Questions for Coronavirus Nay-sayers

Nov 2005
California
Probably around a million since that is roughly the number who die from the common flu each year worldwide.
What is it with people and just making stupid crap up?
The CDC predicts that at least 12,000 Americans will die from the flu in any given year.​

World-wide, it's not "a million" either.

But I get your desire to lie to make it harder for you to have to face the truth.

Take a look at this live chart:
Deaths:
What is it with people who are unable to comprehend the difference between a disease that HAS JUST STARTED TO BE SPREAD and an annual death rate.
The first death in the U.S. was in March.

Reactions: leekohler2
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
What is it with people and just making stupid crap up?
The CDC predicts that at least 12,000 Americans will die from the flu in any given year.​

World-wide, it's not "a million" either.

But I get your desire to lie to make it harder for you to have to face the truth.

What is it with people who are unable to comprehend the difference between a disease that HAS JUST STARTED TO BE SPREAD and an annual death rate.
The first death in the U.S. was in March.
Well, a million seems like a good number. But let me just check to make sure.
OK, so according to the first website I clicked:

56,000 people die a year from flu or flu-like symptoms in America. Divide that by 12 and it comes out to 4,600 a month, though probably much more in the cold months and less in the warmer months. So far, we have only had 60 or so deaths in America in March (as to when you say it started) and a bit over 5000 cases worldwide and mostly in China. So even going by your numbers are we at least 4,540 people short in America and we are hundreds of thousands of people short worldwide. And your numbers are much more strict than mine.

foundit66, did you stock up on toilet paper? Because I suggest you go to the bathroom, grab some toilet paper, wipe your ass, blow your nose and DRY YOUR TEARS!

hahaha!

Last edited:
Nov 2005
California
Well, a million seems like a good number.
Well, if you're just going to make up numbers, "a million" sure seems like a good number (for you) to make up.

But let me just check to make sure.
56,000 people die a year from flu or flu-like symptoms in America.
There rests the discrepancy.
"flu-like symptoms" is not the same as the flu.

Divide that by 12 and it comes out to 4,600 a month, though probably much more in the cold months and less in the warmer months. So far, we have only had 100 deaths in America in the in march (as to when you say it started) and a bit over 5000 cases worldwide and mostly in China. So even going by your numbers are we at least 900 people short in America and we are hundreds of thousands of people short worldwide. And your numbers are generous
How many times do I have to tell you the amount of time for the virus to build up impacts the situation?
Of course, that's a rhetorical question because the facts don't do a damn bit of difference for you... :rolleyes:

You keep looking at "the flu" like it's a simple one-item thing, but it's not.
The coronavirus we are looking at is ONE STRAIN.
"The flu" is made up of MANY DIFFERENT STRAINS that appear during a year. So if you're going to try to compare COVID-19 to "the flu", then you need to recognize it's the equivalent of comparing one apple to bushelS of apples.

There are four types of influenza viruses: A, B, C and D. Human influenza A and B viruses cause seasonal epidemics of disease (known as the flu season) almost every winter in the United States. Influenza A viruses are the only influenza viruses known to cause flu pandemics, i.e., global epidemics of flu disease. A pandemic can occur when a new and very different influenza A virus emerges that both infects people and has the ability to spread efficiently between people.

Influenza A viruses are divided into subtypes based on two proteins on the surface of the virus: hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N). There are 18 different hemagglutinin subtypes and 11 different neuraminidase subtypes (H1 through H18 and N1 through N11, respectively). While there are potentially 198 different influenza A subtype combinations, only 131 subtypes have been detected in nature. Current subtypes of influenza A viruses that routinely circulate in people include: A(H1N1) and A(H3N2). Influenza A subtypes can be further broken down into different genetic “clades” and “sub-clades.” See the “Influenza Viruses” graphic below for a visual depiction of these classifications.​

Also, like I explained repeatedly, COVD-19 IS JUST STARTING. It has just begun to spread.
Thus, the question I asked which you are obviously looking to stack the deck against an honest answer...

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
By your own admittance, there are many strains of flu right? Many bushels, right. Just look at what you just said up there. So are you a hypochondriac?

It's just a chest cold buddy and it is only dangerous to old people and others who have weekends immune systems. I personally have changed my mind and do not want to get it now since it is too weak. I wanted to get something stronger like the real flu in order to strengthen my body. As I said, I haven't been sick for many years and am overdue.

The real issue is not a health issue. The real issue is a political and economical issue.

How about me and you have a little bet? If the average number of newly reported coronavirus cases goes down then you get out of town and if it goes up then I do? Fair?

And some financial advice for you, because of the fake news, mortgage rates are at an all-time low so it might be a good time to refinance your house if you own one or buy one if you don't. One of the developers who I have bought from before just emailed me a brochure and would like me to look it over and let them know if I am interested in investing in the new project they are building at 2% off opening offer since I am an old client and another 2% discount after that as an incentive. It will tell them to get back to me if they can go above 4%.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Well, a million seems like a good number. But let me just check to make sure.

56,000 people die a year from flu or flu-like symptoms in America. Divide that by 12 and it comes out to 4,600 a month, though probably much more in the cold months and less in the warmer months. So far, we have only had 60 or so deaths in America in March (as to when you say it started) and a bit over 5000 cases worldwide and mostly in China. So even going by your numbers are we at least 4,540 people short in America and we are hundreds of thousands of people short worldwide. And your numbers are much more strict than mine.

foundit66, did you stock up on toilet paper? Because I suggest you go to the bathroom, grab some toilet paper, wipe your ass, blow your nose and DRY YOUR TEARS!

hahaha!
There may be a confluence of biology, bad decision-making, mathematics, and virology that will cull the population of those unwilling to recognize a threat.

Reactions: tecoyah
Dec 2018
Indiana
Prophetic irony from President Blowhard and his sycophants during the 2016 campaign:

... Montana’s lone congressman introduced Trump to the crowd, warning the audience that a Hillary Clinton presidency would be disastrous for national security. He cited the terrorist attack on Benghazi as a Clinton failure and predicted worse to come under the Iran nuclear arms agreement.

The crowd loved it. They loved it when Trump proclaimed President Barack Obama as a gift to President Jimmy Carter’s reputation. ...

“He is the single best thing to happen to Jimmy Carter,” Trump said, “Because a lot of people are no longer looking at Jimmy Carter as our worst president." ...

... Eating up Trump’s every word was a different kind of the Red Hat Society, mostly males, mostly white, with the words “make America great again” emblazoned above the bills of their ball caps. They were an audience of true believers, insisting like teenage fans of a red hot rock band that they were with Trump from the start, long before his meteoric rise to the top of the political charts. ...

... “We’re going to win. We’re going to win so much. We’re going to win at trade, we’re going to win at the border. We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning, you’re going to come to me and go ‘Please, please, we can’t win anymore.’ You’ve heard this one. You’ll say ‘Please, Mr. President, we beg you sir, we don’t want to win anymore. It’s too much. It’s not fair to everybody else.’” Trump said. “And I’m going to say ‘I’m sorry, but we’re going to keep winning, winning, winning ...

... Trump: 'We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning'

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
By your own admittance, there are many strains of flu right? Many bushels, right. Just look at what you just said up there. So are you a hypochondriac?

It's just a chest cold buddy and it is only dangerous to old people and others who have weekends immune systems. I personally have changed my mind and do not want to get it now since it is too weak. I wanted to get something stronger like the real flu in order to strengthen my body. As I said, I haven't been sick for many years and am overdue.

The real issue is not a health issue. The real issue is a political and economical issue.

How about me and you have a little bet? If the average number of newly reported coronavirus cases goes down then you get out of town and if it goes up then I do? Fair?

And some financial advice for you, because of the fake news, mortgage rates are at an all-time low so it might be a good time to refinance your house if you own one or buy one if you don't. One of the developers who I have bought from before just emailed me a brochure and would like me to look it over and let them know if I am interested in investing in the new project they are building at 2% off opening offer since I am an old client and another 2% discount after that as an incentive. It will tell them to get back to me if they can go above 4%.
I wonder if @FreeToChoose would unhesitatingly go to Wuhan China.

• Haha
Reactions: foundit66
Nov 2005
California
What I'm talking about is documentable fact. In fact, I DID DOCUMENT THE FACT.
Instead of showing any capability to refute that, you throw out an insult.

It's mostly dangerous to old people and people with various immune system situations, which is discussed here. Diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, asthma and other issues have now been added to that list.

Quite frankly, for your own sake I don't give a damn if you play in traffic.
The real problem you present is that such idiocy causes problems for others and thus while traffic is stopped to try to get an ambulance on the scene, you inconvenience others.

All you do on the issue of the coronavirus is you talk and talk and talk.
NOT ONE IOTA of your blather is backed up by hard facts or documentable data points. Even worse, you completely fail to understand even the most rudimentary of facts like how the "flu virus" is actually a spectrum of different flu strains.

Even anybody casually THINKING about the name "COVID-19" should stop and realize that the number "19" isn't something somebody just threw on there to sound pretty.

What does such a bet even mean to you in the first place?
What do you think it would prove?

You aren't trying to bet on the mortality rate of the situation (i.e. how dangerous it is). This is the primary part of the idiocy you have pushed that is just nonsense.

So now that the government is actually taking action and areas are actively pushing restrictions to mitigate new infections, you want me to bet against those restrictions being effective (i.e. new infections will go down)?
Is that seriously what you're trying to do here?

The whole point of these measures is to delay the overall transmission rate. To try to shift the infection rate from the first curve to the second curve.

And you want me to bet against this being accomplished, now that Trump has stopped being a completely irredeemable moron??? (He is now a partially irredeemable moron.)
Your bet, in and of itself, is profoundly stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: leekohler2