Post-Impeachment Backlash > It ain't over

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Yep. It’s imperative we get him out of office.
I am beginning to think that is not going to happen, the odds are becoming heavily stacked. Between the TrumpHumper mindset, Russia and the incompetency of Dems it does not look promising. I personally have shifted to a new mindset of enjoying this place while I still can and voting against every Republican on earth anyway.

Reactions: cwII
Dec 2019
Utah, USA
I am beginning to think that is not going to happen, the odds are becoming heavily stacked. Between the TrumpHumper mindset, Russia and the incompetency of Dems it does not look promising. I personally have shifted to a new mindset of enjoying this place while I still can and voting against every Republican on earth anyway.
I share your pain Tec.....A ray of hope?...It's really early yet! But participation numbers in Iowa weren't very good....that's the number to watch (mo).

Reactions: tecoyah
Feb 2007
USA
All the sour grapes today! Here's a poll for ya to bend fold and mutilate. Virtually nothing seems to move the needle much. Hangon for a replay of 2016.
But back in 2016, Americans could only guess how Trump would act if he were to be elected. And now, in 2020, and based on the poll and article you cited, a majority (48% versus 39%) of the individuals asked in said poll believe that Trump “is probably guilty of the charges against him, and the Senate is protecting him," while a slim majority (43% versus 41%) of the individuals asked in said poll "supported the Republican-led Senate's decision on Wednesday to keep Trump in office in a case stemming from his dealings with Ukraine," with 17% of pollsters being undecided. And it is quite likely that even more information is bound to be released into the public domain concerning Trump's actions regarding Ukraine in the coming days, weeks, and months...perhaps even changing those 17% undecided votes to become in supportive of Trump's removal from office, in retrospect.

And, the point being, none of these removal or retain conclusions of the general public were apparently a factor in the 2016 election, unlike the upcoming 2020 election. So, it seems rather absurd for anyone to make comparisons of equality between the 2016 election and the upcoming 2020 election, without taking into consideration Trump's impeachment and how Americans feel about his non-removal from office, and in addition, particularly if this whole chapter in history is still being written.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: se7en
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
But back in 2016, Americans could only guess how Trump would act if he were to be elected. And now, in 2018, and based on the poll and article you cited, a majority (48% versus 39%) of the individuals asked in said poll believe that Trump “is probably guilty of the charges against him, and the Senate is protecting him," while a slim majority (43% versus 41%) of the individuals asked in said poll "supported the Republican-led Senate's decision on Wednesday to keep Trump in office in a case stemming from his dealings with Ukraine," with 17% of pollsters being undecided. And it is quite likely that even more information is bound to be released into the public domain concerning Trump's actions regarding Ukraine in the coming days, weeks, and months...perhaps even changing those 17% undecided votes to become in supportive of Trump's removal from office, in retrospect.

And, the point being, none of these removal or retain conclusions of the general public were apparently a factor in the 2016 election, unlike the upcoming 2018 election. So, it seems rather absurd for anyone to make comparisons of equality between the 2016 election and the upcoming 2018 election, without taking into consideration Trump's impeachment and how Americans feel about his non-removal from office, and in addition, particularly if this whole chapter in history is still being written.

:rolleyes:
But...it is also important to realize that the interference in 2016 was probably just a learning experience for Russia and Company so this next election will be more of an implementation of plan. Then we also have an enabled Trump with a fanatic base and a totally impotent opposition. All this going up against a GOP that no longer follows moral or ethical standards.
I hate to say it but it looks like they have won and the U.S. is now in their hands. We can vote and hope but....I see little hope.

Reactions: se7en
May 2018
none
I don't want to hear any whining. We're all responsible. We all have to go vote. Any of the Dem candidates can beat Trump. Don't fall into the trap the GOP wants you to fall into.

May 2018
none
But...it is also important to realize that the interference in 2016 was probably just a learning experience for Russia and Company so this next election will be more of an implementation of plan. Then we also have an enabled Trump with a fanatic base and a totally impotent opposition. All this going up against a GOP that no longer follows moral or ethical standards.
I hate to say it but it looks like they have won and the U.S. is now in their hands. We can vote and hope but....I see little hope.
Then there will have to be a civil war.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
I don't want to hear any whining. We're all responsible. We all have to go vote. Any of the Dem candidates can beat Trump. Don't fall into the trap the GOP wants you to fall into.
I do not whine, but I AM a realist.

May 2018
none
I do not whine, but I AM a realist.
So you're just giving up? Guess all us gay people should have given up in the 80s too, when we were getting decimated by AIDS? Now those were some seriously dark times, and NOBODY wanted to help us. We could have been "realists" and thought there was no hope too. But that's not what we did. We fought, because we HAD too. Looks like it's time we'll have to fight again.

Jul 2019
Georgia
nobody give up

trump's corruption has been exposed, and will continue to be exposed.