to pay that are being used to fund these things otherwise, and if a fellow taxpayer is dissatisfied with how his or her money is being misused, you better believe it's patriotic to say so. I would say that that's being more patriotic than being apathetic about it, because to be apathetic about such issues is to not care about the future of our country & what happens to it.

I think the same type of people making noise & obnoxious about the kneeling players being unpatriotic are the same neocon & warmonger types who say that waterboarding isn't torture, but if they sniff one drop of water up their delicate nostrils they'll panic thinking they're drowning. They're just wimps trying to act tough.
Exactly, the most unpatriotic thing you can do is to say to someone you don't agree with "if you don't like it leave" a famous deflection from right wingers. Or beat someone up for not taking their hat off during the national anthem. Or thinking that only white conservatives are real "mericans"

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Speaking of conspiracy theories.....Where on earth did you come up w/ that one?

It's military propaganda silly