Reducing gun violence WITHOUT gun control

Apr 2014
redacted
....In this paragraph, did you see me lay ALL the blame on any single factor? OR can you see the words like many, some, and sometimes?....
No, but you certainly played around with drugs a lot as in here:
....Drugs don't necessarily "cause" the problem; however, our drug culture is the ONE of the major reasons children commit mass shootings. This subject is too complex to do a summation in fewer words that I presented in what I call the relevant posts. ....
Agreed this is a complex issue. I've posted several reasons myself including the fact the US is traditionally staunchly independent because we were the first British colony to go to war with the world's largest empire and win our independence.

Mar 2018
Grayson
No, but you certainly played around with drugs a lot as in here:

Agreed this is a complex issue. I've posted several reasons myself including the fact the US is traditionally staunchly independent because we were the first British colony to go to war with the world's largest empire and win our independence.
Until we change the drug culture, we will be plagued with violence. It's like saying weeds destroy a garden, but they aren't the only reason for crop failures.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I will now repeat post #20 since we haven't found anyone with the intestinal fortitude to take on posts 1,9, and 13. Let's repeat post # 20 and a short commentary that needs to be added:
In posts # 9 and #13 I said there are a lot of commonalities among mass shooters. Those seeking a bumper sticker answer would simply come back and say SSRIs - which is being done. But, such an approach is short sighted.

Due to the political transference of power, our changing demographics, and a controlled news and entertainment media along with the dumbing down of Americans so that anything longer than a tweet makes smoke come out their ears, what I have to say is an uphill battle.

The new American culture with its drug culture, idol worship of Hollyweird stars and athletes and false religions - not to mention the destruction of American culture via multiculturalism is one colossal clusterphuck. But, each of us has to man up, accept responsibility and be held accountable for the status quo. Parents, schools, the government, doctors and Big Pharma are deliberately destroying our country. That is probably the biggest part of the equation we have to come to grips with. The first change we have to make is to realize that pills and especially drugs that make people "feel good" are one of the five main culprits destroying our Republic. Pain, stress, and being uncomfortable at times are all natural. God gives us the darkness so that we can see the light. But, I digress.

I laid out how we should have a statewide record of minors. In some places, abusive parents will leave one county and move to another once their children have been on the police radar one too many times. There, the child may get to start all over again - or in the case of the Parkland shooter, the cops keep showing up until something happens. What a waste of money!

If you're willing to consider background checks and National ID, why would anyone have an objection to keeping records of minors within a state that are destroyed when the minor becomes of the age of majority (with exceptions to those with actual criminal records of violence, drug felonies, sexual crimes, and ongoing mental problems that require one to be in a mental institution at the age of 18?) Ah yes, but what good are records? Background checks only work AFTER a person has committed a crime. National ID serves NO purpose.

OTOH, if a computer system recorded a minor's record: each school suspension, every contact with the authorities, every report that the individual was suspicious (based upon grounds that articulate questionable behavior), each time police are summoned to the home, etc. and that information was followed up on in a timely manner, you could change the dynamic of what is happening in America. As I'm presenting this, keep in mind, we have to change our culture so that drugs are the last option for treatment, not the first (and sometimes only one the system offers.) Every shooter telegraphs their actions. We can prevent it and when we cannot prevent it we can identify it - and possibly take those potential killers (and violence prone) individuals into custody and help them. How can we identify them? What can we do for them? How much will it cost? What are the benefits? We know the answers. Do you have the courage to learn about them? (End of original posting)

The liberal dishonesty, especially by the consummate troll, shows they lack empathy for the families that have lost their children to mass shooters. I limited my comments on this thread to mass shooters because THAT would be the fastest way to begin reducing the numbers of people who die a violent death.

Victims of violence of any kind, are especially frustrated when they find out how many times a person has been in trouble and the system did nothing to protect them. Liberals like to attack inanimate objects. Sometimes liberals are apathetic to what they could do today, right now. Maybe if we outlawed cigarettes we could save some of the 425,000 lives + lost due to cigarettes each year. Fact is, you are 5 times more likely as a nonsmoker to die of second hand cigarette smoke than by a firearm. And the way we address it is to limit where cigarettes can be smoked, outlawing selling cigarettes to minors, educating people, etc. We never attack the cigarette. The liberals, however, blame the gun and then try to call others names for not agreeing with the liberal point of view. They've chosen to attack this thread because they don't have ANY counter-arguments against the proposals and observations I've made doing this. They're trolling because they're scared shitless. And so it should be.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I'd commit suicide if I were as worthless as you are to the world. You are a cancer on the face of humanity. May you rot in Hell.

ROTFLMAO I needed that, thanks.

I got a real belly laugh out of this.

On a serious note, do you think you are well adjust to write such hatred? Do you honestly think you can be of benefit to anyone with such a personal defect?

I wish you the best.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Post # 45 gave even more insight and even began suggesting a path to follow toward a solution for reducing gun violence without gun control. Here it is repeated so the usual suspects can try to prevent the discussion with more troll posts:

Working as a DFACS asset, I understand your problems and the frustrations. After a lot of research, I figured out that we needed to have a state record of all the times a child is reprimanded, suspended, have been reported, the police sent to their house, their arrest record, etc. So, we have all this information and we can utilize it for a wide plethora of things. In the instant case, this record system will let authorities know what is going on regardless of how many times a child is moved.

Let me stress something once again before moving on: We should change our attitude toward drugs. They should be the last option. Now, having said that, imagine if you will a division of the local county made up of a few psychologists, psychiatrists, police investigators, and social workers. These people already exist. It's just a matter of putting them into one office and specializing in the behavioral issues.

Presume this team exists. If a child generates three reports in a 12 month period, this department springs into action. Someone would go and interview the child, then an interview with the parents would take place. This would be to let everyone know a problem exists and the social worker would then recommend some course of action for the parents. At the same time, this social worker would note the living conditions of the child, the demeanor of the parents, etc.

If, within the next 90 days another incident occurs, this department could send someone to conduct an IQ test on the minor, do an in depth interview to see if it might be determined where the problem is. Then you do a more in depth interview of the parents. At this stage, this department may check the criminal records of the parents to determine if they may be part of the problem. Things like alcohol or drug addicted parents, divorced parents, broken homes, homes where other family members are the subject of continued police interaction may all deserve a closer look. At any point that a child is on drugs and the fitness of the parents comes into question, the child should be removed from the home until the parents clean up their act. Of course, the parents can always challenge the government's actions in a timely manner.

If the risk is low and the parents cooperate, the solution may be to put the parents into parenting classes, help them with any drug / alcohol issues (rehab, AA meetings, etc.), and help with teaching the parents how to balance a budget, find a job, deal with stress... whatever help is required. If the parents resist, the government should take the child (children) and put them into protective custody until the parents are deemed fit. The point is, we don't wait until a child has lived in half a dozen different counties, been reported to police umpteen times, and told we can't do anything until a child breaks the law. That is B.S. If a child is living unsupervised; if the parents are alcoholics or drug addicts... if living conditions are deplorable and / or a child is neglected, you have a problem.

The problem may be the child, so we've got to make sure that parents understand the problem of unsupervised children, behavioral issues that are not being attended to (and again, drugs are NOT replacements for what we're discussing); parents must be empowered to know what their children are doing, how good or bad they are doing in school and their progress after their activities have generated a civil intervention. Nobody's Rights are at stake here; no criminal laws come into play (unless a social worker sees or has credible reason to believe a crime is being committed like child abuse, drugs in the home, etc.) In order to make this work, we have to retrain all those people who work for agencies like DFACS, DFCS, CPS, or whatever name they use in your state. More later... the resident trolls can't read past five sentences.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Until we change the drug culture, we will be plagued with violence. It's like saying weeds destroy a garden, but they aren't the only reason for crop failures.
is it not truer to say that if we do not change the gun culture, we will be plagued with violence? It's like saying weeds destroy a garden, but they aren't the only reason for crop failures.

(do the right thing, hit the "like" button :kiss:)

Mar 2018
Grayson
ROTFLMAO I needed that, thanks.

I got a real belly laugh out of this.

On a serious note, do you think you are well adjust to write such hatred? Do you honestly think you can be of benefit to anyone with such a personal defect?

I wish you the best.
I'll make no apologies for the disgust and pity I feel for you. While innocent people die, you come here to troll me and pretend this is a sick game. Anybody that follows your lead is sick and demented. Yeah laugh, but if trolling is how you get your cookies off, you are plain disgusting to humanity. The crap you spew at me is stuff you don't have the courage to go out and say in public - and you're spineless to say it here. You're embarrassed and I think you realize that you are mentally sick. That is why you waste time trolling me and never using a moment to help save a life or, at the very least helping someone overcome adversity and have a better life.

Last edited:
Mar 2018
Grayson
is it not truer to say that if we do not change the gun culture, we will be plagued with violence? It's like saying weeds destroy a garden, but they aren't the only reason for crop failures.

(do the right thing, hit the "like" button :kiss:)

Guns save lives. If it were not for people like me, some tyrant with the same kinds of emotional problems you have would probably have denutted you years ago to prove he was a bigger bully than you... IF you were to spew the shit you spew here. You should thank God that there are armed people helping protect your Right to make an ass of yourself in public. Get the right tyrant in charge and your treasonous talk - you would be pig fodder in a day.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I'm committed to not allowing the troll to derail this thread. Let's repeat post # 45 and see if anyone wants to have a discussion based upon the relevant posts we've discussed thus far.

Post # 45 gave even more insight and even began suggesting a path to follow toward a solution for reducing gun violencewithout gun control. Here it is repeated so the usual suspects can try to prevent the discussion with more troll posts:

Working as a DFACS asset, I understand your problems and the frustrations. After a lot of research, I figured out that we needed to have a state record of all the times a child is reprimanded, suspended, have been reported, the police sent to their house, their arrest record, etc. So, we have all this information and we can utilize it for a wide plethora of things. In the instant case, this record system will let authorities know what is going on regardless of how many times a child is moved.

Let me stress something once again before moving on: We should change our attitude toward drugs. They should be the last option. Now, having said that, imagine if you will a division of the local county made up of a few psychologists, psychiatrists, police investigators, and social workers. These people already exist. It's just a matter of putting them into one office and specializing in the behavioral issues.

Presume this team exists. If a child generates three reports in a 12 month period, this department springs into action. Someone would go and interview the child, then an interview with the parents would take place. This would be to let everyone know a problem exists and the social worker would then recommend some course of action for the parents. At the same time, this social worker would note the living conditions of the child, the demeanor of the parents, etc.

If, within the next 90 days another incident occurs, this department could send someone to conduct an IQ test on the minor, do an in depth interview to see if it might be determined where the problem is. Then you do a more in depth interview of the parents. At this stage, this department may check the criminal records of the parents to determine if they may be part of the problem. Things like alcohol or drug addicted parents, divorced parents, broken homes, homes where other family members are the subject of continued police interaction may all deserve a closer look. At any point that a child is on drugs and the fitness of the parents comes into question, the child should be removed from the home until the parents clean up their act. Of course, the parents can always challenge the government's actions in a timely manner.

If the risk is low and the parents cooperate, the solution may be to put the parents into parenting classes, help them with any drug / alcohol issues (rehab, AA meetings, etc.), and help with teaching the parents how to balance a budget, find a job, deal with stress... whatever help is required. If the parents resist, the government should take the child (children) and put them into protective custody until the parents are deemed fit. The point is, we don't wait until a child has lived in half a dozen different counties, been reported to police umpteen times, and told we can't do anything until a child breaks the law. That is B.S. If a child is living unsupervised; if the parents are alcoholics or drug addicts... if living conditions are deplorable and / or a child is neglected, you have a problem.

The problem may be the child, so we've got to make sure that parents understand the problem of unsupervised children, behavioral issues that are not being attended to (and again, drugs are NOT replacements for what we're discussing); parents must be empowered to know what their children are doing, how good or bad they are doing in school and their progress after their activities have generated a civil intervention. Nobody's Rights are at stake here; no criminal laws come into play (unless a social worker sees or has credible reason to believe a crime is being committed like child abuse, drugs in the home, etc.) In order to make this work, we have to retrain all those people who work for agencies like DFACS, DFCS, CPS, or whatever name they use in your state. More later... the resident trolls can't read past five sentences.

Ah yes, we are seeing the solution come into play.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
If you bother to read the relative posts, all of this is explained in great detail. Would you like me to repost the material OR do you think you could read them if I give you the post numbers the first time I posted them?

1, 9, 13, 20, 45, 55, 59, 63, 73, 77 and 113. I've reposted them a second time, but what you're asking is contained in those posts. Sorry, that is just a summation too.
Yeah, I couldn't actually find anything in those posts that answered my question.
How would you identify school shooters before they became shooters?
If you don't have anything that's OK, if you do post it.
OK, some shooters are on antidepressants, so are 1 in 6 Americans, that's a pool of millions, that's really not useful.
You know what works, banning semi automatic weapons.