Propaganda in Everyday American Life

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
How do you get from "much" to "about 90%?"
Well, the first article I read on the subject, I think the source was NPR or PBS, used the figure 90%. As i read furthwer on the subject I sa other equally credible sources using figures slightly higher, some slightly lower.
So, I picked the Fortune article as the one to post here as it did not mention a very specific percentage in an attempt to avoid the standand RW conservative tactic of "if ONE detail cannot be proven then the entire arguement/point must be thrown out". I see that attempt was futile.

Shall I play your game Nat/ Gee, then you're Ok with it if the figure is 89% and NOT 90?"

You people!!

Dec 2018
New England
Well, the first article I read on the subject, I think the source was NPR or PBS, used the figure 90%. As i read furthwer on the subject I sa other equally credible sources using figures slightly higher, some slightly lower.
So, I picked the Fortune article as the one to post here as it did not mention a very specific percentage in an attempt to avoid the standand RW conservative tactic of "if ONE detail cannot be proven then the entire arguement/point must be thrown out". I see that attempt was futile.

Shall I play your game Nat/ Gee, then you're Ok with it if the figure is 89% and NOT 90?"

You people!!
The larger point, Hollywood, is are we suffering from excessive propaganda in the sense that accurate reporting of events is difficult to come by as it was, say, for the the citizens of the Soviet Union of last century or China's in this century. I think the answer in 2019 America is categorically "no." In fact, I would assert that it has never been easier for the average citizen to find a full range of opinions on just about any subject at anytime in human history.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
The larger point, Hollywood, is are we suffering from excessive propaganda in the sense that accurate reporting of events is difficult to come by as it was, say, for the the citizens of the Soviet Union of last century or China's in this century. I think the answer in 2019 America is categorically "no." In fact, I would assert that it has never been easier for the average citizen to find a full range of opinions on just about any subject at anytime in human history.

You asked me a question.
I answered it.
APPROX. 90% of ALL the media in the U.S. owned by a handfful of corporations and you apparantly think that's a great idea.
Amazing.

Dec 2018
New England
You asked me a question.
I answered it.
APPROX. 90% of ALL the media in the U.S. owned by a handfful of corporations and you apparantly think that's a great idea.
Amazing.
Anyone can post facts (or what they believe to be facts). The question should always be "what do they mean?"

Apr 2013
Left coast
Just guessing but cherry-picking MIGHT be the point OR could be the typical 7th-grade defense:
*Obama did it too.
*Obama did it first.
*Obama was worse.

It's not fair...?
There is one rock solid, irrefutable fact that all the good Trumpanzees can take to the bank and they do so with great pride. Their Dear Leader is orders of magnitude ahead of whoever is in second place in terms of telling out and out bullshit lies. He has lately given up the pretext of starting from the kernel of truth and just tells total fabrications and they lap it up, again and again and again and again ...

Dec 2015
Arizona
There is one rock solid, irrefutable fact that all the good Trumpanzees can take to the bank and they do so with great pride. Their Dear Leader is orders of magnitude ahead of whoever is in second place in terms of telling out and out bullshit lies. He has lately given up the pretext of starting from the kernel of truth and just tells total fabrications and they lap it up, again and again and again and again ...

They've BONDED...don't cha know?