Record Numbers of Americans Want to Leave the U.S.

Dec 2016
Canada
This is a result of technology and education fast outpacing the past era where urban America wants no part of the rural conservative lifestyle. It not so much that they dont respect those that still live it. They are just fed up with having to be held back by it. America is growing more Liberal and tolerant at a faster and faster pace, and there is a whole section of America fighting that with every fiber of their being.
Well, you're a lot more optimistic than I am! I'm thinking back to a year ago when I read "Red Hangover" by Kristen Ghodsee...dealing with her studies and notes from the former Eastern Bloc countries before and after the fall of the Soviet Union and communist governments. In particular, there was a common theme that skewed towards men having a more positive view of the new capitalism that started rising from the ashes of the looted and destroyed communist systems, while the majority of women in most countries felt they had lost far more than they gained, because they lost sexual freedom with the banning of birth control and have the burdens of responsibility for children and childcare that the men can run away from.

So, with the past 40 years of increasing restrictions on abortion, birth control and removal of supports for mothers with young children, I'm thinking that TrumpAmerica is also a land that a lot more men than women look favorably upon!

Dec 2016
Canada
Barcelona nearly finished me off, it was so hot, and the Ramblas was full of crooks cheating on the change. Go for Venice every time. I'm afraid any claim to Italian citizenship I might have would go right back to the Roman Empire! Pity!
I'll have to file that away in mental notes, since I have a friend who...even with all the crap about Catalan independence, demonstrations and such, still wants to move to Barcelona (if he can convince his wife to go along) and comes back from each visit with pictures and glowing reports about how wonderful the city and the people are there..... all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
my family came from Catanzaro, way down in the very south if Italy. we still have contact with relatives that stayed after their huge earthquake in like 1904 or 05. i saw Venice and it is beautiful omg. Giorgia has a video of one of her songs in Venice and i watched it like a million times lol
my family left france in 1830 speaking german Metz - Wikipedia i always thought the mosel was germany and for a while i think it was it went back and forth
in 2014 i returned the first piece of dna t make the return trip in over 180 years i burst into tears it was so fucking beautiful
and i thought my family prayed here got drunk here made wine here, 50 years before the battleof hastings ,its sounds stupid but it was like my blood was telling me this is your o home it always was it always will be this is where you are from

Nov 2012
Rhondda
my family came from Catanzaro, way down in the very south if Italy. we still have contact with relatives that stayed after their huge earthquake in like 1904 or 05. i saw Venice and it is beautiful omg. Giorgia has a video of one of her songs in Venice and i watched it like a million times lol
I know and like Sicily, but we never seem to have crossed over to Southern Italy. Pity.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
I'll have to file that away in mental notes, since I have a friend who...even with all the crap about Catalan independence, demonstrations and such, still wants to move to Barcelona (if he can convince his wife to go along) and comes back from each visit with pictures and glowing reports about how wonderful the city and the people are there..... all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
In fairness, the crooks on the Ramblas may have come from elsewhere, and there's some fantastic country nearby.

Dec 2018
New England
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's still likely a Democrat will win the presidency in 2020, and we'll then be in awash of polls and stories indicating how wonderful American is. "New dawn" is my bet on what will be the catch phrase of the day.

Dec 2016
Canada
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's still likely a Democrat will win the presidency in 2020, and we'll then be in awash of polls and stories indicating how wonderful American is. "New dawn" is my bet on what will be the catch phrase of the day.
CNN will call it a new day in America or some similar drivel, while the CIA black ops, regime changes, new wars, increased bombings, military budget increases, gifts for Wall Street and all of the other bipartisan goals of the permanent government continue merrily along their way regardless of who's giving speeches from the White House!