Privatize everything

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Long before the internet, the Post office was dying because of private competitors (FedEx, UPS DHL) who did it better and cheaper considering the speed.

When you go to the DMV you get in line and meet a government worker who instead of taking out a pen and a smile to help you, tells you to get back to the end of the line because you made a small mistake when filling out the form. They don't work like they need your money because they know they already have it anyway.

It is obvious to say that the government is a monopoly. The only private company they have is the Federal Reserve who prints out fiat money and is protected by the government, blocking all other competing banks who want to bring back the gold standard. If all government departments could be privatized, including the military then it would save citizens a lot of money and thongs would be done much fast since people can get fired.

We have spent a trillion over in the Middle East just to get one man while killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people. A Private military could have done the job in much less time with a fraction of the cost with much lower and less expensive technology. Yes, some innocents will be mistakenly killed too. WAR IS HELL.

Many cities are using private companies to run their parks, libraries and clean up. They are all doing well because of it. My city hires private contractors to do all the street building. It is great since they put up a sign telling people the exact date they will be done and at night the turn on the floodlights and keep on working. They don't want to lose their contract to another company.

Departments of Welfare, Social Security, Education would greatly benefit if run by the private sector. Quality is a result of people fearing that they can and will be fired for not doing the best job.

Privatize everything and let the bidding begin.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
It's funny/not funny.

On the USPS, do FedEx and UPS deliver mail to every street address 5-6 days a week? Is either FedEx or UPS mentioned in the Constitution?

My local post office is a friendly place, helpful agents, competitive pricing and reliable delivery. Sorry your experience is ........ whatever it is.

My local DMV is staffed with competent, helpful, friendly people. Sorry your experience is ........ whatever it is.

Yes, it is obvious the federal government is a monopoly. When a nation's federal government isn't a monopoly, something like Iraq results.

The Fed sucks and should be abolished. My thanks to Ron Paul for helping me to see that.

I'm pretty sure the only thing our Founders would disapprove of more that the standing armed forces that keep the military-industrial complex well funded would be standing private armed forces.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I believe both FedEx and UPS deliver 7 days a week (not sure). I have even had packages delivered to me at 10 pm in order to meet their contract. When I am away, I will call them the security code and ask them to go ahead and leave the stuff in my backyard and they are happy to. They want my business.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I believe both FedEx and UPS deliver 7 days a week (not sure). I have even had packages delivered to me at 10 pm in order to meet their contract. When I am away, I will call them and give them ask to go ahead and leave the stuff in my backyard and they are happy to. They want my business.
Good for them.

Package delivery is the lucrative side of delivery services.

Reactions: intangible child
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
And good for me too. I have no problem paying for good service and I appreciate those that respect my money and bid for it.

Reactions: SkyChief
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
The USPS has competitive pricing, and my packages get to me and to my addressee on time or before.
This is very true. They have been forced to be competitive since they are dying out to private delivery services. Amazon and 7-11 also run a great service now. The post office is closing many offices all over the place. I think you are making my point on this one.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Do you REALLY want a fully capable military that is answerable ONLY to who ever signing the check ???
Absolutely since all one has to do is stop signing the check if they don't follow orders. Fire them and sign the check to a different army that will.

Please take a look at all the airports (there are about 20) that use private security instead of the TSA. Passengers are much happier with their friendly service and do not feel like suspected terrorists. This private security companies also get you through the line faster and are much better at finding contraband. Their training is much more intensive compared to TSA and they get hold weekly contests and get rewarded.

This is how you motivate people to do their best, you reward then for quality work and fire them for slacking on the job. Job security = complacency and laziness.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordy
Jun 2019
ROT
"Privatize everything and let the bidding begin."

And just how, exactly, does one pay for private cops, firemen, courts, roads, and Social Security?

We'll wait.

D7cNY.jpg

And let us not forget, private Covid-19 tests, treatments, and vaccine...