Questions for Coronavirus Nay-sayers

Nov 2005
California
There are at least a couple of people on this forum who think the coronavirus risk is exaggerated.

One of them has gone on record in claiming it is no more than a cold.

The second... I don't believe has provided any real standards for what level of problem he thinks is occurring, but rather just blindly chastises any criticism of Trump as "bashing". Ironically, evidently appreciative of Trump's efforts to block travel (which could be viewed as unnecessary) but at the same time he bashes groups that follow the CDC recommendations on the issue. (CDC => i.e. the guys who work for Trump)
Of course, not stating a real standard also allows a convenient capability to continually move the goal-posts and I think ultimately that part of the "strategy".

Heck. Even Trump is toning down his rhetoric which Pence (loosely) categorized as irresponsible.

With this in mind, what would it take for those who claim that the coronavirus "hype" is wrong in order for them to think otherwise?
Or maybe just to question their position...

Is there a fatality level which, if reached, would cause them to think they might have it wrong?
Will hospitals filling up cause them to question their position?

What would it take to change your minds?

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
Trump promised that a 'miracle' will end the Wuhan virus pandemic:

"One day it's like a miracle, it [the corona virus] will disappear.”

Good enough for me! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Neil
Nov 2005
California
Trump promised that a 'miracle' will end the Wuhan virus pandemic:
"One day it's like a miracle, it [the corona virus] will disappear.”
Good enough for me! :cool:
So absolutely nothing related to what you have said would change your mind.

Such a statement from Trump, at its roots, is absolutely idiotic. Every flu strain could be said to "disappear" as it runs its course through the population.
Even the most virulent plagues in history would fit that description under a myopic view => black death, spanish flu, bubonic plague...
Incredibly devastating diseases, but fits Trump's buffoonish description if you squint one eye and blink enough to ignore the truth.

But thanks for answering.
You've helped to prove what I suspected...

Reactions: Lyzza
Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
There are at least a couple of people on this forum who think the coronavirus risk is exaggerated.

One of them has gone on record in claiming it is no more than a cold.

The second... I don't believe has provided any real standards for what level of problem he thinks is occurring, but rather just blindly chastises any criticism of Trump as "bashing". Ironically, evidently appreciative of Trump's efforts to block travel (which could be viewed as unnecessary) but at the same time he bashes groups that follow the CDC recommendations on the issue. (CDC => i.e. the guys who work for Trump)
Of course, not stating a real standard also allows a convenient capability to continually move the goal-posts and I think ultimately that part of the "strategy".

Heck. Even Trump is toning down his rhetoric which Pence (loosely) categorized as irresponsible.

With this in mind, what would it take for those who claim that the coronavirus "hype" is wrong in order for them to think otherwise?
Or maybe just to question their position...

Is there a fatality level which, if reached, would cause them to think they might have it wrong?

What would it take to change your minds?
As with everything else he commands his minions to do with whatever hypnosis he uses, they will follow him off the lemming cliff regardless of how many die....probably even their own mother.

Reactions: Lyzza
Feb 2020
Houston
I would have to be given a reason start trusting politicians on this issue. That could be done, thusly:

A meeting followed by a joint press conference that includes Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Sanders, Warren and Gabbard. So that's the most senior Democrat plus the three remaining Dem candidates and Warren who should be there for reasons I'll explain later. On the other "side," Trump, Pence (by teleconference), Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnel, and Justice Clarence Thomas.

Only Nancy and Donald speak and they take no questions, offering spox folx to answer after they leave.

Nancy first, I think, but it wouldn't matter much.

Pelosi: (after suitable greetings) "I would just like to remind our constituents and supporters that the reaction to the COVID should not be a part of our campaign to win the White House in November. As you know, all of us have taken issue with the way President Trump has handled this crises and we have just finished expressing that at length.

"The President listened."

"Now I our presidential candidates have agreed to stop talking about this crises on campaign stops and in ads. They will submit, in writing, any practical suggestions they have, but their focus will be on how the nation will be better when one of them moves into the White House in January 2021."

"I will be the voice of Democratic voters on this issue. As such, I will be talking about ways to tackle this issue and I will not hesitate to offer criticism of the president when I disagree with his actions. But I pray that both sides will drop the bickering and work together to solve it. Thank you."

Then the Donald:

Trump: I want to thank Speaker Pelosi for arranging this meeting. Yes, I listened. Not only that, I heard. I allowed mistrust of my political opposition to blind me to the fact that the American people need reassurance when they see tragedy in other countries that might be visited upon us as well.

I will not be campaigning any more. I run on my record which I am confident will keep me in the White House the next four years."

From now until the end of December, I will focus my energy on all issues that affect the American people including this one. However, Vice President Pence will be my point man and spokesman for this issue. I, too, ask my constituents to stop assuming that everything my political opposition does is to hurt me and therefore must be phony. Analyze the facts and their presentation and make your own decisions. Together, we can and will get through this."

That's what they should say.

Now, as to a "fatality level," for me to say I "might have it wrong." We're there. I might have it wrong.

I think what you mean to ask is what would it take for me to say that the Dems were right to hype up the hysteria and the Reps were right to play along when they know better. Historical precedent and comparisons to other ongoing tragedies are my guidelines. To change my mind about that, you would have to show me that history and current events are not real.

We had many more deaths during the H1N1 virus and nowhere near the hysteria. That was 2009, what was different?

We had 22 deaths per day on the roads in 2019. We have never considered shutting down roads. Ironically, all the coronavirus shut downs will reduce travel so maybe road deaths will drop to as low a single digits. Remember, that is a reduction to less than ten per day.

I've been trying to find stats on the number of Americans killed in Iraq. It passed 7,000 in 2019. Three presidents have perpetuated the endless wars but the media hasn't had a problem with it since Bush left office. Not to mention the number of our "allies" and "enemies" that have lost their lives.

There is an event called the Worlds Largest Swimming Lesson in June of this year to prevent accidental drownings. The organization reports that 360,000 people died by drowning in 2015. In the U.S alone, it was thousands, most of them children. We don't shut down swimming pools and boating docks. But . . . if this hysteria continues, the WLSL likely will be shut down due to fears of coronavirus.

Does that make sense to you?

Dec 2019
Europe
Presently soldiers of the people’s liberation army of China and the people’s liberation army of Korea are walking in the streets of Chinese cities and kill, kidnap from their houses politically and religiously dissenting citizens of China, in particular, Christians, under the false diagnosis of non-existent illness coronavirus. Thereafter they are brought to hospitals, drugged, tortured and raped for so-called re-education, because politically and religiously dissenting citizens of China are speaking in China and worldwide with regard of the abominations of the communist party of China, in particular, with regard to trade in Chinese women and girls abroad carried out by the officials of the communist party of China.

More than 2000 Chinese Christians were killed by Chinese communists, more than 100000 Chinese Christians were enslaved by Chinese communists, who spoke in China and worldwide with regard of the abominations of the communist party of China, in particular, with regard to trade in Chinese women and girls abroad carried out by the officials of the communist party of China. Presently, US and international terrorist steven seagall, an agent of the North Korean intelligence, is actively engaged in murder of Chinese Christians. Presently, Chinese doctors of medicine who refuse to treat Chinese men and women for non-existent coronavirus, are declared by Chinese communists to be infected with non-existent coronavirus, drugged, tortured, raped and murdered by Chinese communists.

There is no coronavirus, there is a common cold and temperature: believe ye not Chinese communist propaganda and welcome persecuted Chinese Christians fleeing to America and demanding freedom from communism for the Chinese people.

In fact so-called coronavirus does not objectively exist, there is temperature and common cold. I am classical scientist, and classical science considers what exists objectively in material world, that is that can be seen by an eye of a man and a woman, that can be heard with an ear of a man and a woman, that can be weighted in the scales with precision
+ / - 5 milligrams, that can be measured by measuring rod with precision + / -5 millimeters. So-called coronavirus does not objectively exist, because coronavirus cannot be seen
by an eye of a man and a woman, because coronavirus cannot be heard with an ear of a man and a woman, cannot be weighted in the scales with precision
+ / - 5 milligrams, cannot be measured by measuring rod with precision + / -5 millimeters.

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
I would have to be given a reason start trusting politicians on this issue. . . . Does that make sense to you?
It makes sense, but it will never happen.

Dems will exploit the corona virus pandemic for political gain. You can take that to the bank.

The president held a rose garden conference a few minutes ago. He had a very somber tone and only used the word 'tremendous' six times.

His handlers' efforts are paying off.

Reactions: Neil

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I would have to be given a reason start trusting politicians on this issue. That could be done, thusly:

A meeting followed by a joint press conference that includes Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Sanders, Warren and Gabbard. So that's the most senior Democrat plus the three remaining Dem candidates and Warren who should be there for reasons I'll explain later. On the other "side," Trump, Pence (by teleconference), Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnel, and Justice Clarence Thomas.

Only Nancy and Donald speak and they take no questions, offering spox folx to answer after they leave.

Nancy first, I think, but it wouldn't matter much.

Pelosi: (after suitable greetings) "I would just like to remind our constituents and supporters that the reaction to the COVID should not be a part of our campaign to win the White House in November. As you know, all of us have taken issue with the way President Trump has handled this crises and we have just finished expressing that at length.

"The President listened."

"Now I our presidential candidates have agreed to stop talking about this crises on campaign stops and in ads. They will submit, in writing, any practical suggestions they have, but their focus will be on how the nation will be better when one of them moves into the White House in January 2021."

"I will be the voice of Democratic voters on this issue. As such, I will be talking about ways to tackle this issue and I will not hesitate to offer criticism of the president when I disagree with his actions. But I pray that both sides will drop the bickering and work together to solve it. Thank you."

Then the Donald:

Trump: I want to thank Speaker Pelosi for arranging this meeting. Yes, I listened. Not only that, I heard. I allowed mistrust of my political opposition to blind me to the fact that the American people need reassurance when they see tragedy in other countries that might be visited upon us as well.

I will not be campaigning any more. I run on my record which I am confident will keep me in the White House the next four years."

From now until the end of December, I will focus my energy on all issues that affect the American people including this one. However, Vice President Pence will be my point man and spokesman for this issue. I, too, ask my constituents to stop assuming that everything my political opposition does is to hurt me and therefore must be phony. Analyze the facts and their presentation and make your own decisions. Together, we can and will get through this."

That's what they should say.

Now, as to a "fatality level," for me to say I "might have it wrong." We're there. I might have it wrong.

I think what you mean to ask is what would it take for me to say that the Dems were right to hype up the hysteria and the Reps were right to play along when they know better. Historical precedent and comparisons to other ongoing tragedies are my guidelines. To change my mind about that, you would have to show me that history and current events are not real.

We had many more deaths during the H1N1 virus and nowhere near the hysteria. That was 2009, what was different?

We had 22 deaths per day on the roads in 2019. We have never considered shutting down roads. Ironically, all the coronavirus shut downs will reduce travel so maybe road deaths will drop to as low a single digits. Remember, that is a reduction to less than ten per day.

I've been trying to find stats on the number of Americans killed in Iraq. It passed 7,000 in 2019. Three presidents have perpetuated the endless wars but the media hasn't had a problem with it since Bush left office. Not to mention the number of our "allies" and "enemies" that have lost their lives.

There is an event called the Worlds Largest Swimming Lesson in June of this year to prevent accidental drownings. The organization reports that 360,000 people died by drowning in 2015. In the U.S alone, it was thousands, most of them children. We don't shut down swimming pools and boating docks. But . . . if this hysteria continues, the WLSL likely will be shut down due to fears of coronavirus.

Does that make sense to you?
You seem to miss the point that this is a very contagious disease with a much higher death rate. Numbers of deaths is still low in the US but they are accelerating. The numbers are still accelerating in Italy even with there essentially total shut-down. So comparing vehicle deaths and swimming pool deaths is invalid since the Covid death numbers are growing strongly.

Then there is the fact that there are active programs and a framework of laws trying to lower vehicle deaths. And there are active programs and a framework of laws trying to lower drowning deaths. Why do you think active programs and a framework of laws trying to lower Covid deaths is silly?