Rand Paul tests positive for COVID-19

Jul 2019
Georgia
Yes. That is a problem. At the same time, not to downplay this issue, but there is no need to panic or be afraid.
You're right,
however until she can get tested, or is cleared in some form, my son doesn't get to see his mom, and for all we know that could be weeks or even months

Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
sadly it's not available hardly anywhere

my ex-wife has possibly been exposed, in Gwinnett County (which is the suburbs of Atlanta) and can't find a way to get tested anywhere. Even the drive-thru testing facility in Cobb is very limited.
My wife is on the front lines, screening people for this and SHE cannot be tested unless proof of exposure is provided. Thing is, they wont even know if the person she screened has it for days but she will be there screening regardless. In my opinion we should all assume exposure and hope for no infection.

• Sad
Reactions: se7en and Panther
May 2018
USA
He is saying he is asymptotic and feeling fine, and the obligatory he got tested due to an overabundance of caution but had been travelling a lot so got tested. And it was positive.

But again, members of the Dopey Don administration keep telling us we don't need to be tested unless we are showing symptoms. But I guess that doesn't apply if you are rich, famous or connected.

But another thing that data from China is making clear. They now say that there is lots of transmission from asymptomatic people for way more days than was thought. So if Paul had followed official admin procedure he would be going around spreading his joy.

Oh my God! Would be terrible if Rand died!!

Reactions: se7en
Feb 2020
Houston
Maybe this will teach people who call themselves libertarian not to sell out to the Republican Party just to be elected to the Senate.

From Kentucky of all states.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
You're right,
however until she can get tested, or is cleared in some form, my son doesn't get to see his mom, and for all we know that could be weeks or even months
I'm sorry to hear that!

Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
Yes. That is a problem. At the same time, not to downplay this issue, but there is no need to panic or be afraid.
If you or a loved one has a chronic illness or a suppressed immune system, you have every reason to be afraid, try and take every precaution including prolonged isolation

Reactions: tecoyah

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
If you or a loved one has a chronic illness or a suppressed immune system, you have every reason to be afraid, try and take every precaution including prolonged isolation
I can't. Never thought i would be in this position to say that my job is one of the critical ones the government exempts from closure.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I can't. Never thought i would be in this position to say that my job is one of the critical ones the government exempts from closure.
Mine too.

I met a woman yesterday who I'm guessing was in her 50's and she said she's never lived through anything like this in her lifetime. It's serious no matter how you look at it.

Reactions: Panther