President Donald Trump announces 5% tariff on all goods from Mexico

Apr 2013
La La Land North
1930 - 1980 distribution of wealth becomes less concentrated, middle class has an increasingly larger share of the total wealth, every year.
1981-present distribution of wealth becomes more concentrated, middle class share of wealth decreases every year.

Correlation with tax rates is 100% over an 89 year period, that's a hefty indicator to be dismissing, based on nonsense dogma......
Here is data from the Federal Reserve to confirm your post, goober.

The One Percent Have Gotten $21 Trillion Richer Since 1989.
The Bottom 50% Have Gotten Poorer.

The Fed Just Released a Damning Indictment of Capitalism and internal links.

And here is an interactive graph of that. Since it's interactive, it doesn't C&P.
The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Here is data from the Federal Reserve to confirm your post, goober.

The One Percent Have Gotten $21 Trillion Richer Since 1989.
The Bottom 50% Have Gotten Poorer.

The Fed Just Released a Damning Indictment of Capitalism and internal links.

And here is an interactive graph of that. Since it's interactive, it doesn't C&P.
The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989
Kind of exactly like what Elizabeth Warren has been saying...and she actually has policies that address this problem.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Yes, so it does take $90 dollars to sell something that only cost $10 before it is actually loaded into a shipping container.

I have asked numerous folks in the business this week, based on this discussion and not a sole pays just 10% for the goods.

Maybe it's unique to the industry you are in . I can't get my head around this .
So be it.

Later

Sep 2017
Hell
I have asked numerous folks in the business this week, based on this discussion and not a sole pays just 10% for the goods.

Maybe it's unique to the industry you are in . I can't get my head around this .
So be it.

Later
I've already explained to you that the unit cost of my products are low, but the rest of what makes up Cost Of Goods Sold is high. I'm sorry to say it and mean no offense at all, but I really do not believe you quite grasp accounting.

Suppose you make "homemade" Pico de Gallo and sell it as your staple product. The ingredient contains tomatoes that come from Mexico and is impacted by the draconian Trump threatened tariff of 5%. Yes, your cost structure will be impacted, but a lot of that is negated by the following remaining part of COG:

What the other ingredients cost.
What you pay that illegal Mexican employee you hired to do the dicing, mixing, and seasoning,
What you pay in electricity to light the prep kitchen so the Mexican does not cut off his own fingers.
What you pay for the containers that the salsa goes into which again cost labor of some sort.
What you pay for the labeling of the products so no one assumes it is some tomatoes some fat woman sat on accidentally.
What you pay for refrigeration.
What you pay for have your place maintained so Health Department does not shut you down.
What you pay for product liability insurance in case someone died from eating your Pico de Gallo and it was traced back your Mexican not washing his hands after an unpleasant and rather explosive number two encounter for eating a bad burrito at some hole in the wall cantina where they give you a taco gratis for every Modelo purchased?
What you pay your hot bilingual Mexican chick to go out and convince shops to sell your Pico de Gallo.
What you pay for the little LED lit mini refrigerators that those that want to sell your Pico de Gallo demand as a merchandising preclude to sell your product.
What you pay Safeway, Target, etc for merchandising rights, and rent for the space your fridge took up.
What you pay to have someone constantly going to all these different stores to make sure that back inventory is brought forward to replenish depleted front inventory/

I do not argue that there is no impact. I argue that the cost of everything else associated with bringing any product to the retail end-user has so much other costs associated with it that the claims of calamity has really is working on emotion and business accounting,

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I've already explained to you that the unit cost of my products are low, but the rest of what makes up Cost Of Goods Sold is high. I'm sorry to say it and mean no offense at all, but I really do not believe you quite grasp accounting.

Suppose you make "homemade" Pico de Gallo and sell it as your staple product. The ingredient contains tomatoes that come from Mexico and is impacted by the draconian Trump threatened tariff of 5%. Yes, your cost structure will be impacted, but a lot of that is negated by the following remaining part of COG:

What the other ingredients cost.
What you pay that illegal Mexican employee you hired to do the dicing, mixing, and seasoning,
What you pay in electricity to light the prep kitchen so the Mexican does not cut off his own fingers.
What you pay for the containers that the salsa goes into which again cost labor of some sort.
What you pay for the labeling of the products so no one assumes it is some tomatoes some fat woman sat on accidentally.
What you pay for refrigeration.
What you pay for have your place maintained so Health Department does not shut you down.
What you pay for product liability insurance in case someone died from eating your Pico de Gallo and it was traced back your Mexican not washing his hands after an unpleasant and rather explosive number two encounter for eating a bad burrito at some hole in the wall cantina where they give you a taco gratis for every Modelo purchased?
What you pay your hot bilingual Mexican chick to go out and convince shops to sell your Pico de Gallo.
What you pay for the little LED lit mini refrigerators that those that want to sell your Pico de Gallo demand as a merchandising preclude to sell your product.
What you pay Safeway, Target, etc for merchandising rights, and rent for the space your fridge took up.
What you pay to have someone constantly going to all these different stores to make sure that back inventory is brought forward to replenish depleted front inventory/
Dude, I TOTALLY understand.

I simply find no one with the same cost of goods as a % of total cost as you.

My friends and personal experiences are not in teh food industry selling salsa.

I am done looking for real world support for your claims. I am still not calling you a liar but I simply can't verify your claim.

Sep 2017
Hell
Dude, I TOTALLY understand.

I simply find no one with the same cost of goods as a % of total cost as you.

My friends and personal experiences are not in teh food industry selling salsa.

I am done looking for real world support for your claims. I am still not calling you a liar but I simply can't verify your claim.
I have nothing prove. I only engaged you in this conversation as a result of trying to explain that not all businesses fit into a cookie cutter like NM wanted to imply. If you cannot understand that the salsa was an analogy of what you implied with tariff cost, then by all means, do not reply and try to make it like it it is odd that your friends do not do salsa, but yet you seem to know everything about businesses that you have no idea of how it done. Do you not see your hypocrisy?

Salsa is the analogy of global trade and manufacturing. Your issues with grasping such basic accounting concepts shows that you don't understand what you are attempting to argue.

Then you contradict yourself with your own remark about how people read about how cheap it was to produce a pair of Nike''s without realizing how it effects the cost.

Your friends and you are both still confused with unit price of item purchased to make your product with the cost of goods sold with your finished product to the shelve.