PoS Norm MacDonald

Dec 2016
Canada
i saw a recent interview with Rob Reiner from that Archie Bunker show, and he said that in real life the guy who played Archie was way more to the Left than he was! its a very interesting show, besides the terrible things that character says, but the way the others handle it and really tackle important issues.

i dont know anything about this other show, but yeah i can kinda see that is Jerry Springer :p
Yes, Carroll O'Connor in real life was nothing like the Archie Bunker character he played on TV. He was educated...an English professor during lulls in his acting career, but grew up in a blue collar New York home in Queens New York....so, he had the accent down and understood the character he was playing. The only thing that didn't fit the character at the time, was Archie being a Republican....not in the early 70's in New York anyway. He would be typical of the "Reagan Democrats" later in the 80's, but in 1970...working as a longshoreman on the docks in New York, he would have been a card-carrying union member and rank and file Democrat.

Like socially conservative Archie Bunker..who wants the world to stop changing around him, Al Bundy of the long-running Fox sit-com - Married With Children is punching bag of a character....sort of an everyman who's life just went downhill after high school. But, as improbable as it would be in real life...even in the 80's, is able to support a family and have a nice house...even though he works at a shoe store in a shopping mall. Al Bundy's shining moment was playing fullback for his high school football team, where one of the most recurring jokes is that 20 years later, he's still telling people who don't care that he "scored four touchdowns in a single game." He believes his post-high school life would have been great...if he hadn't been trapped into marriage, but as dysfunctional as the family is, the Bundy's are still together with their two equally dysfunctional kids- Kelly and Bud. So, there's limits to how edgy the writers were willing to make the characters on the show. They wanted them to be misfits, but not totally despicable and turn off most of the viewers.

The show was never a huge hit like All In The Family, but it...along with The Simpsons, kept Fox's fledgling 4th network on the air in the years before cable and satellite gave us the 100 and 1000 channel universe. It was created as an edgier sit-com than what the Big Three networks of the day would dare put on their channels. It was deliberately taking shots at the typical safe family sit-coms that dominated TV until that time. At first the comedic tension is provided by Steve and Marcie Rhodes, the perfect, upwardly mobile yuppie couple next door. But, over time, they noticed that more jokes and story lines could be squeezed from Al's conflicts and arguments with modern feminist adversary- Marcie. I wouldn't say it was a high point for television, but it did provide a break from bland, play-it-safe kinds of shows of the time.

Last edited:
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Hollywood is a cesspool filled with hypocrites you have a bunch of pimps and gonifs pretending to be good people, so called liberal progressive blah blah horse turds, these are rich powerful people that are used to treating the rest of us as serfs, they are parasites bleeding the very blood out of our culture, molesting kids raping women, promoting drug abuse and perversion, to weaken society so they can take advantage of its victims, these people will shreak about roy moore and trump as they should both are vermin , but then do things even worse to people under their power.. the whole place is a toxic dump that needs to be cleaned up by the epa

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Hollywood is a cesspool filled with hypocrites you have a bunch of pimps and gonifs pretending to be good people, so called liberal progressive blah blah horse turds, these are rich powerful people that are used to treating the rest of us as serfs, they are parasites bleeding the very blood out of our culture, molesting kids raping women, promoting drug abuse and perversion, to weaken society so they can take advantage of its victims, these people will shreak about roy moore and trump as they should both are vermin , but then do things even worse to people under their power.. the whole place is a toxic dump that needs to be cleaned up by the epa
They have no power, no influence, no wealth not given to them by "the people."

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Well, let's be very frank here. Louis CK is a pervert. His victims, if you can call them that, saw him pull his pecker out. Presuming the "victim" has seen a penis before, I fail to see how they'd be traumatized. Shocked and dismayed, certainly, but it's my understanding he usually had the courtesy to ask if they minded first (pretty weird dude). To his credit he apologized, knowing it would probably destroy his career. At least he owned it. None of his victims were physically assaulted.

Roseanne, although a racist sack of crap, is ALLOWED to be a racist sack of crap. Who are her "victims"? Hyper sensitive people to racism. I fail to see what trauma a black person actually suffered from her comments after, presumably, a lifetime of experiencing worse. Much ado about nothing, in my opinion.

Norm has a point. Louis's career is kaput, Roseanne's career isn't quite kaput but it's on the ropes because of her own big mouth. That's far worse than any "injuries" their "victims" suffered. Granted, they are both millionaires many times over, but they probably won't be adding to their piles of money in the future.
this sort of sophmoric vulgarity is no longer acceptable, call me naive but in the culture i come from it never was, hollywood is a sewer i now feel bad and guilty every time i watch a movie, like all the crime illegal drugs cause when you do a line, i cant even enjoy a movie or a comedy show anymore, i'm a victim, these jerks have to realize they get rich thats enough they dont get to rape women, thats no longer a perk okay?

May 2018
USA
this sort of sophmoric vulgarity is no longer acceptable, call me naive but in the culture i come from it never was, hollywood is a sewer i now feel bad and guilty every time i watch a movie, like all the crime illegal drugs cause when you do a line, i cant even enjoy a movie or a comedy show anymore, i'm a victim, these jerks have to realize they get rich thats enough they dont get to rape women, thats no longer a perk okay?
Oh. Kindly tell me who Louis CK "raped", thanks. And Roseanne: who'd she rape again?

Take your hysterics to the funny papers, I'm not buying it. If you don't like movies, nobody is forcing you to watch them. You won't see Louis CK or Roseanne in many movies, btw.