Remembering 9/11

May 2018
Chicago
I was on the train on my way to work. I will never forget it. All of a sudden, every cell phone on the train started ringing. People started talking about a plane hitting the WTC. No one was really sure exactly what had gone on at that moment. When I got off the train at my stop, people were running up the stairs to the train. It was very creepy because people are usually running down the stairs to get to work on time in the morning. Some people were crying. Once I got in my office, I found out what had happened and heard about the second plane. I tried to call friends in Manhattan and could not get through. It took several days to get in contact with my friends there. It was awful.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
I was a freshman in high school (yes I know, I'm young)

1st period: English. We were taking a tour of the school library. First tower was hit but I didn't find out until second period
2nd period: SHAA. Study Hall and Assistance. It was a period for students who needed a little extra help. We turned on the TV after the second tower had been hit. Turned the TV off to do some lessons and when we turned it back on, the 1st tower had already fallen.
3rd period: Biology. We never turned the TV on and focused on the lesson. I got a message from the office that my dad's flight from Madison to NYC had been canceled.
4th period: German. We had the TV on for the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes. Frau Fererah was a stickler.
5th period: Social Studies. I hated the teacher Mr. Schmitz, but he at least had the sense to drop the lesson and keep the TV on. We watched as the second tower fell.
6th period: Lunch. I walked to the China Wok lunch buffet with my buddies Ross and Tory. We uncomfortably made jokes along the way.
7th period: Gym. A good opportunity to let off some steam. My buddy Brian told me our friend Tyler in NYC was safe.
8th period: Math. The last period of the day and Ms. Anderson was still emotional about everything.
I was upset and confused that classes weren't canceled. I can't remember if they canceled them after my PolySci (around lunch) or if I just quit going and started drinking.

When we got to Psychology class at 10, someone came in and told us our Professor was going to be late because "I don't know if you heard, but planes have hit NYC, he's pretty shook up"

a girl clapped back "we all are!"

I couldn't imagine knowing what happened that morning and just trying to go on about your day like nothing happened. Especially school teachers.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Ladder 118 rushing to help

Every man in that fire truck died that day, including Pete Davidson's dad.

Lt. Robert M. Regan, 48

Joseph Agnello, 35

Vernon Paul Cherry, 49

Scott Matthew Davidson, 33

Leon Smith, Jr., 48

Peter Anthony Vega, 36

~~~~~~

I visited NYC when I was a Jr in high school and I remember the first buildings I saw that struck me, blew my mind, were the twin towers

we went and stood between them and looked up

I got one terrible picture of them, from a Kodak disposable camera, that I'll hold onto forever

May 2019
USA
I recall exactly where I was--- in kitchen watching TV just before heading off to work as second tower was hit. My thought was... this is not an accident..this is war. Nothing will be the same again..
The national shut-down of air travel and the disappearance of the government for days stick in my mind. It always seemed to me that Bush should have walked down the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue and back into the White House rather than cowering in some bunker for days.
Was occasionally watching morning tv thinking it was a movie trailer like Independence Day, but since those burning Bush's Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate cops that baptized thine eyes by urinations of one of Ike's WW II Pentagon staff sergeants receiving standing with Rehnquist's fabricated misnomer immaculate drug conception in being Islam instead of Washington, D.C. born; who later could only be mourned in synagogue to prove being Islam prior to the events figured this Christiananality pedophilia business Islamidiotocracy patriot act was just that.

Jul 2019
Georgia
this is a good read

there were unarmed fighter pilots who took off on a kamikaze mission to take down Flight 93, and would have done it if the passengers hadn't taken it down

imagine taking off, thinking it would be your last time, and taking down a commercial flight in United States' air

‘We May Have to Shoot Down This Aircraft’

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Was occasionally watching morning tv thinking it was a movie trailer like Independence Day, but since those burning Bush's Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate cops that baptized thine eyes by urinations of one of Ike's WW II Pentagon staff sergeants receiving standing with Rehnquist's fabricated misnomer immaculate drug conception in being Islam instead of Washington, D.C. born; who later could only be mourned in synagogue to prove being Islam prior to the events figured this Christiananality pedophilia business Islamidiotocracy patriot act was just that.
Get your medication dose adjusted. That is my advice.

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
My business fortunes mysteriously have been shaped by events caused by the Middle East.

I was negotiating a deal to buy a business that imported products from the Persian Gulf. Deal closed on on the morning of August 2 1990 along with signing a new long term lease with the landlord. I took possession of the business and the location and was pumping gas on the way home when I heard on car radio that Iraq had just invaded Kuwait. I sat out Desert Shield hoping for the best until Saddam dumped crude oil into the Persian Gulf. I had an empty business without a product for three years. Lost my ass on that deal. It took me a decade to recover financially.

In March of 2001, I was upgrading to a new facility that would take about six months to build and make the move. I had a giant banner: Grand Opening September 1. As the date approached, I knew that I would not make that opening date, so to make it simple, I squeezed in another "1" on the banner, making it: Grand Opening September 11. Needless to say, I did not bother opening on Sept 11. I was glued to the TV for two days, and when I finally opened on Sept 13, me and my employees had the only car on entire side of the mall. As we all know, the DotCom bubble popped in the summer of 2001, and after 9/11, we went into recession.

On the morning of 9/11, I was still sleeping when the wife woke me up and said a plane had hit one of the WTC towers. I told her to turn down the sound saying that a little plane probably lost control and bounced off the building. I didn't take it seriously until she woke me again when the second tower was hit.

Jul 2019
Georgia
My business fortunes mysteriously have been shaped by events caused by the Middle East.

I was negotiating a deal to buy a business that imported products from the Persian Gulf. Deal closed on on the morning of August 2 1990 along with signing a new long term lease with the landlord. I took possession of the business and the location and was pumping gas on the way home when I heard on car radio that Iraq had just invaded Kuwait. I sat out Desert Shield hoping for the best until Saddam dumped crude oil into the Persian Gulf. I had an empty business without a product for three years. Lost my ass on that deal. It took me a decade to recover financially.

In March of 2001, I was upgrading to a new facility that would take about six months to build and make the move. I had a giant banner: Grand Opening September 1. As the date approached, I knew that I would not make that opening date, so to make it simple, I squeezed in another "1" on the banner, making it: Grand Opening September 11. Needless to say, I did not bother opening on Sept 11. I was glued to the TV for two days, and when I finally opened on Sept 13, me and my employees had the only car on entire side of the mall. As we all know, the DotCom bubble popped in the summer of 2001, and after 9/11, we went into recession.

On the morning of 9/11, I was still sleeping when the wife woke me up and said a plane had hit one of the WTC towers. I told her to turn down the sound saying that a little plane probably lost control and bounced off the building. I didn't take it seriously until she woke me again when the second tower was hit.
that's pretty wild. it's crazy how that one date was a big part of a lot of lives.

I didn't have anything going on other than College at the time however,
my Niece was born on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and it's kind of brought a positive ray of light on such a somber and solemn date to our family.