Rating system - revenge of the losers.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I hate them and when I am required to, I give everyone 5 stars. When I go to sites like Yelp, I ignore the ratings and comments and just look at the pictures and addresses.

Anyone give any rating they want depending on their mood. In the free-market, if service is bad then the business doesn't survive.

Having a bad day? Got chewed out by your boss? then just give the bitch a 1 star and write a lying review about how you saw a rat running across the floor of the restaurant.

Some losers who are angry at life probably sit at home giving bad ratings and malicious reviews all night long, every night after work.

After I got divorced, I rented an in-law unit in someone's backyard. They weren't knowledgeable about the internet and wanted to switch from DSL to Cable and asked if I could be present to "overwatch". The cable man came on time, he was clean and smelled good. He installed the cable internet/tv and made sure that we were getting the correct speed according to our plan. At the end, he handed me a tablet with a questionnaire and I gave him 10s all across the board. The owner of the house took the tablet from my hand and changed the ratings to 7s,8s, and 9s. I asked him why and he said: "There is no such thing as perfection." So I said no and changed it back. Because of this loser owner's cheap philosophical reasons, the cable guy might lose a promotion (raise), have to wait longer for it or even get reprimanded.

Huh? He came on time was clean and courteous and did his job accordingly!

When I go to the diner and the waitress is busy and forgets to refill my coffee I just say, "Hey Pam could you freshen up my cup?" I DON'T RATE HER!

When I go to a nice restaurant and the waiter is bad, I talk to his manager, I DON'T RATE HIM!

If you don't like a place then don't support it with your money again, it is that simple. Sure you can say that some people should lose their job and they probably will but it doesn't have to be YOU who does it.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I am a partner in my business, and we've never advertised because we don't have to. we're good at what we do and word of mouth has worked for years

then a fraternity brother of mine asked if he could send an e-mail to my clients asking them to rate us,

so we got about 100 ratings overnight, all 5's minus one asshole, so we have a 4.9 rating on Google.

And I'm not going to lie business has picked up since then. Had one guy come in, new client, and was taking pictures of the office, and I thought he as taking selfies (he's German so I thought it was a weird cultural thing), turns out he was our first yelper, and he's a professional yelper with all kinds of batches, so he gets them views

so I have no problems with raters

I'm not a rater myself, as in I don't yelp, but I give my AirBnb host and Uber 5 stars immediately (unless it was awful, which only happened with an Uber once on gameday, and I just chose not to rate her)

because they can rate me back, and I'm not always the best customer especially if I get all fucked up and have a cornhole tournament and tank in your living room or something (may have happened once, but it was cleaned up and there was no structural damage to speak of)

Reactions: FreeToChoose
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I get what you are saying. By the way, have you heard of Yelp and eBay extortion? There is actually a documentary about Yelp. One Italian restaurant owner even gives you a discount if you give him a 1-star rating as a big fuck you to yelp. Yelp hires people to give fake bad reviews and will hide all your good reviews if you don't pay them for being listed.

I used to sell Oriental Decor on eBay, mostly lamps. This is an example of my stuff:

People always buy lamps in pairs and I was doing really well, I made around 30k the first few months but then the extorters killed me. They would complain that one or both of the lamps came broken and demanded a refund/replacement (which is kind of impossible since my wholesaler has been in this business for over 30 years and know how to (drop) ship.) So I would ask them to let me pay for them to send back the broken goods (as I can still use the electronic sockets, finial, and lampshades, etc.) or at least send me a picture of the broken item(s). They would not do that but instead give me bad feedback. They just wanted free merchandise.

After my positive feedback went below 95% I started to stop getting orders. I know eBay has changed their rating system since then but all those retailers you see on eBay with 99 or 100% positive feedback are the ones who can afford to immediately refund their customers regardless of the bullshit reason.

The average price of my stuff was around $800 (pair). No way I could afford to just replace shit for free at that price, no what I mean?

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Georgia
I get what you are saying. By the way, have you heard of Yelp and eBay extortion? There is actually a documentary about Yelp. One Italian restaurant owner even gives you a discount if you give him a 1-star rating as a big fuck you to yelp. Yelp hires people to give fake bad reviews and will hide all your good reviews if you don't pay them for being listed.

I used to sell Oriental Decor on eBay, mostly lamps. This is an example of my stuff:

People always buy lamps in pair and I was doing really well, I made around 30k the first few months but then the extorters killed me. They would complain that one or both of the lamps came broken and demanded a refund/replacement (which is kind of impossible since my wholesaler has been in this business for over 30 years and know how to (drop) ship.) So I would ask them to let me pay for them to send back the broken goods (as I can still use the electronic sockets, finial, and lampshades, etc.) or at least send me a picture of the broken item(s). They would not do that but instead give me bad feedback. They just wanted free merchandise.

After my positive feedback went below 95% I started to stop getting orders. I know eBay has changed their rating system since then but all those retailers you see on eBay with 99 or 100% positive feedback are the ones who can afford to immediately refund their customers regardless of the bullshit reason.

The average price of my stuff was around $800 (pair). No way I could afford to just replace shit for free at that price, no what I mean?
I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that kind of thing was going on, but so far I haven't experienced it. So far, all of my reviewers have been legit clients, even the one asshole who gave us the one star. It hasn't been very long though.

I have a 100% ebay rating too, though I'm not a very active seller. I'm sure the more you sell the higher the competition is and the more the grifters are out.