Remember Bonanza?

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
“Bonanza” was a hit TV show that premiered in the year 1959 and ran for over 14 years. With 431 episodes under its belt, it was named the longest running Western series in NBC history when it ended in 1973. “Bonanza” was a show about the lives of a fictional family, the Cartwrights, and their thousand acres of land in Nevada. It turns out that "Hoss" was really gay.

Mar 2017
Matosinhos Portugal

The most mythical of all American television series came to Portugal in 1961

I saw the series when I was a child I was 7 years old in 1965. The movie Bonaza also played in the 70's in Portugal

I didn't know actor Hoss was gay

Who remembers "Bonanza"?
The most mythical of all American television series came to Portugal in 1961, two years after its American debut. From the late 1950s until the early 1970s, the weekly contact with the four inhabitants of the Ponderosa Ranch was part of the habits of millions of viewers around the world. The series depicts the Cartwright family saga, consisting of Ben, the family patriarch (played by actor Lorne Greene), and his three children, all of different women, from whom he was widowed. They are: Adam (Pernell Roberts) the oldest and the intellectual of the group; Hoss (Dan Blocker) a good giant, good-hearted, open-hearted and kind; and Little Joe (Michael Landon), the youngest, an idealistic and romantic young man. Despite the differences that exist between them, all have in common three characteristics that unite them strongly: courage and a sense of honor and justice. When the series premiered on RTP, still in black and white, it was a true television event, as the Portuguese audience only

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
“Bonanza” was a hit TV show that premiered in the year 1959 and ran for over 14 years. With 431 episodes under its belt, it was named the longest running Western series in NBC history when it ended in 1973. “Bonanza” was a show about the lives of a fictional family, the Cartwrights, and their thousand acres of land in Nevada. It turns out that "Hoss" was really gay.
Don't piss off Hoss!

May 2018
USA
It turns out that "Hoss" was really gay.
Lie. Where'd you see it, one of the rightwing "fake news" sites? You are going to have to show some proof from a non-fake site.

From Wikipedia:
Blocker was a Free Methodist.[11] He married Dolphia Parker, whom he had met while a student at Sul Ross State University. All of their four children's names begin with a 'D': Hollywood actor Dirk Blocker, Hollywood producer David Blocker, and twin daughters Debra Lee (artist) and Danna Lynn. David Blocker won a 1998 Emmy for producing "Don King: Only in America."

Jun 2018
South Dakota
This is interesting. If Blocker was gay he was so far in the closet as to be unseeable. His character on Bonanza could have been portrayed as gay but I never got a hint of that. Every now and then we watch an episode of Bonanza on METV (Wifey loves Lorne Greene, probably one of the best ever actors to come out of Canada) and all I see that wasn't apparent before was the lousy sets and backdrops they used.