Ralph Northam shouldn’t resign because of an old photo. He should resign because he's an idiot

Dec 2015
Arizona
Here it is in a nutshell:
On Saturday, the Virginia governor showed he is nearly every bit as stupid and tone-deaf as he was in college. Northam had a chance to show he is not the man that he was 35 years ago, and he blew it with an idiotic, hair-brained attempt at crisis management that would make even Anthony Weiner blush.

The governor should not be chased from office for things he did 20 or 30 years ago. He should be chased from office because can’t be trusted with a book of matches.

Jan 2014
I would hate to be a person of color and show up in the emergency room of one of those doctors that wore blackface or a white KKK suit during medical school. Would my emergency be treated with the same appropriate urgency as the Caucasian person on the next gurney?

Dec 2015
Arizona
I would hate to be a person of color and show up in the emergency room of one of those doctors that wore blackface or a white KKK suit during medical school. Would my emergency be treated with the same appropriate urgency as the Caucasian person on the next gurney?

Maybe not but I bet you'd be treated to an entertaining rendition of Al Jolson singing "Mammy". That might make you feel better??

May 2018
USA
In my opinion the excuses that Northam offered were more offensive than the old photos. He should've just said "I was a stupid college kid and did some stupid stuff" and let it go with that.