Post-Impeachment Backlash > It ain't over

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
So you're just giving up? Guess all us gay people should have given up in the 80s too, when we were getting decimated by AIDS? Now those were some seriously dark times, and NOBODY wanted to help us. We could have been "realists" and thought there was no hope too. But that's not what we did. We fought, because we HAD too. Looks like it's time we'll have to fight again.
I do not "Give Up" and fully intend to vote my conscience, I also do not whine as you just did about Aids and many of us paid attention and money to develop the treatments and acceptance now working toward eradication.....You're freakin' welcome.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Schiff to CNN: Bolton refused to give a sworn affidavit in the impeachment trial. I'd still like to hear from Bolton.
Wasn't it convenient for Bolton to refuse to testify?
AND BTW--Lev Parnas should still be on our radar. He is still under investigation. Rudy is also under investigation.
AND there are other shady characters we may hear about.

Reactions: se7en and tecoyah
May 2018
none
I do not "Give Up" and fully intend to vote my conscience, I also do not whine as you just did about Aids and many of us paid attention and money to develop the treatments and acceptance now working toward eradication.....You're freakin' welcome.
Thank you. Yes, some people did pay attention, but far from the majority at the time. We had to make a lot of noise to get the situation even addressed. It came at a great cost to many, many people. People lost their jobs, were beaten and murdered, and many people in this country (in government as well) turned a blind eye or even celebrated, saying we deserved it. This situation is no worse. We will get through it as long as we keep trying.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Schiff to CNN: Bolton refused to give a sworn affidavit in the impeachment trial. I'd still like to hear from Bolton.
Wasn't it convenient for Bolton to refuse to testify?
AND BTW--Lev Parnas should still be on our radar. He is still under investigation. Rudy is also under investigation.
AND there are other shady characters we may hear about.
in the Maddow interview, Lev did some crazy foreshadowing

RM asked him why he's going public with all this info, and if it concerned him that it could cost him his life

and his response was in the vein that he was more valuable dead with a bunch of secrets than he was dead without a bunch of secrets

he's basically already testified, so it's not worth the trouble to keep his secrets locked up (Epstein was the other scenario - he never spoke, so silencing him before he blabbed anything may have been worth it)

and clearly Lev sees trump on the same level as Putin to have even thought of it like that.

• Wow
Reactions: Clara007
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Watching the Dems in their sour grapes rants in their echo chambers is interesting. Brings to mind the stories of Der Fuhrer hiding in his bunker, moving imaginary, nonexistent divisions on a map board and declaring victory as he does. Here, we see the fawning minions propping each other up with their gallows humor, moving political articles and quips around their imaginary "map" of what they think the world looks like.

Reactions: caconservative
Dec 2015
Arizona
I've heard a lot of our community members ask "What's the point?" In other words, why bother with impeachment if we KNEW what the outcome would be---and we did. Democrats hoped we were wrong but we ARE (by in large) a group of idealistic pragmatists. We knew.
Evidently there are Americans who are still wondering WHY we impeached Trump. ONE of the reasons has nothing much to do with Trump and everything to do with the Senate. The conventional wisdom is that the DEMS will never--would never---win a Senate majority in 2020. It would be great, but no---it's a bridge too far.
IS IT?
Democrats need to pick up four seats from Republicans to win a majority in the Nov. 3 election, in which Trump also will be on the ballot. For the handful of senators who face tough re-election battles this year, their vote to acquit or convict Trump, or even to call witnesses in the trial, could loom large when voters consider whether to give them another six-year term. Political pundits and nonpartisan election services/polls estimate that between five and seven incumbent Senate Republicans are at risk of losing their seats, as do two incumbent Democrats.

Just look at the impeachment polls. Most Americans think senators should act as “impartial jurors” during the trial. They didn't.
Most Americans (75%) wanted witnesses and documents. None were provided.
Most Americans wanted Trump removed from office. Only one Republican voted to remove.
Americans may not understand all the ins and outs of the impeachment process, but they DO understand our court system. We don't DO trials without witnesses. We don't gang up on one side, brag about it and vote in a bloc.

There were several reasons to impeach Trump and now it's done. Trump is a vindictive, hateful man so the backlash will continue. Anyone who thinks that backlash can't or WON'T come from the voters is a FOOL.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
People voted for Trump, because they expected him to do things.
If you're in the 1%, you got what you voted for.
If you wanted the mine or the shuttered mill to re-open, you're still waiting.
If you believe anything the fat man says, you think things are great, even if the mill is still closed.

But win or lose in 2020, the recession is coming, because it always does, and we don't have any gas in the tank.
We are already pumping over a trillion in stimulus into what's supposed to be a "strong" economy.
Interest rates can't get much lower. It's going to be brutal.