Proof We Can't Take Joe Biden Seriously Anymore

May 2018
USA
I've not made my opinion of Joe Biden's candidacy a secret. I think he's well past his expiration date. Joe is old (77), and getting more decrepit all the time. I am sick and tired of old men, with no energy or ideas, running for President. Joe's a good man, but he's not as mentally sharp as he used to be. He's completely out of touch with today's America. A little while back he talked about marijuana being a "gateway drug", which has been debunked for decades. He frequently gaffes and backtracks.

Again, I'm tired of old men running for President. I want somebody younger, but old enough to be somewhat wise and yet have the energy to pursue their goals. Someone between, oh, 45-60 years old. Better to be at the front part of that span.

Here's what got me thinking about not taking Joe seriously anymore. He is now saying he wouldn't rule out at Republican VP candidate on his ticket. How crazy dumb is that? ALL the Republicans in DC are utter scum and a disgrace to their offices and have lined up to defend a treasonous, imbecilic asshole and are willing to smear Biden to do it.....and Joe says "duh, I wouldn't rule out a Republican running mate".

Dec 2015
Arizona
I've not made my opinion of Joe Biden's candidacy a secret. I think he's well past his expiration date. Joe is old (77), and getting more decrepit all the time. I am sick and tired of old men, with no energy or ideas, running for President. Joe's a good man, but he's not as mentally sharp as he used to be. He's completely out of touch with today's America. A little while back he talked about marijuana being a "gateway drug", which has been debunked for decades. He frequently gaffes and backtracks.

Again, I'm tired of old men running for President. I want somebody younger, but old enough to be somewhat wise and yet have the energy to pursue their goals. Someone between, oh, 45-60 years old. Better to be at the front part of that span.

Here's what got me thinking about not taking Joe seriously anymore. He is now saying he wouldn't rule out at Republican VP candidate on his ticket. How crazy dumb is that? ALL the Republicans in DC are utter scum and a disgrace to their offices and have lined up to defend a treasonous, imbecilic asshole and are willing to smear Biden to do it.....and Joe says "duh, I wouldn't rule out a Republican running mate".

I agree with you.....but look at this from FiveThirtyEight:
Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 6.25.22 AM.png
The top three are all 70something. Biden has hardly budged in the polls so unless something weird happens (and it could) ONE of these three will be the nominee.
As far as a Republican VP.....? I can't imagine who that would be and neither can Joe. From his past statements he's leaning toward a woman veep or possibly a person/woman of color. But who knows? These candidates say a lot of "STUFF and nonsense" when they are campaigning.

Dec 2018
New England
I agree with you.....but look at this from FiveThirtyEight:
View attachment 7151
The top three are all 70something. Biden has hardly budged in the polls so unless something weird happens (and it could) ONE of these three will be the nominee.
As far as a Republican VP.....? I can't imagine who that would be and neither can Joe. From his past statements he's leaning toward a woman veep or possibly a person/woman of color. But who knows? These candidates say a lot of "STUFF and nonsense" when they are campaigning.
The only one likely to emerge outside of this group is Bloomberg, but I believe he's even older than Biden (by a few months).

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Biden has the best chance of beating Trump. You want Trump gone, unite behind Biden. Any other choice right now is to guarantee Trump 2020 victory.

Dec 2015
Arizona
i wanted to vomit when Joe joined the crowded field. just enough already ugh...

:confused:
I'm betting JOE's last few weeks haven't been exactly "cheery", but he had to know that his candidacy would be PLAGUED with controversy. In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been more scandal drudged up. I think Joe is nuts for running (at his age), but these guys NEVER retire--NEVER give up their power/prestige.
But....if JOE can beat Trump---I'm in. What choice do we have?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Biden has the best chance of beating Trump. You want Trump gone, unite behind Biden. Any other choice right now is to guarantee Trump 2020 victory.
as much as I don't like it, this may be correct

that being said, I can't think of one Repub who I'd accept as a running mate for him, and that is key, given his age.

Reactions: Clara007
Feb 2006
California

Biden thinks old, Sanders is fresh and thinks about reality and the American people!

1577803715475.png

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Previously Florida has ended up a very significant state in presidential elections. A second poll has now come out that states Biden is the only Dem candidate polling higher than Trump. That scares me.

I too think Biden is too old and is last year's man. I don't want Warren as president either. That's a change for me, but I really want her in the WH, a business function of course. But mostly I want Trump gone.

I keep hoping it's early days yet and things will change.

Reactions: Clara007