Reducing gun violence WITHOUT gun control

Mar 2018
Grayson
Yeah, I couldn't actually find anything in those posts that answered my question.
How would you identify school shooters before they became shooters?
If you don't have anything that's OK, if you do post it.
OK, some shooters are on antidepressants, so are 1 in 6 Americans, that's a pool of millions, that's really not useful.
You know what works, banning semi automatic weapons.
You are lying. There is an entire post in those relevant posts that identify who, at some point, WILL commit an act of violence. EVERY mass shooting in a public school has been within the parameters of who I know WILL commit and act of violence. Now, you can continue to LIE or you can read the relevant posts and if you really are that illiterate, you shouldn't be IN this discussion. It's for people willing to use their freaking brains. Let me make it easy for you since you can't read. Look for the post that appears to have a list in it.

If you want to be IN the discussion, at least have the common courtesy of reading the relevant posts. Shall I list them again?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
You are lying. There is an entire post in those relevant posts that identify who, at some point, WILL commit an act of violence. EVERY mass shooting in a public school has been within the parameters of who I know WILL commit and act of violence. Now, you can continue to LIE or you can read the relevant posts and if you really are that illiterate, you shouldn't be IN this discussion. It's for people willing to use their freaking brains. Let me make it easy for you since you can't read. Look for the post that appears to have a list in it.

If you want to be IN the discussion, at least have the common courtesy of reading the relevant posts. Shall I list them again?
Just list how you'd identify the shooters, something that would work.
There are kids at every school in America on antidepressants, there are kids at every school in America that have problems with the police, there are kids in ever school in America, that act a little strange.
How are you going to identify the shooters?

Mar 2018
Grayson
Well, Goober just got his wish - he asked who is going to commit a mass shooting at a school? Here is post # 55

WHO IS GOING TO COMMIT A VIOLENT ACT?

It's getting hard to keep up with this due to the amount of trolls attempting to derail this thread; however, here is a continuation of posts #9, #13, #20, and #45. We've talked about the need to make drugs the last option, not the first; we've talked briefly about maintaining a database of children under 18 insofar as behavioral and criminal issues are concerned. We've discussed how the authorities should look at the role the parents play in a minor's brushes with the law and the inability to assimilate into society. I'm going to tell you now HOW to identify the people who are going to commit a violent act. And, so the trolls will have something else to bitch about, I can tell them - as a point of fact, on this subject I have NO superiors and damn few equals.

I grew up in a violent atmosphere. My father was in and out of prison my entire life. His last stint was over a federal conspiracy to commit murder rap. He beat my mother; he beat all of his kids; bones were broken. The last time I saw my father alive he started to hit my mother. My brother started to jump between them. I knew if the two of them tangled, my father would kill my brother. So, I picked up a poker that was next to the fireplace. The old man said "Oh that's the way it's gonna be..." That would be the last time I saw him alive.

My life was spent in this kind of atmosphere with me trying to make a difference, so pardon the Hell out of me. I learned all of this at the University of Hard Knocks - and I still work with people who had a life like mine. So, I can tell you with almost pinpoint accuracy WHO is most likely to commit a violent act during their lifetime and what it would have taken to change that predictable outcome. The average mass shooter exhibits 16 traits. If they fit 7 of these categories and you add in SSRIs, there is a near 100 percent chance that individual will commit a violent act against someone else - possibly kill them

1) White males between the ages of 18 and 40

2) Placed on drugs by doctors at an early age (Adderall, Ritalin, Opioids, SSRIs)

3) One parent home (generally no father figure in the home)

4) Drug addicted and / or alcoholic parent (s)

5) Introverted

6) They are drawn to violence (they draw pictures of violent scenes, obsessed with violent video games, etc.)

7) History of expulsion / suspension from schools for arguing, fighting and / or making threats

8) History of the police being summoned to their home for domestic disturbances

9) Known to use illegal drugs, alcohol, cigarettes

10) Their manner of dress is symbolic of evil, death, or the dark side

11) They have an obsession with violence (posing with guns, swords, knives, making threats, etc. on their social media account is a giveaway)

12) Tattoos glorifying violence

13) Parents have a history of domestic abuse, violence or other disturbances where the police are summoned to the home on a routine basis

14) Participation in gang or criminal related activity / living in a home with no discipline or structure

15) Doing things that make others fear them (body language, stalking, cryptic talk, etc.)

16) History of violent acts like hurting / killing small animals just for fun

How many times have you heard people say AFTER a mass shooting, I knew all along something like this was going to happen? People knew because an individual exhibited the above kinds of behavior. And there ARE things we can do. There are things we can do without infringing on the Rights of others and there are things we can do that do not involve criminal actions.

Without the creation of another bureaucracy; without spending a lot of tax money and without taking decades to implement, a small, specially trained unit in each county can get a handle on these people and they can be dealt with. Actually, it would be cheaper to do it than to go to their homes 50 times and generate reports and then lament of what couldn't be done after that individual has harmed or killed someone else. (END OF POST # 55)

Of course, Goober is going to try and pull a fast one. Bear in mind, this is not about saving lives for the left. It is about gun control and using the pretext that banning guns saves lives is dishonest. Just because someone is not killed by an individual with a gun does not mean that they won't be killed by government, gangs, stabbings, muggings, poisoning, strangulation, bombs, assault trucks, or some goober going into a rage as a result of getting butt hurt. Only God can tell us that any particular individual is going to commit a mass shooting, but all school shootings have featured teens who fit the above profile. Change our culture, you will save lives. And you stop virtually all of the potential mass shooters.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Just list how you'd identify the shooters, something that would work.
There are kids at every school in America on antidepressants, there are kids at every school in America that have problems with the police, there are kids in ever school in America, that act a little strange.
How are you going to identify the shooters?
Are you stupid, illiterate or just trying to be an asshole? All of the relevant posts fairly answered your question. It's not a one size fits all. Now, we've answered your questions with specificity. There is no putting one plan of action in place that cures all. So let's break it down so any moron with an IQ their shoe size or larger can understand:

1) CHANGE THE DRUG CULTURE AND MAKE DRUG TREATMENTS THE LAST OPTION, NOT THE FIRST - Got it?

2) Use the information to find troubled minors BEFORE the problem gets out of hand (what information? Read the posts)

3) Identify the specific problem

4) Treat the right person

5) Parents will either rear their children in an acceptable manner so as to reduce bad behavior OR lose custody unless such time that the take parenting classes, drug classes or whatever in the Hell they have to do to make their home fit for a child

6) Have the minor subject to one on one counseling when appropriate

7) Get the minor a mentor / big brother / big sister when warranted ( i.e. when a child lives with a single parent - especially if the parent is a different sex than the child.) The biggest influence in any child's life is the same sex parent

8) Group therapy when warranted

9) Provide the appropriate records to doctors and mental health officials so they can make the proper diagnosis based upon the child's history and the non-drug options that were tried

10) SOME children may have to be put into protective custody before administering psychotropic drugs (an NO, that did not say all children)

SPOT THE POTENTIAL SHOOTERS? See the previous post

NOW YOU HAVE SPECIFIC ANSWERS AND THE DUMMIES GUIDE. Still got a problem???

Apr 2014
redacted
Until we change the drug culture, we will be plagued with violence. It's like saying weeds destroy a garden, but they aren't the only reason for crop failures.
Dude, again, the "drug culture" isn't the problem. The problem is fucked up people. In uncivilized days such people didn't survive. Now, with civilization, those same dumbasses and mentally fucked up people survive. Very few actually do harm to others, but obviously our society isn't handling such people well enough.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Until we change the drug culture, we will be plagued with violence. It's like saying weeds destroy a garden, but they aren't the only reason for crop failures.
Wow! What a great idea--change the drug culture! I wonder why nobody ever thought of that before.
OH--WAIT. Fancy Nancy Ray-gun. The 1980s. Just Say No. D.A.R.E. programs.

Remind me. How did that work out?

Feb 2019
nunya
The more you post, the more ignorant you sound. At least I'd be nine. Any chance of burying the personality contest and proving YOU are above the age of nine? Every post I've said were relevant posts to the subject have been documented and you cannot find any source that discredits those factual points. If the right supported my position, they would be here to do so.

This is my own work. I'm not like you at all. I don't pander to political hacks from the left or the right. Neither side is influencing me in any way, shape, fashion or form. What I'm posting is the work I lived - not read nor believed in because Nancy Peolsi or Donald Trump said so. You are the epitome of ignorance because you continue to make false claims and have not wanted to discuss any relevant post. Neither have you posted anything that refutes the facts contained in those posts.
I have posted 5 different sources refuting all of the ignorant claims that have come from your fingers. You talk of stupidity and ignorance, yet refute all facts I have provided. You have stayed ignorant to different points of view. Not even bothering to think that you could be wrong. You have refused to respond to my other posts specifically for this reason. Your more recent arguments have bypassed the field of logic and gone to complete nonsense and playground insults. If you refuse to have a rational argument, then you are far beyond anyone's help.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Dude, again, the "drug culture" isn't the problem. The problem is fucked up people. In uncivilized days such people didn't survive. Now, with civilization, those same dumbasses and mentally fucked up people survive. Very few actually do harm to others, but obviously our society isn't handling such people well enough.
You can believe anything you want. The facts tell a totally different story. Nearly 100 percent of school shootings are committed by kids on SSRIs. And, as per usual, YOU DID NOT READ THE THREAD.

The problem in virtually every case was not the drug per se, but with the doctor or mental health official who wrote a prescription when the drugs were inappropriate. Insurance companies only allow about 8 minutes for doctors to diagnose a problem and prescribe drugs. You can argue all you want, but with Americans consuming over 80 percent of the world's opioids (and paying a high price there) coupled with the SSRI issue; add in the fact that our mental officials prescribe drugs like Ritalin at a ratio of 3 to 1 over what is prescribed in the U.K. and finish the equation off with the U.S. having more people in prison than any nation on this planet should make the light bulb go off. If that isn't enough, of all the crimes that are committed, almost half of all federal prisoners are serving time for ... get ready for it... drug trafficking.

Drugs and the Correctional System (Prisons, Jails, Probation and Parole)

The root cause for gun violence IS much deeper than that, but let's face it, you won't read this paragraph. Drugs are not the only part of the equation, but they are an integral part of the over-all problem.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I have posted 5 different sources refuting all of the ignorant claims that have come from your fingers. You talk of stupidity and ignorance, yet refute all facts I have provided. You have stayed ignorant to different points of view. Not even bothering to think that you could be wrong. You have refused to respond to my other posts specifically for this reason. Your more recent arguments have bypassed the field of logic and gone to complete nonsense and playground insults. If you refuse to have a rational argument, then you are far beyond anyone's help.
You have not provided any fact that refutes anything I've stated in my posts. For you to stoop that low is beyond the realm of belief. YOU made the first insults. So, don't go away butt hurt. IF you had a fact that even disputed what I said, you'd be crowing about it daily with supporting evidence. You can't, you haven't and you won't.

After forty years of research and then working in environments where both quantitative and qualitative measurements could be taken, there are probably other factors that play into the equation, but no... unfortunately for you, I'm not wrong. You simply don't want to accept the fact that the research had me spending many years chasing after the wrong things until the right combination of factors have proven my proposition. You are about personalities, not facts.