Presidential Election Tie

Jul 2014
massachusetts
So walk me through this because I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Wisconsin has 5 R congressman and 3 D congressmen. Are you saying that because the WI congressman majority leans R, the "WI vote would go to the R majority? And each state would follow this process?

I'm honestly just trying to understand.
Exactly, each state delegation gets one vote, based on the polling of the state caucus.
California, one vote, Montana, one vote, it's even stupider than the Electoral College.

Apr 2019
America
Exactly, each state delegation gets one vote, based on the polling of the state caucus.
California, one vote, Montana, one vote, it's even stupider than the Electoral College.
It is there to stop the tyranny of the majority. A damn good idea.

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
I'm on lunch and was playing around with an electoral map and found a fun little scenario which isn't really unheard of. Dems snag PA, VA, ME, MI, MN, CO, NM, NV, and the rest of their normal states. Reps snag AZ, UT, TX, IA, WI, FL, NC, OH and the rest of their normal states. That leaves the election 269 to 269.

So what happens? It goes to a Contingent Election, as per the 12th amendment. In this election, the House votes on the Presidency while the Senate votes on the Vice Presidency. And with early projections looking like Ds holding the House and Rs holding the Senate, that would make for some INTERESTING scenarios.

Can you imagine a President Elizabeth Warren and a Vice President Mike Pence? YIKES
Knowing That the Deep State Thinks Cowardice Is a Virtue, We Shouldn't Have to Put Up With MAKE AMERICA GRATE ITS TEETH AGAIN

It happened in 1800, when Aaron Burr tried to steal the Presidency from Thomas Jefferson. James Monroe, who was then Governor of Virginia, broke the deadlock by threatening to have his state's militia march on Washington. Something to remember if Trump doesn't win because of all the anti-American votes of the anchor babies, amnestees, and their millions of descendants.

Sep 2014
It is there to stop the tyranny of the majority. A damn good idea.
Concentrations of Population Are As Dangerous to Democracy As Concentrations of Wealth

Just the opposite is true, as always should be expected from what pushy narrow-minded partisan fanatics tell us to think. Without the electoral college, the popular vote would give us what those who preach for an anti-majority republic dream about, 48 states being subjected to the will of 2 states.

Sep 2014
now we have the tyranny of the minority in complete power (minus the House but like that counts) lol
What Part of the United States of America Don't You Understand?

Both Bush and Trump won 60% of the states. Maybe you multiculties should move to the United Feralities of America, where Portapotties become voting booths.

No one needs a VP. Obama choosing Biden proved this.
Gainfully Employed

Instead of Madison's doodling, it would be rational to have the President's party leader in the Senate or the House become Vice-President and continue his duties in Congress.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
here and there
Lincoln, McKinley, Kennedy and Nixon proved we do.
Obviously, you know nothing about history. I assume this is why you are a Progressive.

Here is a list of Presidents who did not have a VP

James Madison from 1812-1813James Madison from 1814-1817Andrew Jackson from 1832-1833John Tyler from 1841-1845*Millard Fillmore from 1850-1853*Franklin Pierce from 1853-1857Andrew Johnson from 1865-1869*Ulysses S. Grant from 1875-1877Chester A. Arthur from 1881-1885*Grover Cleveland from 1885-1889William McKinley from 1899-1901Theodore Roosevelt from 1901-1905William H. Taft from 1912-1913Calvin Coolidge from 1923-1925Harry S. Truman from 1945-1949Lyndon B. Johnson from 1963-1965Richard Nixon from October 10 – December 6, 1973Gerald Ford from August 9 – December 19, 1974