Presidential Tax Returns

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Trump has no released his tax returns.

Should US presidents be required to release tax returns?
Since the Constitution expresses concern about the financial entanglements that could compromise presidential behavior, it seems quite reasonable that such disclosure would have been included if income tax had existed at the time of writing by the Founding Fathers.
Thoughts?

Dec 2018
New England

Since the Constitution expresses concern about the financial entanglements that could compromise presidential behavior, it seems quite reasonable that such disclosure would have been included if income tax had existed at the time of writing by the Founding Fathers.
Thoughts?
I agree. I think it should be compulsory once elected.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Actually, Trump doesn't have to release his tax returns, but the IRS must provide those returns to congress.
And a member of the committee can "read them into the congressional record".

You have to wonder what he's so afraid of revealing.

Mar 2019
Texas

Thoughts?
Release them to who?
Under the pretenses you raised of safety it seems that a committee should be able to determine if there are conflicts and such that need to be made public. Oversite.

Also end the irs and destroy the files. Start over and require 100% confirmation to pass laws.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Release them to who?
Under the pretenses you raised of safety it seems that a committee should be able to determine if there are conflicts and such that need to be made public. Oversite.

Also end the irs and destroy the files. Start over and require 100% confirmation to pass laws.
Why should information of public interest be prevented from the public. It seems like transparency should be a value even for conservatives.

Mar 2019
Texas
Why should information of public interest be prevented from the public. It seems like transparency should be a value even for conservatives.
You said public safety but not much about public interest. Since the gov. is your protector then they have a right to see the returns and decide for you if there is anything you should know in order to keep trumps rights as a citizen in tact.

The public interest route i can not think of any valid reasons a citizen should not be allowed his rights in the matter and that includes potus.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
You said public safety but not much about public interest. Since the gov. is your protector then they have a right to see the returns and decide for you if there is anything you should know in order to keep trumps rights as a citizen in tact.

The public interest route i can not think of any valid reasons a citizen should not be allowed his rights in the matter and that includes potus.
I don't recall mentioning the term "safety", so it really does not enter this discussion.

Mar 2019
Texas
Perhaps someone can explain to me why congress is playing softball with this issue?

If you or i were givin a request from congress and did not comply do you think they would just simply send the request again? No they would file contempt charges and lock our asses up until we complied.

To me this just says they are putting on a show to keep the media fed and the public attention on an issue of their choosing.