Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
1. He is not that rich
2. russian business ties
And yes that's the other half of the equation. I don't think he's worth anywhere near what he claims. That or he has seriously under reported his worth and he's terrified someone will do the math and realize he's been cheating all these years. Even for someone like Trump the IRS simply doesn't have the man power to dig through 500 separate companies and corporate entities then go out and appraise every piece of property he supposedly owns. But if he releases his returns you can bet some one, some where, WILL start digging. And as soon as they start finding inconsistencies they'll point it out, then the IRS or state authorities will get involved. New York already has an investigation into whether or not he and family have been under valuing his properties to avoid taxes.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
And yes that's the other half of the equation. I don't think he's worth anywhere near what he claims. That or he has seriously under reported his worth and he's terrified someone will do the math and realize he's been cheating all these years. Even for someone like Trump the IRS simply doesn't have the man power to dig through 500 separate companies and corporate entities then go out and appraise every piece of property he supposedly owns. But if he releases his returns you can bet some one, some where, WILL start digging. And as soon as they start finding inconsistencies they'll point it out, then the IRS or state authorities will get involved. New York already has an investigation into whether or not he and family have been under valuing his properties to avoid taxes.
While I don't think it's that big of a deal these days because the appeal of Trump is more about a persona that actual facts, I agree Trump is probably doesn't have the new worth he claims to have. Trump has claimed he's worth $10B, most media outlets have estimated he's worth between $3B and $5B, and some left-leaning outlets have actually estimated he's worth $1B or less.

This could all be solved is Trump released his taxes, but what does it matter. The only evidence Trump has provided he's worth $10B is that he's said he's worth $10B, and he became president. So it doesn't really benefit him to try and prove it to the rest of us?