Record Numbers of Americans Want to Leave the U.S.

May 2019
USA
I would move if I could live a comparable life professionally and personally in another country. Not going to happen until I get to retirement at the earliest though. Has nothing to do with who is President. America is just sooooooo predictable and predictable=boring.

Jul 2018
Earth
I would move if I could live a comparable life professionally and personally in another country. Not going to happen until I get to retirement at the earliest though. Has nothing to do with who is President. America is just sooooooo predictable and predictable=boring.
Don't you think those foreign countries will collapse before America does? The news isn't very good from most of them.

Dec 2015
Arizona
If I was going to move, I'd move to Hawaii--beautiful weather, beaches--friendly people---and since Hawaii is no longer part of the U.S. (since 2007--Obama's candidacy)---it might be a nice lifestyle change. :cool: I'll be sure to take my sunglasses!

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I cant think of any place i'd want to live where there isnt already a lack in problems that i already face here.
My old shipmate is a never ending source of problems for me. Today I had to go to town and get him a new car battery and his TV is on the blink. I said I will work on your TV tomorrow.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
But you notice the truth, Remember how many said "If Trump is elected I will move to Canada" didn't.... ... ....

If you want to move to another country, you pack up your bag, get in the caravan and force your way across the Canadian border headed north, or Mexican Border heading south...

This is like the wife that is angry that says "I'm gonna kill my husband" as a measure of Frustration.

What amazes me is how many don't understand how many Canadians have fled Canada and are stayng in the US after their visas have expired.

May 2019
USA
Don't you think those foreign countries will collapse before America does? The news isn't very good from most of them.
I doubt they will but in the end if any of them or the US collapses, won't be in my lifetime. House, plot of land, affordable access to healthcare, and some money is all I really need. I am rather boring too. That is why I want to live somewhere less boring. I can be exciting by proxy :)

Nov 2012
Rhondda
You should all be over here and see the numbers desperately trying to find enough Irish ancestry to remain EU citizens! The trouble is, ever since Ireland got rich, it's been very boring - used to be far more fun. That's the best hope I can think of for the UK if the nutters get their way. Cymru, the poorest bit, has always been a far happier country than the others, so there's hope yet, unless we are reduced to eating the Unspeakable Turk, Johnson! We won't be able to afford to live anywhere else after Brexit, and that's a fact!

Dec 2016
Canada
Is this why so many Americans want to leave:

Annual global index rates U.S. 128th most peaceful nation on earth
“The average level of global peacefulness improved for the first time in five years,” the index said, noting that Iceland is the most peaceful nation, a spot it has held for 11 years.​
New Zealand is in second place, followed by Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Canada, Singapore, Slovenia, Japan and the Czech Republic, to round out the top 10.​
The U.S. is ranked 128th on the peace list, down four places from last year. Among Western allies, Australia is 13th, Germany 22nd, Britain 45th and France 60th. In Central America, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras were rated 114, 113 and 123, respectively.​

I'd like to see some further study on the Central American reports, because those three nations mentioned have been subjected to US-sponsored destabilization and regime changes over the past 30 years, that exacerbated crime and motivated thousands to flee......and became that ILLLLLegal border problem so many rightwingers are always crapping about! How did Honduras, where more than a million fled north because of narco gangs and leftover contras, score higher than the US?

At the other end of the spectrum, Afghanistan ranks as the world’s least peaceful nation — with Syria as runner-up, followed by South Sudan, Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Central African Republic, Libya, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Russia.
My rightwing source reporting on this poll certainly won't say it out loud, but those nations at "the other end of the spectrum" are all nations that US regime change policy has laid waste to in recent years. What did they expect to find?
"If we don’t start any new wars, we are probably going to see global peace improve in 2019,” Mr. Killelea said, noting that these improvements “leave some level of optimism.”​
The research also calculates the annual “economic impact of violence” — how much it costs on a global scale to deal with conflict, war and other factors. The report says that figure is now $14.1 trillion, and moving in the right direction.​
“The global economic impact of violence improved for the first time since 2012, decreasing by 3.3% or $475 billion from 2017 to 2018,” the research said.​
But the 103-page report also found that the world remains “considerably less peaceful now than a decade ago,” and that both positive and negative trends are at work. The research found that 86 of the nations were improving on their peaceful characteristics, while 76 faced deteriorating situations. The study also measured an emotional dynamic.​