Questions for Coronavirus Nay-sayers

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
What I'm talking about is documentable fact. In fact, I DID DOCUMENT THE FACT.
Instead of showing any capability to refute that, you throw out an insult.

It's mostly dangerous to old people and people with various immune system situations, which is discussed here.

Quite frankly, for your own sake I don't give a damn if you play in traffic.
The real problem you present is that such idiocy causes problems for others and thus while traffic is stopped to try to get an ambulance on the scene, you inconvenience others.

All you do on the issue of the coronavirus is you talk and talk and talk.
NOT ONE IOTA of your blather is backed up by hard facts or documentable data points. Even worse, you completely fail to understand even the most rudimentary of facts like how the "flu virus" is actually a spectrum of different flu strains.

Even anybody casually THINKING about the name "COVID-19" should stop and realize that the number "19" isn't something somebody just threw on there to sound pretty.

What does such a bet even mean to you in the first place?

So now that the government is actually taking action and areas are actively pushing restrictions to mitigate new infections, you want me to bet against those restrictions being effective?
Is that seriously what you're trying to do here?
I smell KFC.
If you are so adamant that this corona sniffles is going to wreck the world and that I am being too dismissive of the "threat" and being a danger to all by not panicking then let's make a little bet:

2 months (60days).
If the average number of newly reported coronavirus cases goes down then you announce that you leave. Ask the administration to ban or delete your account and don't come back. No sock puppets either. I will do the same If the average number of newly reported coronavirus cases goes up.

You want to back up your talk with google links, I prefer to talk the talk and walk the walk. Deal?

Nov 2005
California
I smell KFC.
If you are so adamant that this corona sniffles is going to wreck the world ...
Where did I say it was going to "wreck the world"?
Hint: I didn't.

...and that I am being too dismissive of the "threat" and being a danger to all by not panicking ...
You are being an idiot, but I never insinuated anything regarding your PERSONAL situation.

If you are not in a risk group, then it's entirely likely that you will not have any problems. DID I EVER CLAIM OTHERWISE?
The truthful answer is NO.

The reality of the situation is that I have compassion and concern for others, while you obviously either do not or you can't be troubled with understanding the reality of the situation before pompously pretending you know something you obviously do not.

We have approximately 13 million people in the U.S. over the age of 80
A mortality of 14.8% for age 80+ gives us 1,876,000 dead. The number is obviously high as it assumes 100% infection rate.
Assuming 20% infection rate, that gives us 375,000 80+ dead from this virus alone.

And any reduction in infection rate will occur IN SPITE OF the foolishness of people like you.

then let's make a little bet:
2 months (60days).
If the average number of newly reported coronavirus cases goes down then you announce that you leave. Ask the administration to ban or delete your account and don't come back. No sock puppets either. I will do the same If the average number of newly reported coronavirus cases goes up.
You want to back up your talk with google links, I prefer to talk the talk and walk the walk. Deal?
Are you really this clueless that I explain why your "bet" is stupid and you refuse to listen?

Now that the government is actually taking action and areas are actively pushing restrictions to mitigate new infections, you want me to bet against those restrictions being effective?
Is that seriously what you're trying to do here?

If nobody were doing anything to postpone infections, THEN your bet would have meaning. If Trump were seriously pushing that the coronavirus was not going to cause any problem
But what we have is smart people working to postpone infections (reduce new infection rate) and you want me to bet they will fail???

Again, your bet is just plain stupid. You're betting on the side that is intelligently working IN SPITE OF your idiotic position.
You aren't even betting FOR your position with this.
Worse, you can't comprehend WHY that is the case...

Nov 2005
California
Ok, foundit66
Too much talk for me. So you are out, right?
If you are too stupid to understand the answer, then you don't deserve an answer.
I'm not going to dumb this down for you. Figure it out, or fail miserably in trying to figure it out.
I lose no sleep either way...

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
If you are too stupid to understand the answer, then you don't deserve an answer.
I'm not going to dumb this down for you. Figure it out, or fail miserably in trying to figure it out.
I lose no sleep either way...
You know when sitting down at the poker table, sometimes you get an indecisive guy that tells you that he thinks that you could be bluffing or pretending to be bluffing or that he knows that you know that he knows or that you know that he knows that you know blah blah blah...

At one point, you just have to shut him up by asking firmly:
"HEY! ARE YOU IN OR ARE YOU OUT?!"

Nov 2005
California
You know when sitting down at the poker table, sometimes you get an indecisive guy that tells you that he thinks that you could be bluffing or pretending to be bluffing or that he knows that you know that he knows or that you know that he knows that you know blah blah blah...

At one point, you just have to shut him up by asking firmly:
You know when you're sitting down at the poker table and one guy at the table doesn't understand English...
Doesn't understand the game...
And then he's trying to dictate to others how they should play?

Yeah. Nobody knows that because nobody bets poker with that guy.

Again, I'm not going to dumb it down because you want to be lazy and/or stay stupid.
I've answered your question.
So throw a tantrum and try to demand I dumb it down for you all you want.
Suits me just fine... ;)

Reactions: RNG
Nov 2005
California
Asked and answered.
Adding on one additional comment. When I've seen such bets in the past it often involves one member who recognizes their days on the forum are numbered (often because they recognize their own statements are going to come back to haunt them)...
You are ripe for that situation...

I've got a new "bet"
I bet you lack the intelligence to actually explain IN YOUR WORDS (without using my words) why I think your bet is stupid.
Prove me wrong? I quit posting here for 10 days.
If I'm right? You lose absolutely nothing. You don't have to change one iota.

I'll submit to ImagineThat and Panther's assessment for the ruling.
You in?
Or am I just plain right about this whole situation...

All it takes is for you to drop the troll act for one brief post and I'm gone for a week.

Last edited:
Feb 2020
Kalifornia
Even anybody casually THINKING about the name "COVID-19" should stop and realize that the number "19" isn't something somebody just threw on there to sound pretty.
The number 19 is not the number of strains - - 2019 is the year it started.

COVID-19 = COrona VIrus Disease 2019,

:D

• Haha
Reactions: FreeToChoose