Prediction: How does the shutdown/border wall end?

Apr 2013
La La Land North
My idea is the Democrats should make an in camera offer to give him the full 5.7B on the first sixth Friday of 2020. The press release can omit that little detail, he can claim a great victory and get the country working again, minus the wall.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
My idea is the Democrats should make an in camera offer to give him the full 5.7B on the first sixth Friday of 2020. The press release can omit that little detail, he can claim a great victory and get the country working again, minus the wall.
Nah. Give him the money now and tear it down when he's gone if it doesn't work. You know, like Trump did with Obamacare.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
How about Democrats agree to provide the 5.7B if Trump agrees to a public hearing in front of the House Judiciary Committee?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Well with trump making a rare Saturday announcement I guess I’ll give my prediction now.

Trump will declare a national emergency. The house and senate will pass a standard spending bill filled with all sorts of crap no one likes and no one asked for and Trump will sign it. The national emergency will be challenged in court and will most likely lose. If so, Trump will turn it into a campaign line about he wanted to build a wall but liberal courts and the establishment blah blah blah. If by chance he is successful in court the wall still won’t be built because A. It takes ALOT more money that what he has, B it takes a lot lingers to build than what he’s claimed, and C. It takes a lot of time AND money to maintain.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
The rumor mill is that he will NOT declare an emergency. Most likely just blather more on safety and being attacked and all that rant he has given so many times.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Well with trump making a rare Saturday announcement I guess I’ll give my prediction now.

Trump will declare a national emergency. The house and senate will pass a standard spending bill filled with all sorts of crap no one likes and no one asked for and Trump will sign it. The national emergency will be challenged in court and will most likely lose. If so, Trump will turn it into a campaign line about he wanted to build a wall but liberal courts and the establishment blah blah blah. If by chance he is successful in court the wall still won’t be built because A. It takes ALOT more money that what he has, B it takes a lot lingers to build than what he’s claimed, and C. It takes a lot of time AND money to maintain.
If what you posit is true it's a win win for Trump. I'm of the opinion that a natl emergency declaration will stand in court. There is too much being said about the crisis/emergency at the border from one side and more said about the crisis/emergency of the shutdown. I mean, an emergency has been declare for far less.

Jul 2015
chicago
I think this will be a very long partial shut down. Meanwhile the kind of shit with illegals digging under the old small walls and streaming in, will outrage voters. It is really bothering me that our country is being invaded with impunity this way. I think as this goes on Trump will use the military to start building the wall. He will be fought in court tooth and nail all along the way. Trump will be seen for what he is which is the defender of our borders. The Democrats will be viewed for what they are which is obstructionists with an anti USA ideology. Trump wins re-election because of it.

Dec 2015
Arizona
We all know that the shutdown has NOT boosted the American voter's allegiance to Trump. The majority BLAME Trump and the GOP Senate for the continuation of the shutdown. We also know that for EVERY day of the shutdown--for every lost paycheck--for every mortgage payment, medical/food bill, college tuition payment that is missed---there WILL BE PAYBACK.
The voters CAN have long memories and they do not want the wall. Donald Trump and the GOP will LOSE this fight--one way or another. The economy WILL take a hit. Eventually, there WILL be a national disaster via air traffic controllers, TSA agents, CDC, FDA, etc. When a national disaster strikes WHO will bear the blame? The continuing shutdown is a LOSE-LOSE proposition for Trump and the GOP. I think we all know how this will end---not WHEN it will end--BUT HOW it will end.

Meanwhile, back at 1600 Pensylvania Ave, things are not exactly rosy for King Trump, Queen Melania, and Prince Barron.
They live in government-run housing.
Just 21 of the roughly 80 people who help care for the White House — from butlers to electricians to chefs — are reporting to work. The rest have been furloughed.

I would like to make these suggestions to the DNC: Take this issue to the streets. Donate to the furloughed. Mingle with your furloughed constituents at home. Act now and show your concern.