Reducing gun violence WITHOUT gun control

Mar 2018
Grayson
And we try yet again:

If in doubt about what this thread is about, see the first posting. And now let's do the relevant posts in this thread starting with # 9

Rather than a laundry list of mass shootings, let's look at some of the most significant ones:

Columbine shooting - 12 dead - Eric Klebold and Kevin Harris 1999

Eric Harris was taking Luvox (a Prozac-like drug) at the time of the Littleton murders | Psychiatric Drug Facts

Every Mass Shooting Shares 1 Thing In Common, NOT Guns

Sandy Hook - 27 dead Adam Lanza 2012

Sandy Hook school shooter had 'scorn for humanity,' according to newly released documents

Texas church shooting - 26 dead - Devin Patrick Kelly 2017

Devin Patrick Kelly | SSRI Stories

Texas Church Shooter's Psychotropic Drug History and Treatment at Universal Health Services Behavioral Facility | CCHR International

Orlando night club shooting 49 dead Omar Mateen

FOX News Cuts Off Reporter When She Links Psychotropic Drugs to Florida Shooter

Over and over and over again, those who keep score see a link between SSRIs and mass shootings. So, the guys who like instant answers would say we need to ban SSRIs. They would be wrong. There are commonalities between mass shooters and SSRIs. SSRIs can be the tipping point for a lot of shooters, but the root cause goes much deeper.

America is an overly medicated society. Our culture has been taught that if you have a problem, you can fix it with a pill. When a child is young, the parents and sometimes school officials will complain that a child is "hyperactive." And, so, children are put on Adderall or Ritalin where the cycle of dependency begins. Adding insult to injury, ADD / ADHD areimaginary conditions for the most part. If you have a child you think is "hyperactive" it is, most likely due to an improper diet, improper sleeping habits, lack of exercise, not enough time devoted to study and not enough face time with the parents. Instead of resolving the issue at home, we allow the schools, government in general, doctors, and Big Pharma to over-medicate children.

As time progresses, the notion that a pill helps every bad feeling, children find themselves on opioids (whether legal or illegal - and sometimes both t the same time.) Many others will advance from having been "hyperactive" to suffering emotional disorders where they are given SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) for anxiety, depression, etc. Psychotropic drugs are the most common among mass shooters AND can be found present in violent teens that may hurt people, but not commit a mass shooting. So, for right now, let us consider SSRIs as a marker or an indicator of a deeper problem. If simply banning SSRIs were a solution, some group would be working on just that aspect of the issue.

Having worked with many teens over the years as a DFACS asset (Dept. of Family and Children Services) the story - and the outcomes have been more predictable than professional wrestling matches. Children go from Ritalin to Adderall - then from opioids (legal and illegal) to SSRIs and / or illegal drugs. By the time they are 18 or so, they have dropped out of high school, have no job skills, no initiative, a drug habit and a criminal record. What's worse is that during their growing years and even after these people become adults, the parents either ignore the warning signs or don't give a rip. Many times mommy lets her "baby" live in the house, free of all responsibilities. It's easier to give their baby access to drugs; let them live rent free; escape the responsibilities adults should have. Between that, divorce, dysfunctional homes, and an apathetic society we are creating these monsters as if the home were a factory for these Zombies. It's time to start understanding the problem

BET YOU NONE OF THE TROLLS CAN REFUTE ANY FACT CONTAINED HEREIN

Mar 2018
Grayson
Most of the repetitive questions I'm being asked are contained within the relevant posts that I continue to post. If we get the trolling to subside, and IF someone has a question based on what has already been posted, they should ask it. What should be done AFTER we've identified HAS been addressed. If you read the relevant posts and didn't come up with an answer, please refer to the post # and we can expand on it. Until then, we will repeat post # 20

In posts # 9 and #13 I said there are a lot of commonalities among mass shooters. Those seeking a bumper sticker answer would simply come back and say SSRIs - which is being done. But, such an approach is short sighted.

Due to the political transference of power, our changing demographics, and a controlled news and entertainment media along with the dumbing down of Americans so that anything longer than a tweet makes smoke come out their ears, what I have to say is an uphill battle.

The new American culture with its drug culture, idol worship of Hollyweird stars and athletes and false religions - not to mention the destruction of American culture via multiculturalism is one colossal clusterphuck. But, each of us has to man up, accept responsibility and be held accountable for the status quo. Parents, schools, the government, doctors and Big Pharma are deliberately destroying our country. That is probably the biggest part of the equation we have to come to grips with. The first change we have to make is to realize that pills and especially drugs that make people "feel good" are one of the five main culprits destroying our Republic. Pain, stress, and being uncomfortable at times are all natural. God gives us the darkness so that we can see the light. But, I digress.

I laid out how we should have a statewide record of minors. In some places, abusive parents will leave one county and move to another once their children have been on the police radar one too many times. There, the child may get to start all over again - or in the case of the Parkland shooter, the cops keep showing up until something happens. What a waste of money!

If you're willing to consider background checks and National ID, why would anyone have an objection to keeping records of minors within a state that are destroyed when the minor becomes of the age of majority (with exceptions to those with actual criminal records of violence, drug felonies, sexual crimes, and ongoing mental problems that require one to be in a mental institution at the age of 18?) Ah yes, but what good are records? Background checks only work AFTER a person has committed a crime. National ID serves NO purpose.

OTOH, if a computer system recorded a minor's record: each school suspension, every contact with the authorities, every report that the individual was suspicious (based upon grounds that articulate questionable behavior), each time police are summoned to the home, etc. and that information was followed up on in a timely manner, you could change the dynamic of what is happening in America. As I'm presenting this, keep in mind, we have to change our culture so that drugs are the last option for treatment, not the first (and sometimes only one the system offers.) Every shooter telegraphs their actions. We can prevent it and when we cannot prevent it we can identify it - and possibly take those potential killers (and violence prone) individuals into custody and help them. How can we identify them? What can we do for them? How much will it cost? What are the benefits? We know the answers. Do you have the courage to learn about them?

Apr 2014
redacted
If in doubt about what this thread is about, see the first posting. And now let's do the relevant posts in this thread starting with # 9

Rather than a laundry list of mass shootings, let's look at some of the most significant ones:

Columbine shooting - 12 dead - Eric Klebold and Kevin Harris 1999

Eric Harris was taking Luvox (a Prozac-like drug) at the time of the Littleton murders | Psychiatric Drug Facts

Every Mass Shooting Shares 1 Thing In Common, NOT Guns

Sandy Hook - 27 dead Adam Lanza 2012

Sandy Hook school shooter had 'scorn for humanity,' according to newly released documents

Texas church shooting - 26 dead - Devin Patrick Kelly 2017

Devin Patrick Kelly | SSRI Stories

Texas Church Shooter's Psychotropic Drug History and Treatment at Universal Health Services Behavioral Facility | CCHR International

Orlando night club shooting 49 dead Omar Mateen

FOX News Cuts Off Reporter When She Links Psychotropic Drugs to Florida Shooter

Over and over and over again, those who keep score see a link between SSRIs and mass shootings. So, the guys who like instant answers would say we need to ban SSRIs. They would be wrong. There are commonalities between mass shooters and SSRIs. SSRIs can be the tipping point for a lot of shooters, but the root cause goes much deeper.

America is an overly medicated society. Our culture has been taught that if you have a problem, you can fix it with a pill. When a child is young, the parents and sometimes school officials will complain that a child is "hyperactive." And, so, children are put on Adderall or Ritalin where the cycle of dependency begins. Adding insult to injury, ADD / ADHD areimaginary conditions for the most part. If you have a child you think is "hyperactive" it is, most likely due to an improper diet, improper sleeping habits, lack of exercise, not enough time devoted to study and not enough face time with the parents. Instead of resolving the issue at home, we allow the schools, government in general, doctors, and Big Pharma to over-medicate children.

As time progresses, the notion that a pill helps every bad feeling, children find themselves on opioids (whether legal or illegal - and sometimes both t the same time.) Many others will advance from having been "hyperactive" to suffering emotional disorders where they are given SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) for anxiety, depression, etc. Psychotropic drugs are the most common among mass shooters AND can be found present in violent teens that may hurt people, but not commit a mass shooting. So, for right now, let us consider SSRIs as a marker or an indicator of a deeper problem. If simply banning SSRIs were a solution, some group would be working on just that aspect of the issue.

Having worked with many teens over the years as a DFACS asset (Dept. of Family and Children Services) the story - and the outcomes have been more predictable than professional wrestling matches. Children go from Ritalin to Adderall - then from opioids (legal and illegal) to SSRIs and / or illegal drugs. By the time they are 18 or so, they have dropped out of high school, have no job skills, no initiative, a drug habit and a criminal record. What's worse is that during their growing years and even after these people become adults, the parents either ignore the warning signs or don't give a rip. Many times mommy lets her "baby" live in the house, free of all responsibilities. It's easier to give their baby access to drugs; let them live rent free; escape the responsibilities adults should have. Between that, divorce, dysfunctional homes, and an apathetic society we are creating these monsters as if the home were a factory for these Zombies. It's time to start understanding the problem
Agreed about understanding the problem but if you are claiming these drugs are causing the shootings, I strongly disagree. The link is that they are all mentally ill but the only treatment they are getting is a handful of pills. Medication is effective, but it's not a cure in this case. Obviously these kids had more problems that were left unresolved.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Just trying to work around sick people like you to see if anyone was interested in helping save lives.
Let's try this. You stop replying to my posts. You simply read them, digest them until you understand them and then hit the like button. This approach will work to your betterment by enriching your knowledge and curtailing your self exposing posts.

Hope this helps!

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Agreed about understanding the problem but if you are claiming these drugs are causing the shootings, I strongly disagree. The link is that they are all mentally ill but the only treatment they are getting is a handful of pills. Medication is effective, but it's not a cure in this case. Obviously these kids had more problems that were left unresolved.
Be aware, this has zero to do with gun control without gun control or whatever the fuck this guy is talking about but antidepressants most certainly can be part of the problem in individual cases of shootings. What these drugs OFTEN do is launch the person into a manic like state where consequences of actions become much less restraining to the individual.

There is no way about it, kids on drugs both antidepressants and ADD drugs are a bad idea. A very bad idea in all but the VERY extreme cases. But this has about nothing to do with the gun violence we have in this country.

Apr 2014
redacted
Be aware, this has zero to do with gun control without gun control or whatever the fuck this guy is talking about....
Dude, for the second time it's in the title: reducing gun violence without gun control. As I posted to you before, over 2/3s of "gun violence" are suicides. Are you saying better mental health care wouldn't save most of those lives? Let's not forget that only about half of all suicides are with guns; the rest hang themselves, use pills or otherwise find a way to kill themselves.

Mar 2018
Grayson

The fact is Bad Bob if you came to the conclusion that I stated the drugs are causing the shootings, you didn't bother to read the relevant posts. That is the bottom line and people making irresponsible posts to suggest such a simple minded proposition want in five sentences what it took me FORTY YEARS to learn.

Drugs don't necessarily "cause" the problem; however, our drug culture is the ONE of the major reasons children commit mass shootings. This subject is too complex to do a summation in fewer words that I presented in what I call the relevant posts. It cannot be done. It's ten posts - abut half a chapter of the average book. All the allegations you've read about me are utter bullshit, totally refuted by the relevant posts.

Many times the drugs are prescribed when they are not needed and the root of the problem is NOT the child. Sometimes extenuating circumstances make prescribing SOME drugs to SOME children as tantamount to handing that particular child a loaded .45 and telling him / her to go out and commit as much chaos as possible. In this paragraph, did you see me lay ALL the blame on any single factor? OR can you see the words like many, some, and sometimes?

We already generate the paperwork. Why don't we analyze it and use it to come up with a specific plan to help the specific individual? If we don't do that, please explain what other purpose all this information gathering does except to help some cretin say "it's not my fault the carnage happened; I reported it" ??????

SSRIs are the most common among kids that are mass shooters... all of them are done by kids on SSRIs... but it's not just the SSRIs that are to blame in the equation. I did a whole post on that, showing the other factors that have to be in play.