QUESTION: Does anyone believe Republicans.....

Feb 2018
Oregon
QUESTION: Does anyone believe Republicans have a "right" to include legal defense for Trump in the impeachment inquiry that is going on in the House?

Compare this inquiry phase to the investigational process carried out by an attorney when a client hires the attorney to bring charges against a defendant. Should the claimant's attorney be required to answer to and defend against the denials and objections of the defendant's attorney during the investigational process?

Reactions: foundit66
Dec 2015
Arizona
QUESTION: Does anyone believe Republicans have a "right" to include legal defense for Trump in the impeachment inquiry that is going on in the House?

Compare this inquiry phase to the investigational process carried out by an attorney when a client hires the attorney to bring charges against a defendant. Should the claimant's attorney be required to answer to and defend against the denials and objections of the defendant's attorney during the investigational process?
I think I understand your point, but maybe you're asking the wrong question. The question isn't about the GOP's right. It's HOW can they defend the president's behavior when it's time to give up the process complaints--and time is coming fast?
The GOP is still haranguing "the process" while the president (and Jared) have already moved on to the behavior--the phone call--and the president is still chanting: Read the transcript because he doesn't think he's done anything wrong. This may be one of the few times Dotard isn't lying. AND I'm not sure the GOP even grasps the seriousness of this situation.
The president’s supporters must reckon with an impulsive and poorly organized defense by a president who has relied, among other counsel, on the likes of Rudy Giuliani. Trump's supporters must have literally gasped out loud when Trump suggested a "fireside chat" in order to read the transcript ALOUD to the American people because he's convinced that ONCE the voters HEAR HIM SPEAK the words---he'll be cleared.
Kushner and Trump seem to share the view that the best defense should focus on the facts and not process. The GOP is STUCK on the process. WHY? Because they know exactly what the president did. So they're playing for TIME, yammering about the process.
Here's what one journalist said:
"The Republicans have one heavy burden to carry, which may in the end catch up to them: Donald Trump, and all that comes with him—the ignorance about the matters within his official responsibility, his inability to distinguish the legal from the illegal, his habitual disregard for even basic norms and for rudimentary standards of truth-telling, and the obsessional and crudely self-referential tweeting and personal commentary. This is where the politics and law of impeachment may eventually converge. Enough Republican senators may conclude that Trump should not be president and that, in defending him, they are putting themselves and their party at fatal political risk." Bob Bauer

For now, Trump and his Republican supporters are taking their stand on process and playing for time. But that is just for now. It is all in flux.

Reactions: intangible child
Feb 2006
California
The Republican's have a feverish flux!

What is the disease called flux?

Dysentery is an inflammatory disease of the intestine, especially of the colon, which always results in severe diarrhea and abdominal pains. Other symptoms may include fever and a feeling of incomplete defecation.

The disease is caused by several types of infectious pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and parasites.

The disease for which there is no cure!

1572651275502.png

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Apr 2019
America
The Republican's have a feverish flux!

What is the disease called flux?

Dysentery is an inflammatory disease of the intestine, especially of the colon, which always results in severe diarrhea and abdominal pains. Other symptoms may include fever and a feeling of incomplete defecation.

The disease is caused by several types of infectious pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and parasites.

The disease for which there is no cure!

View attachment 5601
You make them sound like victims, don't you like victims anymore?

Nov 2005
California
You make them sound like victims, don't you like victims anymore?
Of course they are not victims.
But they are pretending to be victims.

And the fact that you actually posted in this thread while completely avoiding the topic is glaring... :yes:

Like I and others have been pointing out, Repubs are trying to pretend they are being victimized and Trump's rights violated and procedures not being followed, but it's all smoke and mirrors. You guys seriously cannot discuss specifics.

My answer: No.

And I'm making a prediction. While Repubs repeatedly claim this wrong, they will do absolutely nothing about it given the capability / power to do so. At some point in the inevitable future, Republicans will have control of the House and Senate again and they will have the capability to change the rules to "fix" the thing they claim is wrong now.
But they will not do it. Because they know this is a faux complaint. And they know that if the shoe is on the other foot and they are interested in impeaching a Democrat president they will not want to be hindered as they pretend the impeachment proceedings should be impeded now.

Reactions: intangible child
Feb 2006
California
Of course they are not victims.
But they are pretending to be victims.

And the fact that you actually posted in this thread while completely avoiding the topic is glaring... :yes:

Like I and others have been pointing out, Repubs are trying to pretend they are being victimized and Trump's rights violated and procedures not being followed, but it's all smoke and mirrors. You guys seriously cannot discuss specifics.

My answer: No.

And I'm making a prediction. While Repubs repeatedly claim this wrong, they will do absolutely nothing about it given the capability / power to do so. At some point in the inevitable future, Republicans will have control of the House and Senate again and they will have the capability to change the rules to "fix" the thing they claim is wrong now.
But they will not do it. Because they know this is a faux complaint. And they know that if the shoe is on the other foot and they are interested in impeaching a Democrat president they will not want to be hindered as they pretend the impeachment proceedings should be impeded now.
They snivel like their god! ROTFMAO

1572658202132.png

1572658357661.png