Religious Liberty Task Force

May 2018
none
I'm all for religious freedom too. BUT NOT WHEN BACKED UP BY THE FEDERAL FUCKING GOVERNMENT !!!!

You people are NUTZ !!!!!!! This will quickly become a modern INQUISITION !!!! It will become a tool of oppression. It will be used to first beat down and do away with any non-Christians. Can't have all those nasty, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Wiccans etc etc etc hanging around and worshiping anything NOT Jesus. Praise Jesus and give me an AMEN !!!

THEN, it will turn on Christianity itself. It'll start with those heretical Catholics. Then it will quickly become a way for those in charge to get rid of the smaller and oh so blasphemeist denominations, like the Seventh Days, Amish, Pentecostals and force every one to attend the larger churches.

Really hope you like being Baptist !!!!

The IRONY and HYPOCRISY is just FAAAARRRRRR TO RICH !!!!

The very people who have for the last eight years COMPLAINED, LONG, LOUD AND BITTERLY, about the abuses of an over reaching federal government NOW WANT TO GIVE THAT VERY SAME GOVERNMENT POWER OVER THEIR RELIGION ????????????????????????????

WHAT UTTER FUCKING MORONS !!!!!!
I was told by one of our resident right wingers that I was crazy for suggesting anything like this would happen here. Literally two days later this shit happens. The right wing is using Russia as a model for the US. This is just more evidence of that.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I was told by one of our resident right wingers that I was crazy for suggesting anything like this would happen here. Literally two days later this shit happens. The right wing is using Russia as a model for the US. This is just more evidence of that.
It'a the same with the prayer in school crowd. I've NEVER understood why any self respecting reasonably devout person of faith would WANT to turn over and give up their right to teach their children their religion.

One of the few places government and the courts have feared to tread is on a parent's right to teach their children their religion. The few times they have, they've been almost immediately shut down by the higher courts. Blatant first amendment violations.

About the only time they've ever been successful is against the Mormons on plural marriage and the Christian Scientists for NOT seeking medical treatment for their children. The IRONY of the name Christian Scientist I find hilarious since they disavow medical science.

But where I was going was, WHY would any truly religious person WANT the government, in any form or fashion, TELLING their children when, where or how to pray ?? Once they give the school board the AUTHORITY to insist their children pray in school, they will have given up the right to dictate otherwise !!! They will have, with both hands, given away one of the few absolute rights parents still have. Once the government takes it over, those who run and influence the government will be who decides when and where and to whom the children will pray.

I've have truly never understood why people want to give away their rights. Never understood how people could be SOOOO stupid.

Do they truly not realize that giving that control to the government means THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE IT ??

The only people that WANT prayer in school are those that think they will gain and benefit from it. They can then use the schools as recruiting grounds for their particular brand of Christianity. That the parents might disagree will be of no concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
May 2018
none
It'a the same with the prayer in school crowd. I've NEVER understood why any self respecting reasonably devout person of faith would WANT to turn over and give up their right to teach their children their religion.

One of the few places government and the courts have feared to tread is on a parent's right to teach their children their religion. The few times they have, they've been almost immediately shut down by the higher courts. Blatant first amendment violations.

About the only time they've ever been successful is against the Mormons on plural marriage and the Christian Scientists for NOT seeking medical treatment for their children. The IRONY of the name Christian Scientist I find hilarious since they disavow medical science.

But where I was going was, WHY would any truly religious person WANT the government, in any form or fashion, TELLING their children when, where or how to pray ?? Once they give the school board the AUTHORITY to insist their children pray in school, they will have given up the right to dictate otherwise !!! They will have, with both hands, given away one of the few absolute rights parents still have. Once the government takes it over, those who run and influence the government will be who decides when and where and to whom the children will pray.

I've have truly never understood why people want to give away their rights. Never understood how people could be SOOOO stupid.

Do they truly not realize that giving that control to the government means THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE IT ??
They don't care. To them gay people are more scary than losing their freedom.

Reactions: 1 person