Possible loss of SNAP bennies puts pressure on Dems

May 2013
arkansas
The Trash cars I see have Hillary ------> stickers. Mostly from Davidson County.. around the Settle Court area
Here it's right wingers. New Years Eve in '16 a republican friend was complaining that his republican son got too little in food stamps 'just because' he owned a house and a car. Another republican party guest told him not to worry....that 'now that we got a white man in the white house, that will change' (sic). Yup, it's changing. His sons food stamps haven't gone up, and if Trump doesn't start putting the country ahead of his ego, his son probably won't get any food stamps at all next month. But hey! Trumps white so I guess not getting that liberal assistance is worth it.

Jul 2007
NJ
The House went Democrat because the people wanted a check on Trump. Trump shut down the government to try to fulfill a campaign promise that the right wing infotainment circuit was pressing him on. The Dems don't have to do anything but wait for grown ups to enter the rest of the Senate and White house.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

I never gave the Prius much thought. My adopted daughter and I were looking for a car for my granddaughter. The grand daughter thought they were stupid until she saw a black one !! Then she wanted one. As luck would have it I have a friend up in Kentucky that specializes in them. He buys them with bad batteries or blown motors and fixes them up. He found me a solid little 2007 model. Until he delivered it to me I have never driven one. I had ridden in his a couple times. I kept it a couple weeks driving it around to make sure there were no issues, then drove it 4 1/2 hours to meet my daughter.

I've spent my entire career in automotive, the technical end of it. I have say, for a 12 year old car with 200K miles on it. I was IMPRESSED !!! No not "exciting" to drive, but in terms of efficiency the technology just fucking WORKS !!! For one thing they're HUGE inside. Even my tall and fat ass can sit in the back seat, and folded down you can haul half a house in there. Then on the trip to deliver it, I discovered the cruise control didn't work. I had trouble keeping the little bastard under 80 !!! I finally made the girl friend get in front and set her cruise. Even with all that we arrived at our destination and had averaged more than 45 mpg.

In terms of daily efficiency they're damned good little cars. Of course today you can buy all sorts of hybrids that are just as efficient and not nearly as dorky looking.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I never gave the Prius much thought. My adopted daughter and I were looking for a car for my granddaughter. The grand daughter thought they were stupid until she saw a black one !! Then she wanted one. As luck would have it I have a friend up in Kentucky that specializes in them. He buys them with bad batteries or blown motors and fixes them up. He found me a solid little 2007 model. Until he delivered it to me I have never driven one. I had ridden in his a couple times. I kept it a couple weeks driving it around to make sure there were no issues, then drove it 4 1/2 hours to meet my daughter.

I've spent my entire career in automotive, the technical end of it. I have say, for a 12 year old car with 200K miles on it. I was IMPRESSED !!! No not "exciting" to drive, but in terms of efficiency the technology just fucking WORKS !!! For one thing they're HUGE inside. Even my tall and fat ass can sit in the back seat, and folded down you can haul half a house in there. Then on the trip to deliver it, I discovered the cruise control didn't work. I had trouble keeping the little bastard under 80 !!! I finally made the girl friend get in front and set her cruise. Even with all that we arrived at our destination and had averaged more than 45 mpg.

In terms of daily efficiency they're damned good little cars. Of course today you can buy all sorts of hybrids that are just as efficient and not nearly as dorky looking.

They are damn Good cars, you just bought one that was a piece of crap that a KY Redneck had to repair, Because the engine and battries failed.

You know Li is a greater pollutant, than CO2.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Yeah, i have an associate. Stereotypical northern MN redneck if you know the type. Boat, ice house, truck, 4wheeler. Great guy. Anyways his wife and both daughters have one. He said like you did. If you can find t them on their 2nd life they are awesome, plus i think he said you can program them not to go over X mph. Thats kinda cool.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
They are damn Good cars, you just bought one that was a piece of crap that a KY Redneck had to repair, Because the engine and battries failed.

Hahaha.

Didn't even read your post b4 i posted mine.

Tooo funny.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

That KY redneck is a multi-millionaire. True entrepreneur. Finds interesting little niche markets and fills them. Everything from supplying building space to the federal gov to the auto repair shop and used car lot to industrial lighting. Wanna know what he drives most of the time ?? One of his rebuilt Prius. You WISH you were in tenth as smart as that KY redneck.