Presidential Tax Returns

Sep 2017
Hell
Trump " I can't do it until the audit is finished"
That was a gaffe which he clarified in an interview, as I have demonstrated with my CNN article. Again, where did he "can't due to regulations/requirements/etc"?

That is where the BS bias fact checking comes in.

Personally, I would like him to release his returns, and one of the reason why I didn't vote for him was because of the tax returns, but clinging to a misspoken word is simply nothing more than TDS.

Oct 2010
Colorado
That was a gaffe which he clarified in an interview. As I have demonstrated with my CNN article. Again, where did he "can't due to regulations/requirements/etc"?

Personally, I would like him to release his returns, and one of the reason why I didn't vote for him was because of the tax returns, but clinging to a misspoken word is simply nothing more than TDS.
Three days ago:

President Donald Trump continues to hold the line on refusing to release his tax returns.

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, the House Ways and Means Committee's deadline for the IRS to turn over six years of his personal and business tax returns, Trump said: "I won't do it."

"There is no law, as you know, I got elected last time with the same issue and while I'm under audit, I won't do it. If I'm not under audit, I would do it, I have no problem with it, but while I'm under audit, I would not give my taxes," Trump said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/donald-trump-taxes-release-audit/index.html

Trump will milk "the audit" for all it's worth.

Sep 2017
Hell
Three days ago:

President Donald Trump continues to hold the line on refusing to release his tax returns.

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, the House Ways and Means Committee's deadline for the IRS to turn over six years of his personal and business tax returns, Trump said: "I won't do it."

"There is no law, as you know, I got elected last time with the same issue and while I'm under audit, I won't do it. If I'm not under audit, I would do it, I have no problem with it, but while I'm under audit, I would not give my taxes," Trump said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/donald-trump-taxes-release-audit/index.html

Trump will milk "the audit" for all it's worth.
Milking it. That, I would have no problem agreeing with.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
That was a gaffe which he clarified in an interview, as I have demonstrated with my CNN article. Again, where did he "can't due to regulations/requirements/etc"?

So 5000 lies and one "misspoke"

Dec 2015
Arizona
There you go again with short attention span. This particular one is not a lie, but a spin due to a gaffe.
A gaffe? How many gaffes equal a lie? How many lies equal pathological?

May 2014: "If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."
Feb 2015: Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt that he would "certainly show tax returns if it was necessary."
Jan 2016: Trump told NBC's Chuck Todd that he had "very big returns." Asked if he would release them publicly, Trump said, "we're working on that now."
Feb 2016: Trump told CNN's Anderson Cooper that he has a "very complex system of taxes." We'll make a determination over the next couple of months," he said. "It's very complicated."
Feb 2016: During a CNN-Telemundo debate later that day, Trump said he wanted to release his tax returns, but could not while he's under audit. "I've had it for years. I get audited. And obviously if I'm being audited, I'm not going to release a return," he said. "As soon as the audit is done, I love it."
Feb 2016: "Tax experts throughout the media agree that no sane person would give their tax returns during an audit," he said. "After the audit, no problem!"
MAY 11, 2016Trump tells the Associated Press that his taxes are under "routine audit" and he will release them when the audit is done. "I would release my tax returns when audit is complete, not after election!" he tweeted about the interview.
Sept 2016: Trump says during the first presidential debate that his taxes will be released once an audit is finished.
October 2016: Pencesaid that trump is "going to release his tax returns when the audit is over."
Jan 2017: Kellyanne Conway said on ABC's "This Week" that "the White House response is that he's not going to release his tax returns."

You want more or does this bring you up to date? Now again: Are these gaffes? Lies? Shell games?
Why don't you explain this to us?

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Inner Space

The thing about Trump is that one can find any statement that one wants to support a particular view.
If you just look at the collection of statements on this issue, they do not pass the sniff test. Trump has undoubtedly been audited yearly and likely challenges all IRS decisions as well as collateral state claims. Even on this issue, he is likely to claim privilege and force the issue into federal court to delay and litigate the issue.

Oct 2010
Colorado
A gaffe? How many gaffes equal a lie? How many lies equal pathological?

May 2014: "If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."
Feb 2015: Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt that he would "certainly show tax returns if it was necessary."
Jan 2016: Trump told NBC's Chuck Todd that he had "very big returns." Asked if he would release them publicly, Trump said, "we're working on that now."
Feb 2016: Trump told CNN's Anderson Cooper that he has a "very complex system of taxes." We'll make a determination over the next couple of months," he said. "It's very complicated."
Feb 2016: During a CNN-Telemundo debate later that day, Trump said he wanted to release his tax returns, but could not while he's under audit. "I've had it for years. I get audited. And obviously if I'm being audited, I'm not going to release a return," he said. "As soon as the audit is done, I love it."
Feb 2016: "Tax experts throughout the media agree that no sane person would give their tax returns during an audit," he said. "After the audit, no problem!"
MAY 11, 2016Trump tells the Associated Press that his taxes are under "routine audit" and he will release them when the audit is done. "I would release my tax returns when audit is complete, not after election!" he tweeted about the interview.
Sept 2016: Trump says during the first presidential debate that his taxes will be released once an audit is finished.
October 2016: Pencesaid that trump is "going to release his tax returns when the audit is over."
Jan 2017: Kellyanne Conway said on ABC's "This Week" that "the White House response is that he's not going to release his tax returns."

You want more or does this bring you up to date? Now again: Are these gaffes? Lies? Shell games?
Why don't you explain this to us?
Perfect. He's going to release his returns, after the audit, the never-ending audit.