Rand Paul tests positive for COVID-19

Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
Mine too.

I met a woman yesterday who I'm guessing was in her 50's and she said she's never lived through anything like this in her lifetime. It's serious no matter how you look at it.
My wife said that as well.....I cannot say her age.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
My wife said that as well.....I cannot say her age.

this is serious. I feel bad for my son. I never had to go through something like this as a kid, but being around him and talking to his cousins who are about the same age has made me realize, they're taking it better than any of us

Jun 2018
South Dakota
For all we know, millions of Americans could already be infected and never think to take the test, if it is even available in their area.
We'll also probably never know about the people who never show symptoms either. How are we going to avoid that? Mandatory testing? All that'll do is produce a line of virtually useless data. The test being used now is rather "unpleasant" as described by those who've had it. It also must be administered by a trained person. A new test that isn't is being tested and, if it works, will be put into practice ASAP. I got kick out of a guy here locally on social media who was ranting about not being able to be tested on demand. An RN explained to him what the process involved and we never saw him again! President Trump said it's like having a swab stuffed up your nose into your sinus then turning right.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I meant "50's" instead of "59's" but still

this is serious. I feel bad for my son. I never had to go through something like this as a kid, but being around him and talking to his cousins who are about the same age has made me realize, they're taking it better than any of us
Sounds far more pleasureable than a colonoscopy.

Reactions: imaginethat

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
We'll also probably never know about the people who never show symptoms either. How are we going to avoid that? Mandatory testing? All that'll do is produce a line of virtually useless data. The test being used now is rather "unpleasant" as described by those who've had it. It also must be administered by a trained person. A new test that isn't is being tested and, if it works, will be put into practice ASAP. I got kick out of a guy here locally on social media who was ranting about not being able to be tested on demand. An RN explained to him what the process involved and we never saw him again! President Trump said it's like having a swab stuffed up your nose into your sinus then turning right.
It's a swab of the nasal passage. They do go a bit deep. It is an unusual sensation rather than painful but again, Trump is such a wimp. Having had a variety of allergies and upper respiratory infections I have had many. I wouldn't go out of my way to get one but really it's nothing.

And read up about why Hong Kong and Taiwan have been so successful, as well as how well S. Korea has been able to flatten the curve. They test. And test. And then test more. And asymptomatic people who test positive are quarantined, with teeth. Serious cop trouble if you violate the quarantine.

They use that data you choose to call useless to succeed.

But data is like science to an RW, who needs it?

Reactions: Camelot

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Certain people should do everything they can do to avoid exposure since a vaccine is a way's off.

I'm wondering just how many millions have gotten and gotten over CV?

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Feb 2020
Houston
Rand and Mitch do not represent Kentucky in anything but Congress.
Whoops.

Honest to Colonel Sanders, tecoyah, I did not know you were from Louisville until I just saw that. Wasn't posting what I said to needle you.

Where's Ron from? What's Rand's KY connection?

I went to Basic Training on Fort Knox, and they let us go into Louisville on a weekend pass. I'm sure I saw the worst of it, is it a nice city?

Reactions: tecoyah
Feb 2020
Houston
I can't. Never thought i would be in this position to say that my job is one of the critical ones the government exempts from closure.
Seriously?

Of course it is, Panther!

Without the moderators, this group of knuckleheads would tear each other apart.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Don't know much about Rand Paul but his father, Ron Paul is a doctor and knows what he is talking about when it comes to medicine and at his age and not being scared then I won't be either.