Religion is stupid

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
So if you are standing at the Red Sea and Moses yells to the crowd, "Here us O God!" and the waters part these people are not witnesses to the existence of God?
And as soon as you find us a person that witnessed Moses parting the Red Sea we can look into it.

May 2019
USA
Science doesn't exist, science is something in your mind, not a physical object which can be seen with the naked eye.
Must be that more perfect Evangelical union of Christianity & Islam megalomaniacal business contract to divide the world up between themselves yet again.

Mar 2017
Matosinhos Portugal
None of you can empirically or rationally justify your beliefs. I bet you ten thousand infinity dollars that you cannot provide any sound evidence whatsoever.

There are in this world over 1000 religions, which religion refers to.

I say yes religion is stupid, mainly the religion of my country which is christian.

True examples, is to see history Portugal and Spain,who have had many battles over the centuries.

Both peoples had and have the same religion today

Then there is the Inquisition, practiced by Portugal and Spain.Etc.Etc.

Who killed many innocents in the name of their Catholic Kings.

Inportuguese.

Existe neste mundo mais de 1000 religiões,a qual religião se refere.

Eu digo que sim a religião é estúpida, principalmente a religião do meu país que é cristã.

Exemplos verdadeiros,é ver a história Portugal e Espanha, que tiveram muitas batalhas,ao longo dos séculos.

Ambos os povos tinham e tem hoje a mesma religião.

Depois tem a inquisição,praticada por Portugal e Espanha.Etc.Etc.

Que mataram muitos inocentes,em nome de seus Reis Católicos.

====================================================================

I won $ 10,000 friend don't forget to send me the money I want to visit North America.

Ganhei 10 mil dolares,amigo não se esqueça de me mandar o dinheiro,quero vistar América do Norte.

May 2019
USA
If it wasn't for science you wouldn't have toilet paper.

If it weren't for pseudoscience most really should stop believing in stupid things as Evangelical fabricated misnomer immaculate dhimmitude servitude conceptions in this national religion Christiananality Islamophobia pedophilia national religion; unless of course it's that "serve the Pope or die" belief in one nation under God with equal justice under law "death to the infidels" jihad crusade of cross conditioned way beyond therapy Evangelicals.

Oct 2019
USA
If it wasn't for science you wouldn't have toilet paper.
This is a fallacious notion:

Toilet paper has been around since ancient China, so you're merely conflating Francis Bacon's scientific method, with science or human innovation in general, which has always existed in some capacity or another.

There's no reason for me to assume that Bacon's method is any more responsible for toilet paper than any other method or way in which science could have developed.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
This is a fallacious notion:

Toilet paper has been around since ancient China, so you're merely conflating Francis Bacon's scientific method, with science or human innovation in general, which has always existed in some capacity or another.

There's no reason for me to assume that Bacon's method is any more responsible for toilet paper than any other method or way in which science could have developed.
The ancient Chinese were quite advanced in science relative to the rest of the world at the time. The invented gunpowder a long time ago. I love the fact that they chose to use it to enliven festivals and make beauty rather than to improve efficiency of inflicting injury and death.

And not a christian among them.

Oct 2019
USA
The ancient Chinese were quite advanced in science relative to the rest of the world at the time. The invented gunpowder a long time ago. I love the fact that they chose to use it to enliven festivals and make beauty rather than to improve efficiency of inflicting injury and death.

And not a christian among them.
Not a Baconian among them either, which substantiates my point.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Not a Baconian among them either, which substantiates my point.
I would doubt that, even if they didn't call it that, then. The scientific method wasn't invented by anyone, it is just a formal description of what researchers had been doing.

And it is wrong. It is usually stated as the first step being formulating a hypothesis. In fact, most research starts with an observation. Then potential explanation(s) are hypothesised and so on.